☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jun 1, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,757 of 5,932
Lol, that was hilarious, I literally almost choked on my food laughing at that GIF. I have noticed there is a lot more positivity on this thread that most others, despite the fact that there is a 4 month wait for this amp. Over on the HE1000 thread, people were ready to burn the place to the ground even though the headphones were literally in the mail and on the way from China.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #1,758 of 5,932
Lol, that was hilarious, I literally almost choked on my food laughing at that GIF. I have noticed there is a lot more positivity on this thread that most others, despite the fact that there is a 4 month wait for this amp. Over on the HE1000 thread, people were ready to burn the place to the ground even though the headphones were literally in the mail and on the way from China.

At the risk of being flamed all to hell, I've noticed a trend on my steady climb towards summit-fi:  the vibe in the threads for the less expensive gear is MUCH more friendly and non-confrontational.  Something about the summit-fi gear or the people who use it makes those threads really rough.  

I used to think it was just that people who spent a lot on something felt a need to validate the purchase, which is exacerbated by the prices at the summit.  But then I realized that we all stretch our budgets to get the best we can afford, even in the Q701 thread.  My current working theory is that a lot of the summit-fi folks are old-school 2-channel guys with all the inherent associations.  Maybe there's no simple explanation, but the trend is definitely there IMO.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,759 of 5,932

At the risk of being flamed all to hell, I've noticed a trend on my steady climb towards summit-fi:  the vibe in the threads for the less expensive gear is MUCH more friendly and non-confrontational.  Something about the summit-fi gear or the people who use it makes those threads really rough.  

I used to think it was just that people who spent a lot on something felt a need to validate the purchase, which is exacerbated by the prices at the summit.  But then I realized that we all stretch our budgets to get the best we can afford, even in the Q701 thread.  My current working theory is that a lot of the summit-fi folks are old-school 2-channel guys with all the inherent associations.  Maybe there's no simple explanation, but the trend is definitely there IMO.

Biggie was right...

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,760 of 5,932

Biggie was right...

Not to be a pain, but what exactly are the units on the Money scale? Dollars? Cents? This could be useful for estimating the number of problems I should be having.

Also, does this suggest that if I spend all my money on audio gear (such that my money goes to zero) that all my problems will go away?

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #1,761 of 5,932
I actually think this had more to do with the presentation and expectations than income or anything else. The way announcements were made on some products (thinking of the HE-1000, and everything LH Labs has done), either raising expectations on time, making limited offers (or ones that seemed limited), unrealistic delivery expectations, exacerbate people's (sometimes) excessive reactions. The LC release has just been calm, detailed, what you see is what you get.
My $0.02

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,762 of 5,932
Not to be a pain, but what exactly are the units on the Money scale? Dollars? Cents? This could be useful for estimating the number of problems I should be having.

Also, does this suggest that if I spend all my money on audio gear (such that my money goes to zero) that all my problems will go away?

G units of 50c.

You have 99 problems, so you should be able to extrapolate the amount of money involved.

As to your third question, I think you are in the wrong thread...

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #1,763 of 5,932
Anyone take a look these new Audio GD amps? 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/769986/three-new-amps-on-preorder-from-audio-gd-c-2-11th-anniversary-edition-nfb-1amp-nfb-3amp

The NFB-1AMP in particular looks like a pretty good competitor to the Liquid Carbon. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,765 of 5,932
  Anyone take a look these new Audio GD amps? 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/769986/three-new-amps-on-preorder-from-audio-gd-c-2-11th-anniversary-edition-nfb-1amp-nfb-3amp

The NFB-1AMP in particular looks like a pretty good competitor to the Liquid Carbon. 

I think they were mentioned in the NFB-28 page. The NFB-1 looks like an upgrade from the NFB-6, which was a good all around unit. Hopefully someone will have some impressions soon.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,766 of 5,932

I think they were mentioned in the NFB-28 page. The NFB-1 looks like an upgrade from the NFB-6, which was a good all around unit. Hopefully someone will have some impressions soon.

Looks like they're not shipping for another two weeks so patience will be key, as with the LC.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,767 of 5,932

Looks like they're not shipping for another two weeks so patience will be key, as with the LC.

I mostly just mention them for the massive power rating and the preamp outputs. Without hearing it myself, it's feature set has a lot to offer (preamp output, etc). 

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,768 of 5,932
Gonna place my order to get the LC in order to drive my TH900. Sad i don't have balance headphone so i can only use SE of this amp. Anyone who heard this amp, can you please compare the difference in terms of its SE and balance output? (Or i should ask does the se as good as the balance out?).

Also regarding the balance input, its like normal amp that balance in balance out and RCA in SE out right? I am asking because i have seen some amps they can do like XLR (balance) in SE out. :)

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,769 of 5,932

I mostly just mention them for the massive power rating and the preamp outputs. Without hearing it myself, it's feature set has a lot to offer (preamp output, etc). 

They are really powerful units from Audio-GD. Also it's nice to have all the preamp, multiple inputs/outputs, and a remote. Good stuff there.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,770 of 5,932
Gonna place my order to get the LC in order to drive my TH900. Sad i don't have balance headphone so i can only use SE of this amp. Anyone who heard this amp, can you please compare the difference in terms of its SE and balance output? (Or i should ask does the se as good as the balance out?).

Also regarding the balance input, its like normal amp that balance in balance out and RCA in SE out right? I am asking because i have seen some amps they can do like XLR (balance) in SE out. :)

Balanced will have more power. (Tim Allen Grunting sounds). Get you cans recalled to balanced. Tons of companies/people here will do that for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back