☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Loyalty/Upgrade Discount
Feb 5, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #31 of 166
Well I'll be a Blue Nosed Gopher! I too wanted another Cavalli! Say.. Didn't Chico play Cavalli in Horse Feathers?

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #32 of 166
That is great news, glad Cavalli is going to bring back these three great amps.:)

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #34 of 166

I'll be keen if anyone wants to handball me their Liquid Carbon to take advantage of this offer! This is a very generous offer by Cavalli indeed!

Keep checking the classifieds. I saw 3 pop up this past week. I was lucky enough to land the second one.

Yup, it does happen!  
smile.gif

Actually, my joking post above raises an interesting question. I am pretty tempted (and boy am I not good at resisting temptation) to use this offer to get a Glass. I'll be selling my Carbon afterwards, both to help pay for it and because it will be pretty superfluous. Does that mean the new owner will also be eligible for the deal? This invites the possibility of multiple discounts being generated per individual Carbon unit, which I doubt is what Cavalli really wants (or maybe they don't care.). Either way, that should probably be addressed....

Originally Posted by bflat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I assume if we take advantage of this discount, you guys will keep track of the LC serial numbers so that it can't be used for the discount again by a different owner? Just want to clarify because if I take you up on the offer, I will gladly take the discount, but will most likely sell my LC to further help my financials. I just want to be clear on what I tell the next owner.

You know, I was asked that same question in private this morning.  And it's been in the back of my mind since we initially thought of doing this a couple of weeks ago.

First of all, as a true Head-Fier, I understand how it's absolutely necessary to turn-over older gear in order to buy better gear, as does Alex.  So once you've completed your transaction - yes - please feel free to sell your Carbon with our blessing in order to help fund whichever amp you are upgrading to.  You'll be finding a lovely new home for your Carbon, where it can infect impress somebody else with that magical Cavalli sound that we all can't get enough of.  
smile.gif
  Just don't sell it before you complete your transaction for your new amp, as we might ask for visual proof that you are still in possession of your Carbon at the time of purchase (I'll explain more about this later).

But of course, you guys have nailed it with your questions above.  The crux of this issue is whether the person you sell your Carbon to will also be eligible for the discount?  Well, let's think about this for a moment...

• We know that some of you have been wanting to move on to our premium amps, especially after having lived with the Liquid Carbon for a while.  That's the entire reason why we are doing one final production run of each premium amp, so that no one is left out.  If I didn't already have my Liquid Glass, and I learned that Cavalli Audio had discontinued it before I could get one, I would be fairly despondent - and I don't want anybody to go through that.  IOW, we WANT you to be able to get the Cavalli amp that you've always wanted.
  • We know that our premium amps aren't exactly easy purchases to make given their price points.*  Those of you who purchased a Liquid Carbon, have made an initial investment into one of our products.  And with your intention to move up to one of our premium amps, you are - in effect - taking a huge leap of faith and choosing to invest even more into one of our premium products.  If there is something we can reasonably do to help make that happen, like provide a meaningful discount, we'd like to do just that.  IOW, we WANT to make it easier for you invest in a deeper relationship with us.

So while it would be perfectly logical to restrict the discount to individual Liquid Carbon units, I don't feel that doing so would be in keeping with the spirit of what we want (as outlined above).  That said, no, I will not be restricting the discount.  If you are the current legal owner of a Liquid Carbon, and you can prove possession of that unit to our satisfaction, and the ordering period for the amp that you want has not ended, I will extend to you the same discount (even if a discount has been previously claimed for that unit).  
smile.gif

*In fact, that's part of the reason why the Liquid Carbon was created in the first place - to distill the essentials of a Cavalli amp into a reasonably affordable price point - which we then discounted heavily just to make it as accessible as we could.  Believe me when I tell y'all that the VAST majority of the Carbon's price went into its manufacture, and that we could easily go broke making and selling Liquid Carbons at that price.  If for no other reason, that is the main thing that gives us pause about another Carbon run.

Hi Warren,

While I didn't have a chance to buy a Carbon, it's always great to see a company go above and beyond for their customers. It engenders customer loyalty and can lead to long, fruitful relationships for both consumer and manufacturer.

Hi Merrick, that is exactly how we feel.  We see ourselves as one of the community's manufacturing partners, on the same team, and in a joint pursuit of great sound.  
smile.gif

However, I have to say, as someone who wasn't able to get in on the original Carbon run, this does seem to be rubbing salt in the wound. Surely there should be incentives for new customers too? I'm sure a lot of people saw the lifetime warranty surprise and thought, "Hey, this Cavalli company takes care of its customers, I'd like to try some of that!" But now it feels like you're closing ranks instead of opening the doors. This is exacerbated by the fact that the Cavalli website states that for any future runs of the Carbon "the price will need to be adjusted to better reflect costs." So to non-Carbon owners, it looks like this:

1. A few select people got a great deal on an excellent amp.
2. These same people got an extra bonus in the form of a lifetime warranty.
3. These same people, and only them, get a discount opportunity on other amps.
4. In addition to missing out on this cool discount opportunity, future Carbon owners will have to also pay more upfront.

Not trying to be a complainer, just wanted to give you a perspective from someone on the outside looking in. It looks like a few select people are getting some great treatment while anyone who couldn't get in on time is left out in the cold.

First of all, thank you so much for pointing that out!  
smile.gif
  I appreciate your candor.  Of course, it was never our intention to rub salt in a wound.  But from time-to-time, we all get a little tunnel vision, and that may have happened here.  If I may, I'd like to ask for a little time for Alex and I to confer, and to consider, what you've pointed out, before responding?

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #35 of 166
  Hi Warren,

While I didn't have a chance to buy a Carbon, it's always great to see a company go above and beyond for their customers. It engenders customer loyalty and can lead to long, fruitful relationships for both consumer and manufacturer.

However, I have to say, as someone who wasn't able to get in on the original Carbon run, this does seem to be rubbing salt in the wound. Surely there should be incentives for new customers too? I'm sure a lot of people saw the lifetime warranty surprise and thought, "Hey, this Cavalli company takes care of its customers, I'd like to try some of that!" But now it feels like you're closing ranks instead of opening the doors. This is exacerbated by the fact that the Cavalli website states that for any future runs of the Carbon "the price will need to be adjusted to better reflect costs." So to non-Carbon owners, it looks like this:

1. A few select people got a great deal on an excellent amp.
2. These same people got an extra bonus in the form of a lifetime warranty.
3. These same people, and only them, get a discount opportunity on other amps.
4. In addition to missing out on this cool discount opportunity, future Carbon owners will have to also pay more upfront.

Not trying to be a complainer, just wanted to give you a perspective from someone on the outside looking in. It looks like a few select people are getting some great treatment while anyone who couldn't get in on time is left out in the cold.

Totally understand your frustration, but if memory serves me correctly the Liquid Carbon was available for pre-order for a period of months and it was discussed heavily on a number of Head-Fi threads for that entire period. Sorry some missed out on the original LC opportunity and that the recent moves by Cavalli are causing even more ex-post regret. However, I do have a feeling that Warren and Alex will do something to help with this situation. Cheers 

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #36 of 166
I actually don't see a problem if the LC's bought used can then be used for the higher models at the same discount as the original purchaser got, and the lifetime warranty is transferrable. There will surely be LC's available from those who opt to move up to the higher priced spread...

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #37 of 166
Lol could use the deductible and be a greedy gus and get a liquid Gold but that would be foolish.

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #38 of 166
Hi Merrick, that is exactly how we feel.  We see ourselves as one of the community's manufacturing partners, on the same team, and in a joint pursuit of great sound.  :smile:

First of all, thank you so much for pointing that out!  :smile:   I appreciate your candor.  Of course, it was never our intention to rub salt in a wound.  But from time-to-time, we all get a little tunnel vision, and that may have happened here.  If I may, I'd like to ask for a little time for Alex and I to confer, and to consider, what you've pointed out, before responding?

Take all the time you need. I know that your goal here was to help the community, so I'm not trying to take you to task, just giving a different perspective. The fact that you're making the lifetime warranties and discount transferable does show you're interested in taking care of all your customers, and as someone who hasn't even bought a Cavalli amp yet, I appreciate that.

I also appreciate you taking the time to respond to a post that could have been seen as negative. I'm glad you took it in the spirit it was intended. Cheers!

Totally understand your frustration, but if memory serves me correctly the Liquid Carbon was available for pre-order for a period of months and it was discussed heavily on a number of Head-Fi threads for that entire period. Sorry some missed out on the original LC opportunity and that the recent moves by Cavalli are causing even more ex-post regret. However, I do have a feeling that Warren and Alex will do something to help with this situation. Cheers 

I wasn't on HF until after the presales on the Carbon had ended. I know that Warren and Alex can't possibly take care of every set of circumstances, and I'm not asking for special treatment. I'm sure they will come up with something that sounds appealing to new customers while still keeping their company financially viable. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #40 of 166
Is this a one-time thing only ? That's really something really awesome for a manufacturer to do, I'm just wondering if maybe we'll ever get a chance to do this in the future (to possibly save up some cash until then). I think it would be something worth considering, since we already have Warren teasing us with the upcoming gear in 2017 (y u do this) :D .

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #41 of 166
It really is just a marketing item as you can pick one up in the for sale; transfer the warranty; place your order for the real amp you want and receive the discount then when it comes in just sell the LC to someone else and the cycle continues to the next interested CA owner. It would just be easier to lower the price up front on this limited batch in 2016.

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #42 of 166
so any word on an ETA for when the final run will become available for purchase? and how many (roughly) of each unit will be available?

I don't have a carbon but I've been saving up for the crimson for months, just want to know if I'll have enough time to get one before they're gone forever

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #43 of 166
Oh boy...........Love my Liquid Fire.  Had the Liquid Gold demo and that is just the best I've listened to period.  What a quandary with no balanced amp from you for maybe a year or more.............

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #45 of 166
Nice offer.  It doesn't change my plans any, as I'm pretty much in love with my Crimson, but still way cool.

Yes I am really enjoying my Liquid Crimson too. And perhaps in the future, I will save up for the Liquid Gold. But for right now I am happy with what I have.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back