☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Loyalty/Upgrade Discount
Feb 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #46 of 166
  So, if I now get the Liquid Gold I will have the solid state trifecta.  Very Tempting!

Originally Posted by drgajet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, Crimsons a hybrid, never mind, still tempted.

Lol, go for the gold!  
biggrin.gif
  Seriously though, these are going to be the last LAus ever made... if not now, then when?  
smile.gif

@warrenpchi be like:

and Head-fi be like: 

and @warrenpchi be like:

Lol, wait until you fall in love with the LAu that you're taking to ChiUniFi... then yes to ^.  
tongue.gif

Nice offer.  It doesn't change my plans any, as I'm pretty much in love with my Crimson, but still way cool.

Thank you sir!  
smile.gif

Well I'll be a Blue Nosed Gopher! I too wanted another Cavalli! Say.. Didn't Chico play Cavalli in Horse Feathers?

Looks like this offer comes just in the nick of time then!  
redface.gif
  Also, Wikipedia says Baravelli.

That is great news, glad Cavalli is going to bring back these three great amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!  We were initially going to retire them quietly, as we focused on product development this year.  But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that would be somewhat of a d*ck move.  And so, here we are!  
biggrin.gif

If you bought two, do you get a double discount?

Lol, no.

I actually don't see a problem if the LC's bought used can then be used for the higher models at the same discount as the original purchaser got, and the lifetime warranty is transferrable. There will surely be LC's available from those who opt to move up to the higher priced spread...

This.  
smile.gif

Lol could use the deductible and be a greedy gus and get a liquid Gold but that would be foolish.

I wonder how it compares to Glass and Crimson :)

I have my thoughts about that, but I think we'll NEED reddog to answer that question definitively!  
biggrin.gif

Is this a one-time thing only ? That's really something really awesome for a manufacturer to do, I'm just wondering if maybe we'll ever get a chance to do this in the future (to possibly save up some cash until then). I think it would be something worth considering, since we already have Warren teasing us with the upcoming gear in 2017 (y u do this) :D .

Yes, this will be a one-time thing.  Or, to put it another way, I don't foresee us doing anything like this again, not for a long, long, long-long time.

(y u do this) :D .

Because I am the one and only treasel... sho'nuff!  
biggrin.gif

so any word on an ETA for when the final run will become available for purchase? and how many (roughly) of each unit will be available?

I don't have a carbon but I've been saving up for the crimson for months, just want to know if I'll have enough time to get one before they're gone forever

Hey takato, long time no see!  
smile.gif
  We will probably start the ordering period next week, and leave it open until March 21st (the day after CanJam SoCal) so that people have one last opportunity to audition all of these amps before deciding.  Unlike previous runs, where there was a set quantity of amps available, we are making this run time-based instead.  That removes the quantity restriction, so that we don't have to turn anyone away based on quantity.  However, we do need to set a definite closure date for orders so that we can begin production without too much delay.

It really is just a marketing item as you can pick one up in the for sale; transfer the warranty; place your order for the real amp you want and receive the discount then when it comes in just sell the LC to someone else and the cycle continues to the next interested CA owner. It would just be easier to lower the price up front on this limited batch in 2016.

Ha, good try!  
tongue.gif
  As I mentioned above, this will time-limited offer, for amps that will be built-to-order.  Given that we perceive time to be linear and unidirectional, I think the above would be pretty hard to pull off.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #48 of 166
  Even if only a rough estimate at this point, when do you predict each model will ship?

If batch sizes remain relatively consistent with previous runs, then late August or early September.  
smile.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #49 of 166
Wish I had the LC and the cash to buy a liquid glass to bad it's 4690$ imported to Denmark :frowning2:
I will most likely never own one as a father of 3 with an ordinary job.
Luckily one of my good friends got the liquid glass some time ago and I can always bring my headphones to he's place and do all the listening I want :) and sometimes he lets me take it home for a week or two to envy the lovely cavalli house sound

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #50 of 166
Wish I had the LC and the cash to buy a liquid glass to bad it's 4690$ imported to Denmark
frown.gif

I will most likely never own one as a father of 3 with an ordinary job.
Luckily one of my good friends got the liquid glass some time ago and I can always bring my headphones to he's place and do all the listening I want
smily_headphones1.gif
and sometimes he lets me take it home for a week or two to envy the lovely cavalli house sound

I have the same problem, except I have the LC. Would love to own the Liquid Glass but $4690 is simply too much.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #51 of 166

Ha, good try!  
tongue.gif
  As I mentioned above, this will time-limited offer, for amps that will be built-to-order.  Given that we perceive time to be linear and unidirectional, I think the above would be pretty hard to pull off.

But you had a puppy in the post.  Everyone knows you include puppies in marketing material as it increases the responses to the marketing message 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #52 of 166
  But you had a puppy in the post.  Everyone knows you include puppies in marketing material as it increases the responses to the marketing message 
biggrin.gif

Ah, but this is Head-Fi... puppies don't work like that here.  If I were trying to augment our marketing prowess, I'd have posted pics of cameras, or watches, or anime girls.  
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #55 of 166
I think Cavalli needs to sponsor @reddog and float him an LAu at parts cost. What better ambassador? He can braid his beard for Gosh sakes!

Lol I will second that request :D.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #57 of 166
  hey @warrenpchi  , would it be possible to show the product page for the crimson on the website? right now its missing. would be helpful for prospective upgraders!

Also for curious and passionate new owners who wonder, among other things - what is the output impedance of the far left 1/4" jack with the attenuating resistors?

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #59 of 166
LOL, I thought I got over missing the great sale on Crimson a few months back. THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!!!!!!!

Seriously, I estimate I was literally 5 min too late from getting one of the best audio deals ever.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #60 of 166
  How do I get a discount for a new buyer?

A few people have already discussed one way:  buy a used Liquid Carbon and use that to get a discount on the big brother amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back