☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #481 of 1,260
i'm curious on how many orders does cavalli have on the carbons.
Probably not as many as you would think :xf_eek: Get on it while you can! Is there anything else out there that's better for $799.00?

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #482 of 1,260

Probably not as many as you would think
redface.gif
Get on it while you can! Is there anything else out there that's better for $799.00?

I'd love to compare it to a Bottlehead Sex2.1 or a Mainline. Of course these aren't  "portable" amps

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #483 of 1,260

Probably not as many as you would think
redface.gif
Get on it while you can! Is there anything else out there that's better for $799.00?

There certainly are a number of options in that price range:

desktop: hifiman, Vorzuge, Audeze, Burson, Schiit, Lake People, Meier Audio
portable: fostex, cypher labs, ADL, iQube, CEntrance

I'm sure there are more. Is the LC a good deal? yes. Is there something better? Well that depends on desired features and SQ and price trade-offs.

As for the SEX, I think that was discontinued. Yep, no more SEX. Only 3 kits left. If you want sex, get it now too :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #485 of 1,260
May 2, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #487 of 1,260
  *NOTE:  You’ll have 30 days to place your order, after which we will immediately begin production, which should take approximately 14-16 weeks to complete.  And yes, we mean 14-16 weeks this time.

Is that from the 4th when this post was last modified or just until they sell out the run?

May 2, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #488 of 1,260

Is that from the 4th when this post was last modified or just until they sell out the run?

The run won't sell out, they'll make as many as people order.  But yeah, only a few days left on the second run.

May 3, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #489 of 1,260
I am sure I will always wonder right or wrong but I ordered one up. As talked about before I can always order a Schiit Mjolnir 2 anytime later on. 
Unless a miracle happens this will be the only Cavalli Amp I will EVER be able to own let alone afford and I am not not really into amp collecting...
Headphones I do not mind having a few and switching them up!
At any rate I SHOULD hear a difference over my non-balanced 1st generation Lyr that has served me well the last 4 yrs. 

Next up a balanced DAC, and that will be awhile as I have heard and REALLY want a Yggdrasil, I must not be the only one, there is now a 3 week wait currently... Good thing I will not be in ANY hurry! 

May 3, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #490 of 1,260
This is a hard week. I have to decide wether I want to buy this amp or not.
Speaking against it are essentially the bonuses. I feel they could have made it cost less by not adding them.
Sure its probably a good deal but no one can tell me their costs are not reflected in the overall price.
As an international customer it bothers me to pay the import taxes for the cables(obtainable locally), software(won't use as I only use Linux) and a shirt(won't wear it ever)

On the other hand nobody knows if Cavalli will ever produce a similar amp again, i.e. for that price and in that format.

Anybody wants to buy a Cavalli shirt in europe? ;]
Send me your size or it will be used to clean my bike chain.

May 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #492 of 1,260
Not in the EU but I'll take it I can use 2 would sleep in one.

But seriously I get your conundrum but it's the way of the world. If value holds true for Gen 2 they will be worth the price on the open market like Gen 1. I tried unsuccessfully to buy a used one and every time I responded they were sold already.VAT and GST sucks, we deal with that every time we visit relatives in the great white north, all they want us to bring is cigarettes and we don't smoke. 

Hope you settle your on your decision I think it's worth it but only you can decide.

May 3, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #493 of 1,260
  This is a hard week. I have to decide wether I want to buy this amp or not.
Speaking against it are essentially the bonuses. I feel they could have made it cost less by not adding them.
Sure its probably a good deal but no one can tell me their costs are not reflected in the overall price.
As an international customer it bothers me to pay the import taxes for the cables(obtainable locally), software(won't use as I only use Linux) and a shirt(won't wear it ever)

On the other hand nobody knows if Cavalli will ever produce a similar amp again, i.e. for that price and in that format.

Anybody wants to buy a Cavalli shirt in europe? ;]
Send me your size or it will be used to clean my bike chain.

Well I have a few thoughts on that:

1 - They said it would be $799 the second time around like a year ago.  That hasn't changed, extras or not.
2 - People were literally buying used ones for $800 a week before this run was announced.  I'm not joking, they were talking about it in the impressions thread!

Given that, I think $799 is a solid price, regardless of the extras.  And frankly, I think you could sell the extras for more than Cavalli probably paid for them.

Anyways, good luck making your decision!  I love my Carbon and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours if you decide to get one.

May 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #494 of 1,260
Lol what I'm wondering is if there was gonna be any backlash if there weren't going to be any add-ons, like 'Hey we will offer the Carbons again, $799, a price increase like we previously mentioned". I think, and this is my personal opinion, the way to see this investment is 'I was gonna pay 799 for the Carbon ANYWAYS, I might as well get some extra stuff'.

May 3, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #495 of 1,260
  Lol what I'm wondering is if there was gonna be any backlash if there weren't going to be any add-ons, like 'Hey we will offer the Carbons again, $799, a price increase like we previously mentioned". I think, and this is my personal opinion, the way to see this investment is 'I was gonna pay 799 for the Carbon ANYWAYS, I might as well get some extra stuff'.

The Audioquest power cable and a t-shirt are not worth the extra $$ in my opinion. Although you can probably sell the cable and recoup some of your money. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back