☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
May 3, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #496 of 1,260
The thing is they said long before they made a second run the price would most likely increase to @that amount so people sold them used for exactly that amount used. Now granted you got a lifetime warranty and the upgrade rebate if you will. I find it very interesting people are fixated on the Cord and and shirt but not on the warranty. IMO I was buying one anyways as I tried to buy one used and was a day late every time (story of my life). 

May 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #497 of 1,260

The Audioquest power cable and a t-shirt are not worth the extra $$ in my opinion. Although you can probably sell the cable and recoup some of your money. 

Well like I said if there weren't any extras we would be having a totally different conversation here. It might even lead to a " Why are we paying more " when its clearly stated that you will have to after the first run.

Alas its everyone else's money not mine that is involved and I can understand that everyone wants to get the best bang for their buck. Personally, I love the LC, and was glad to pay the initial $599 + taxes and shipping on them, and would have been glad to pay $799 as well although that decision would have been harder. I wish I get the power cord, would be a nice addition to my lineup, and I could finally test for sure in my own setup whether power cables are worth mentioning.

As for the shirt, if you guys don't want one I wouldn't mind adding a Cavalli shirt to my growing collection. Although I'll probably bug the hell outta @warrenpchi like I always do to sell me one eventually.

May 3, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #498 of 1,260
Bottom line is that they said all along that the first run was at a special price and that any potential future runs would most likely be at a higher price.  No surprises here.

May 3, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #499 of 1,260
As a newbie to Cavalli, I can only say I’ve been sorry for a long time that I missed the initial offering, and I jumped at the chance to get a LC now.  The software and t-shirt are fluff, so I figure the extra $200 is for the AQ power cord, currently around $100 everywhere, and the upgraded power supply.  Heck there are people who sell amps without a power cord (Woo comes to mind) so I think this is a deal I can live with.   At the higher price I guess you have to figure out where the pain will be the greatest, regret for not buying one or regret for buying one.

May 3, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #500 of 1,260

Well like I said if there weren't any extras we would be having a totally different conversation here. It might even lead to a " Why are we paying more " when its clearly stated that you will have to after the first run.

Alas its everyone else's money not mine that is involved and I can understand that everyone wants to get the best bang for their buck. Personally, I love the LC, and was glad to pay the initial $599 + taxes and shipping on them, and would have been glad to pay $799 as well although that decision would have been harder. I wish I get the power cord, would be a nice addition to my lineup, and I could finally test for sure in my own setup whether power cables are worth mentioning.

As for the shirt, if you guys don't want one I wouldn't mind adding a Cavalli shirt to my growing collection. Although I'll probably bug the hell outta @warrenpchi like I always do to sell me one eventually.

Bottom line is that they said all along that the first run was at a special price and that any potential future runs would most likely be at a higher price.  No surprises here.

Exactly none what so ever and frankly would have had to  pay the same second hand and with this I get the power cord, the power supply for SE use , software, the shirt and a cool Cavalli shipping box for our cats!

May 3, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #502 of 1,260

Exactly none what so ever and frankly would have had to  pay the same second hand and with this I get the power cord, the power supply for SE use , software, the shirt and a cool Cavalli shipping box for our cats!

Lol them magical Cavalli dust on the shipping box that makes the cats enjoy it 10x more.

May 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #505 of 1,260

Well I have a few thoughts on that:

1 - They said it would be $799 the second time around like a year ago.  That hasn't changed, extras or not.
2 - People were literally buying used ones for $800 a week before this run was announced.  I'm not joking, they were talking about it in the impressions thread!

Given that, I think $799 is a solid price, regardless of the extras.  And frankly, I think you could sell the extras for more than Cavalli probably paid for them.

Anyways, good luck making your decision!  I love my Carbon and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours if you decide to get one.

Did not gather that the price was already determined a year ago. If that's the case, I wonder how the extras were squeezed in. Probably pricing wasn't fixed after all.
I would rather like free shipping than all of them combined.

I read the impressions thread which is why I will probably buy one, as indicated by my last two sentences.
$800 seems rather high, when I look at the expired listings at http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=cavalli+carbon

My main gripe is that I have to pay import fees for products I do not need/will not use. Especially as everything will be classified as an amplifier.
The fees are always annoying but I understand them. Just wished they were taken into account when determining the pricing/contents of the bundle.

May 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #506 of 1,260
  Did not gather that the price was already determined a year ago. If that's the case, I wonder how the extras were squeezed in. Probably pricing wasn't fixed after all.

I read the impressions thread which is why I will probably buy one, as indicated by my last two sentences.
$800 seems rather high, when I look at the expired listings at http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=cavalli+carbon

My main gripe is that I have to pay import fees for products I do not need/will not use. Especially as everything will be classified as an amplifier.
The fees are always annoying but I understand them. Just wished they were taken into account when determining the pricing/contents of the bundle.

Those fees are your government trying to discourage you from buying things from the US.  Seems like they're working.  lol

In all seriousness, I think there are a lot of people on both sides of your dilemma.  For some, the add-ons are amazing and they'd love to see that kind of thing with every amp release.  For others, every penny counts and they'd rather see it stripped to the bone.  You can't please everybody, unfortunately.  :-/

May 4, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #509 of 1,260

Well, when Alex announced the LC first run, in the same post he said that $600 was selling it below cost. That means he was losing money on each amp, not just breaking even.

He said repeatedly that he was doing the project to thank the community for past support, and I think it's fair to say that there were extra expenses on his side in providing tech support and warranty repair. That's no way to sustain a business, even if it hooked several new customers in to upgrading to a Liquid Crimson or other higher-end amp with the Cavalli sound, so his original promise of "any following Carbon runs, if there even will be any more, will have to sell for a couple hundred dollars more" (paraphrased, the threads can be looked at). It's like a Kickstarter... The early birds were last year. Now you're going to pay retail.

I'm personally excited to see what Cavalli is capable of doing now that he has a greater production capacity and some more capital from this LC run and the retirement runs of the LAu, LGlass, and LCrimson. The upcoming Liquid Spark should be really interesting as the first Cavalli battery-powered portable amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back