☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #286 of 1,260

That will happen if you don't turn the preamp down to adjust for any boosts. I usually keep mine around -6 for a little buffer to play and then drop further as necessary.

Thanks. Do you mean gain volume slider in Amarra? Or elsewhere?

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #287 of 1,260
Apr 7, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #289 of 1,260
Would love to has this but can only afford it if I can pay half of the price now and half when its ready to be delivered. Would be fine if I didn't have to purchase new headphones. The Nighthawks I have with their fragile cable have to go,

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #290 of 1,260
  Would love to has this but can only afford it if I can pay half of the price now and half when its ready to be delivered. 

Yeah, I don't really like their business plan of taking our money first, then hopefully delivering like some 5 months later. 

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #291 of 1,260

Would love to has this but can only afford it if I can pay half of the price now and half when its ready to be delivered. 

Yeah, I don't really like their business plan of taking our money first, then hopefully delivering like some 5 months later. 

the options are to borrow money or sell equity to an investor, which could raise costs. It's a matter of trust, and this company has proved viable and trustworthy to many over the years. The decision, of course, is yours.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #292 of 1,260
You can always buy one from the first run on the classifieds, which was bought by those who waited with baited breath for several months. Not sure what the undercurrent of mistrust of "hopefully delivering" embedded in your missives is based on.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #293 of 1,260

Well there are other audio companies that take money up front and then hopefully deliver a few years later.  Cavalli has never failed to deliver and only once has missed the target date.

Obviously, if you don't like it, nobody is twisting your arm.  But as Allanmarcus said, there are few options for a small business making expensive gear.  This business plan is the one they feel will give us the best bang for our buck.  

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #294 of 1,260
I'm not saying I don't think they have a good track record, just that I don't like their business model. But a part of me wonders if there's been any instances where someone was not able to receive their non-refundable deposit back?

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #295 of 1,260
  There is a beta of Amarra for Tidal on Windows...

Regarding Windows, Roon, via ASIO, to JPLAY, via KS, to your DAC isn't too shabby plus Roon has Tidal integration also.  Not a cheap solution but Roon's UI and ease of use is second to none plus that setup sounds wonderful!

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #296 of 1,260
I'm not saying I don't think they have a good track record, just that I don't like their business model. But a part of me wonders if there's been any instances where someone was not able to receive their non-refundable deposit back?

As far as I know, it's refundable until the order period ends.  After that, the only way I see you getting it back is if they cancel the entire run and refund everyone.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #298 of 1,260

Regarding Windows, Roon, via ASIO, to JPLAY, via KS, to your DAC isn't too shabby plus Roon has Tidal integration also.  Not a cheap solution but Roon's UI and ease of use is second to none plus that setup sounds wonderful!

I think Roon is targeted more towards the 2-channel crowd.  I have no idea why that software is priced at $500.  It's mind-blowing!

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #299 of 1,260

I think Roon is targeted more towards the 2-channel crowd.  I have no idea why that software is priced at $500.  It's mind-blowing!

Like I said, it's not cheap and the $500 is for a lifetime membership with no yearly or upgrade fees ever.  Isn't head-fi all about 2-channel anyway?

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #300 of 1,260

Like I said, it's not cheap and the $500 is for a lifetime membership with no yearly or upgrade fees ever.  Isn't head-fi all about 2-channel anyway?

Sorry, by "2-channel crowd" I was referring to the people who spend 5-6 digits on their stereo systems.  I.e. that $500 software is nothing compared to the $50,000 system it'll be controlling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back