•○• JVC DX1000 | VS | AUDEZE LCD-2 •○•
Aug 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

MEDO

100+ Head-Fier

As it says in the title, i'm really interested in the DX1000. But i can't seem to find any comparisons between these tow headphones. I remember skylab admiring these headphones, if anyone even have an opinion about the DX1000 that would be helpful too. What motivates me is that they're available on amazon and i think they didn't have a chance to stand out and get the respect they deserve. And from what i read the DX1000 have a strange sound character, i mean how would they compare to the Audeze sound, I know how good the LCD2s are but the DX1000 i don't.

any input would be appreciated  ,,,

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 58
I got both but I'm currently without an amp capable of driving the audeze. So I have no way to do a fair comparison. I'm waiting for a tube to replace in my dna stratus. I can tell you though that right out of my icon hdp the dx1000 sounds just wonderful. It does some magic to my ears.The denon d7000 was my first love in this hobby and I still respect it, but in my opinion the jvc is clearly superior. I have no words to describe the bass, from memory I'd say I prefer it to the audeze's. When I have my amp back I will post more accurate impressions.

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 58
Quote:
I got both but I'm currently without an amp capable of driving the audeze. So I have no way to do a fair comparison. I'm waiting for a tube to replace in my dna stratus. I can tell you though that right out of my icon hdp the dx1000 sounds just wonderful. It does some magic to my ears.The denon d7000 was my first love in this hobby and I still respect it, but in my opinion the jvc is clearly superior. I have no words to describe the bass, from memory I'd say I prefer it to the audeze's. When I have my amp back I will post more accurate impressions.

Thank you very much for this, and if you say the JVC is better than the doenons 7000 then it should be a powerful opponent to the audeze. Just as i thought, the DX1000 is really underestimated. i would've thought they were discontinued just like the MDR and Qualia if they didn't show up on amazon.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 58
DX1000 is very underated because very few actually heard/purchase them, since it is very hard to find them. Even in Asia like in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and China, DX1000 is rarely available.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 58
Quote:
DX1000 is very underated because very few actually heard/purchase them, since it is very hard to find them. Even in Asia like in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and China, DX1000 is rarely available.

If it was easily available, I would have one.

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 58
Quote:
here's the link to the page on amazon and there are even 4 sellers. click here

How about reading the pages?

"Japanese Import"
"Ships from Japan"

If you want to import, you might as well order from pricejapan.com since it's 1100$ shipped there.

I don't know what people mean with hard to find. It's a Japan model and only available there. Anyone with credit card can order it 24/7.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #8 of 58
Quote:
I don't know what people mean with hard to find. It's a Japan model and only available there. Anyone with credit card can order it 24/7.

No credit card, located in South Africa.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #9 of 58
Quote:
No credit card, located in South Africa.

I guess you are generally considered to be "minority".then. Life is hard without credit. :wink:

If you have the money, there's always a way. Your mom, bank transfer, some online cards etc. Has nothing to do with hard to find imo.. but the price could be steep.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:
I guess you are generally considered to be "minority".then. Life is hard without credit. :wink:

If you have the money, there's always a way. Your mom, bank transfer, some online cards etc. Has nothing to do with hard to find imo.. but the price could be steep.

Ofcourse, I make a plan, but still, its a fair amount more of a pain then usual.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 58
... I have a choice between buying an ENTIRE set up for a grand or these... so tempted to buy these :D and w8 a year to get an amp to power them xD 

still they are wonderful looking :O, and nice to hear they trump the D7000[nice to hear Azude trumps the D7000, as the D7k is discoutinued but HEY it has replacements so phew]

still.. man those are some beautiful cans! 

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #13 of 58
I have the LCD-3's and just grabbed a pair of DX1000's online.  I could compare the two and post some thoughts if anyone's still interested, but it might take a couple weeks, what with shipping and all.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #14 of 58
  I have the LCD-3's and just grabbed a pair of DX1000's online.  I could compare the two and post some thoughts if anyone's still interested, but it might take a couple weeks, what with shipping and all.

Please do, I have the JVC's and would out of interest like to hear a comparison with the LCD3's

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #15 of 58

I'd love to hear your comparisons as well.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back