“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Sep 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #304 of 634
Hi! just bought a pair of Beats by Dre Studio headphones. they are one of the best so I want to use them as they are meant to be used. My question is, how can I get the best possible sound quality since they are connected to my 4thGen iPod Nano? Not all my music in purchased from iTunes so not all my tracks are in high quality AAC. What should I be aware of when downloading mp3s and what is the best setup to do in my iPod? or other tips & tricks? Thanks!

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #305 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorchampion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! just bought a pair of Beats by Dre Studio headphones. they are one of the best so I want to use them as they are meant to be used. My question is, how can I get the best possible sound quality since they are connected to my 4thGen iPod Nano? Not all my music in purchased from iTunes so not all my tracks are in high quality AAC. What should I be aware of when downloading mp3s and what is the best setup to do in my iPod? or other tips & tricks? Thanks!

Don't use the iPod EQ, because it'll only distort the sound. Other than that, the only other tip is to buy better headphones if you want to hear the detail in your music.

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #306 of 634
better headphones?? I just spent a fortune on mine. still, I'm not an expert in headphones and acoustics. I was wondering what I can do to get the best out of the Studio Monsters. is there a difference between on equalizer off and equalizer on "flat" on my ipod?

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #307 of 634
Quote:

better headphones?? I just spent a fortune on mine. still, I'm not an expert in headphones and acoustics. I was wondering what I can do to get the best out of the Studio Monsters. is there a difference between on equalizer off and equalizer on "flat" on my ipod?

Money spent doesn't equal quality; the Beats are really quite overpriced. Most of what you pay for is marketing, not sound. The Beats are designed to be efficient, so amping isn't going to help that much. If anything, just getting quality, high-bit rate music is going to help the most.

Sep 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #308 of 634
Quote:

My advice to get the best sound out of your studio monsters is to sell them on ebay and buy a better headphone like the $34 JVC RX700...

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #309 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My advice to get the best sound out of your studio monsters is to sell them on ebay and buy a better headphone like the $34 JVC RX700...

Pwned?
darthsmile.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #312 of 634
Quote:

without selling them on e-bay or s**t lol. I'm serious here

We're the ones being serious here, not you. A lot of us know a ****load more about headphones than you do, and your best bet is to sell them and get some new ones. And just buy CDs and rip them in a high bitrate or lossless. What else do you want? A portable amp wont help as much as they already have one built in. They aren't supposed to be used out of anything but an ipod. They arent studio monitors at all, they're shiny. No professional would use these, except from adds in music videos that is. Though lady gaga bites the cable, they aren't great

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #313 of 634
Wow, guys, be nice to our new member! No need to berate him.

Motorchampion, if you ask a dozen people on head-fi what the best headphone is, you're going to get a dozen different answers. There is very, very rarely consensus here, with so many very active members. You best bet is to read through this thread, and you will get some good ideas.

I myself have never heard these headphones, but for sure if you have CD's, and you can rip them in very high bit rate or lossless, that will go a very long way in terms of giving you good sound. Really low-fi MP3's won't sound good through ANY headphone.

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #314 of 634
Somebody kill this thread already - getting tired of the wasted bandwith on such worthless headphones.

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #315 of 634
of course! that IS why I joined the forum because I'm no headphone master. that is why I wanted advice from people who really know what they are talking about. you must really hate me, Gbjerke.

anyway, I'm not gonna sell them or anything. the thing is, I know there is ALWAYS something better, and you aficionados know what that is. but I don't want to show off, I don't want to make a point, I don't want to do anything related to that in any way. I just wanted to know what was the best I could do, since I use the Monsters. I believe that for an amateur (me) they are really good. I read about them in magazines, but I already knew there were better headphones out there, cheaper or pricier. I'm not a DJ or anything. I want to have a pleasant audible experience on my way to university / trips etc. The "want factor" made me buy them. And the store even had a test bank where they had two sets of Studios and you could hear what they can do. As I said, I'm no acoustics expert, I have absolutely no idea what they were connected to, but GOD!!! they sounded like nothing else I heard before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back