xuelin ihifi780
Mar 5, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #107 of 275
yeah there's nothing wrong with warm. I play with a sax player and you hear it. I like natural sounding gear.If someone says if it's too warm then it's not accurate, I just laugh and ask myself if they've ever stepped out and listened to live music...

what's your gear nowadays waynes world?

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #108 of 275
yeah there's nothing wrong with warm. I play with a sax player and you hear it. I like natural sounding gear.If someone says if it's too warm then it's not accurate, I just laugh and ask myself if they've ever stepped out and listened to live music...

what's your gear nowadays @waynes world?

In the waynes world of sources:

- Thinkpad x220 laptop + Zuperdac (using foobar2000). I'm very satisfied with this, but that doesn't stop me from lusting after better dacs or dac/amps such as the Grace Design m9XX DAC/Amp which is on massdrop now for $499CN. But for me that's quite pricey, and when converted to CN it's closer to $700. So for now I continue being satisfied with my $75 zuperdac lol.

^edit: forgot to add the C&C BH amp into the above mix (or sometimes the E12 or C5, but usually the C&C BH)

- xuelin 770. Really love the SQ, but one of the output jacks is not working well, and it doesn't work with 4pole (ie mic) jacks, and I really don't like touch screens only. So it's not getting a lot of loving from me these days.

- xduoo x3. Enjoy the SQ well enough. Lots of buttons, so it's my "fall asleep listening to trance" DAP because I can easily spark it up again if required and adjust volume easily.

- Samsung S5 + Zuperdac (using UAPP). Love the SQ and ability to stream Tidal. But still a bit fiddly having it velcro'd to the back of my phone case (I'm really not much of a stacker) and it does drain the battery, so I'd eventually love a great sounding/streaming dap like the X5iii (again though, we're talking about spending at least $600CN for one, so I might be waiting for a while).

- Walnut V2. $25US. Love the power and sound (especially with jrc4558d opamp) and am somewhat addicted to it, in spite of not having a screen and needing to convert whatever flacs I want to listen to, to wav files. Pain in the butt... butt I love it lol

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #109 of 275
  The link to the latest firmware is not working again.  Anyone got a working link?

Try this, this link just worked for me:  http://jump2.bdimg.com/safecheck/index?url=x+Z5mMbGPAvVIlwZePSt0B3tEqEFWbC4tOatFxkC6cKAm1eI+WrISFxE5zWxJhjyeQmgrb9bjWJwZtfE7p5EjsFPvQHJlkq14u71+kua6lNWtx7Zswq7lYpMyWejkNp/dj2oeHoEzTI=

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #110 of 275
  Try this, this link just worked for me:  http://jump2.bdimg.com/safecheck/index?url=x+Z5mMbGPAvVIlwZePSt0B3tEqEFWbC4tOatFxkC6cKAm1eI+WrISFxE5zWxJhjyeQmgrb9bjWJwZtfE7p5EjsFPvQHJlkq14u71+kua6lNWtx7Zswq7lYpMyWejkNp/dj2oeHoEzTI=

Oh, thanks @jdog!  Link's working.  Gotta do the update now. : )

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #112 of 275
Need help guys, I can't seem to find how to play all tracks/songs on my 780 just the way I used to play music on my Ipod classic and other DAPs that I've tried. Anyone of you manage to play all songs on your device? Thanks.

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #113 of 275
  Need help guys, I can't seem to find how to play all tracks/songs on my 780 just the way I used to play music on my Ipod classic and other DAPs that I've tried. Anyone of you manage to play all songs on your device? Thanks.

Are you talking about songs only on your internal storage, or are you talking about songs on both the internal storage and a microsd card?  If you are looking at all songs or shuffle mode, the player is only going to list/play songs in the internal storage...  I don't use the shuffle option on my 780, but I understand there is a problem with the shuffle algorithm with current firmware, so songs on the internal memory are not being shuffled properly.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #114 of 275
  Are you talking about songs only on your internal storage, or are you talking about songs on both the internal storage and a microsd card?  If you are looking at all songs or shuffle mode, the player is only going to list/play songs in the internal storage...  I don't use the shuffle option on my 780, but I understand there is a problem with the shuffle algorithm with current firmware, so songs on the internal memory are not being shuffled properly.

all songs in my internal storage can be played and shuffled, however, on my sd card, I can only play them by folder which is quite frustrating. Hopefully it will be resolved on the next update.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #115 of 275
all songs in my internal storage can be played and shuffled, however, on my sd card, I can only play them by folder which is quite frustrating. Hopefully it will be resolved on the next update.

can it shuffle the song list on the sd card?

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #116 of 275
For anyone interested, MassDrop is offering the 780 for ~$85 if they can get 5 people to buy...  Shipping is an extra $3.50 to the US...  This is a reasonable price for this DAP, but I would still suggest that this is a better secondary DAP than a primary introductory DAP.  A rockbox'd 770C is a better choice in my opinion for a primary introductory DAP, if you want to choose from the Xuelin family....

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #117 of 275
  Well, all I can say is that all 780 units must not be the same...  Despite upgrading to the new firmware, my 780 does not retain memory for the last song played and my user equalizer does not exist... I am also unable to delete songs...  I'm not sure what the problem(s) is(are), but the same concerns have been expressed in the Chinese forums...  Anyway, in my opinion, the secret to good sound with the 780 is pairing it with more neutral or even bright sounding earphones...  Pairing it with warm earphones will give you too much bass and this comes across as muddy...  I do feel the 780 has better sound quality than the colorfly C3, and navigation of the 780 is simpler compared to the C3.

Do you mean it'll play from the beginning of a song everytime you start it, like Xduoo X3?!

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #120 of 275
Sweet mids :innocent:
17505228_1349226741838468_3372491462155044111_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back