xuelin ihifi780
Mar 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #91 of 275
darn it guys? is this a customizable as we're talking about now??? this might be a future replacement for my gen1 770... glad to know golov17 is a vocal fan of the Xuelin warm sound.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #93 of 275

That's a pity. I guess navigating songs folders via a small screen is no joy ( I have the colorfly c3 which has small screen as well).
So would you enjoy using this DAP or Shanling M2 more? Would you think ihifi780 can hold up against M2 when comparing sound? Thanks. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #94 of 275
That's a pity. I guess navigating songs folders via a small screen is no joy ( I have the colorfly c3 which has small screen as well).
So would you enjoy using this DAP or Shanling M2 more? Would you think ihifi780 can hold up against M2 when comparing sound? Thanks. 

what's your pairing gonna be like?
From what I've read, this closer to the previous 770 in terms of dac+amp.

m2 last time I got to try was next level resolution (more vivid vs warm romantic sound). I just wished that the M2 provided more width...I hence why I bought a Shanling M3 instead.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #95 of 275
what's your pairing gonna be like?
From what I've read, this closer to the previous 770 in terms of dac+amp.

m2 last time I got to try was next level resolution (more vivid vs warm romantic sound). I just wished that the M2 provided more width...I hence why I bought a Shanling M3 instead.

Nothing specific. I do have a few different IEMs (DN2000, A83, Shozy zero, GR07BE, FAD Heaven IV, MEE P1...) to try for pairing. I mainly have a passion for small light weight good sounding DAPs. As such, ihifi780 interest me.

I have the Shanling M3 too. Had also wanted to add M2 to my collection, but didn't like what I was hearing then when I briefly auditioned it. M2 didn't sound close to or like M3. I think the M2 sound reminded me of Fiio X3ii, which I didn't enjoy and sold off.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #96 of 275
m2 much (ton) better :mask:
For my taste, IMHO
though and on the bright side..

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #97 of 275
m2 much (ton) better :mask:
For my taste, IMHO
though and on the bright side..

Wow...I guess picking on M2 would be a wrong fight. :D
Thanks for your opinion. :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #98 of 275
I had/have the dn2000. paired quite well with the Ihifi 770. Bought the Alo Rx and yeah it was beautiful lol.

If you save a bit, maybe you can go bonkers on the M5 instead lol.

I didn't like the pairing between the M2 and Dn2000. The Dunu hybrid sounded off :\ I suspected it was an impedance mismatch.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #99 of 275
golov17 is right, because the M2 is like a mile ahead when it comes to resolution. M2 is a tricky match though...from my experience they worked insanely well with the FLC8s and the jvc fx750... those were melt your face awesome pairings with the M2.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #101 of 275
Well, all I can say is that all 780 units must not be the same...  Despite upgrading to the new firmware, my 780 does not retain memory for the last song played and my user equalizer does not exist... I am also unable to delete songs...  I'm not sure what the problem(s) is(are), but the same concerns have been expressed in the Chinese forums...  Anyway, in my opinion, the secret to good sound with the 780 is pairing it with more neutral or even bright sounding earphones...  Pairing it with warm earphones will give you too much bass and this comes across as muddy...  I do feel the 780 has better sound quality than the colorfly C3, and navigation of the 780 is simpler compared to the C3.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #102 of 275
Well, all I can say is that all 780 units must not be the same...  Despite upgrading to the new firmware, my 780 does not retain memory for the last song played and my user equalizer does not exist... I am also unable to delete songs...  I'm not sure what the problem(s) is(are), but the same concerns have been expressed in the Chinese forums...  Anyway, in my opinion, the secret to good sound with the 780 is pairing it with more neutral or even bright sounding earphones...  Pairing it with warm earphones will give you too much bass and this comes across as muddy...  I do feel the 780 has better sound quality than the colorfly C3, and navigation of the 780 is simpler compared to the C3.

even slightly darker than 770? :s

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #103 of 275
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #105 of 275
770 lies on the warmer side of the spectrum. not neutral. Shanling M3 sounds more neutral for example.

Huh - I think I must prefer that warmer side then. But not too warm (for instance, I find my Fiio E12 amp to venture a bit far that way for my preferences, although it works well with brighter gear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back