Ultrasone Signature DJ
Mar 6, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,506 of 2,701
It's funny that being almost 4 years old this is still one of the best closed backs that you can get any no matter the cost.

The only closed back that really poses a new thing is meze in general , especially after equalization.

I really want a SIG dj , and I'm even more curious how they compare.

SIG dj will still be one of the most interesting closed backs for a long time though.

Really wish I could get to hear a pair for a longer time, man.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #2,509 of 2,701
  Anyone compared Ultrasone Signature DJ to Meze 99?

Not directly. 

I compared DJ1P to 99C 

Which do you have? 
biggrin.gif

Overall, DJ1P has more extension both ways, larger soundstage. 

99C has considerably better textures, considerably better mids and considerably better transients. 

Better here means that the textures are better defined, mids are much better defined / guitars sound better due to textures and transients means that the transients are faster, much more spot-on. 

After having a 99C with me, I didn't really use DJ1P anymore. Like,... at all. It's either 99C or ie800. 

Sig Dj is better than Dj1P though, but since I don't have one and they are somewhat close, some of those statements would work both ways. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,511 of 2,701
I owned a 99C and just ordered a SiG DJ.

SIG DJ being at least 3,5X pricier than DJ1P (here in France), I doubt these have something in common regarding performance...

Oh, I tested both side by side... 

Dj1P and Sig Dj do share many similarities. I didn't test them in depth enough to approximate the levels of textures and such, but I did test both and side by side. 

At any rate, the first thing you will notice is the different signature. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,516 of 2,701

I guess they've finally been discontinued.

Just got an email from Moon Audio $ 759.99 while they last.

I'm almost tempted to pull the trigger and get another pair.

Best closed back headphones I have ever heard.

Mar 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #2,519 of 2,701
Been a while since I've posted on here, but in case anyone is curious I have had the signature djs for 3 or so years and the fostex th900s for about a year and a half.

Right now you can get a th900 for around the same price as the djs, and all I have to say is that if portability and sound isolation arent 100% necessary then get the th900s. They sound better, lol. If the th900s sound quality is a 10, a sig dj would be a 6.5.

Granted, I do enjoy the sound signature of the djs a bit more. The djs have pretty much the perfect sound sig for me - compared to the th900s they have less treble and a bit more midbass.

Keep in mind I still am driving both hps unamped, and considering the difference in sensitivity I imagine the th900s still have a ways to go as far as sq.

Besides that though, the th900s just sound better. The clarity is insane, the soundstage is massive, and everything just sounds more real to me. The sub bass has a very visceral, textured sound that I just love. Can't even compare the instrument seperation. Not to mention that these are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Anyways, just thought I'd pop in and give my two cents, the djs are still great and worth the money if you really need sound isolation and portability, and the soun signature is perfect to my ears, but the th900s just sound like another level of headphones to me.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,520 of 2,701
Been a while since I've posted on here, but in case anyone is curious I have had the signature djs for 3 or so years and the fostex th900s for about a year and a half.

Right now you can get a th900 for around the same price as the djs, and all I have to say is that if portability and sound isolation arent 100% necessary then get the th900s. They sound better, lol. If the th900s sound quality is a 10, a sig dj would be a 6.5.

Granted, I do enjoy the sound signature of the djs a bit more. The djs have pretty much the perfect sound sig for me - compared to the th900s they have less treble and a bit more midbass.

Keep in mind I still am driving both hps unamped, and considering the difference in sensitivity I imagine the th900s still have a ways to go as far as sq.

Besides that though, the th900s just sound better. The clarity is insane, the soundstage is massive, and everything just sounds more real to me. The sub bass has a very visceral, textured sound that I just love. Can't even compare the instrument seperation. Not to mention that these are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Anyways, just thought I'd pop in and give my two cents, the djs are still great and worth the money if you really need sound isolation and portability, and the soun signature is perfect to my ears, but the th900s just sound like another level of headphones to me.

Cool impressions! 

Now you made me interested in them! 

You should also try PM-1 if you have the chance. They also sound quite good! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back