Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
May 25, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,801 of 2,949
Hmm, that's no good :/ I might end up not getting the hunters after all and go for the campfire andromeda. From what I have been seeing in this thread, it doesn't exactly sound like they're the pinnacle of sound quality. That is what I was basically going for, and if I need to wait a bit longer to save up some more money to comfortably purchase 1100 dollar earphones, then so be it.
To be fair, you're asking for pinnacle of sound for literally half the price of the TOTL offerings from other companies. You have to understand that there is a compromise to be made in the sense that if you make something with the multiple tunings like Trinity products, you can't do the same as something like the other companies; because they're tuning a single sound signature, they can tweak the hell out of it to make it exactly as they want at the highest end. Trinity's gotta tune in a way that matches multiple sound signatures, which will naturally make it way harder to match the same level of fidelity. As the old saying goes, "jack of all trades, master of none". Which in this case of business, can actually work out to a very good advantage. The lower pricing structure and the multiple sound signature tunings all move towards capturing a larger audience, not to mention that the majority of portable audio expenditures are probably under $500 anyway so anything higher becomes more of a niche development rather than something more profit-generating. There are multiple ways to go about the business quality/balance act and this is the way Trinity Audio has done it.

May 26, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #1,803 of 2,949
To be fair, you're asking for pinnacle of sound for literally half the price of the TOTL offerings from other companies. You have to understand that there is a compromise to be made in the sense that if you make something with the multiple tunings like Trinity products, you can't do the same as something like the other companies; because they're tuning a single sound signature, they can tweak the hell out of it to make it exactly as they want at the highest end. Trinity's gotta tune in a way that matches multiple sound signatures, which will naturally make it way harder to match the same level of fidelity. As the old saying goes, "jack of all trades, master of none". Which in this case of business, can actually work out to a very good advantage. The lower pricing structure and the multiple sound signature tunings all move towards capturing a larger audience, not to mention that the majority of portable audio expenditures are probably under $500 anyway so anything higher becomes more of a niche development rather than something more profit-generating. There are multiple ways to go about the business quality/balance act and this is the way Trinity Audio has done it.
Yeah, it would be nice if the hunters would just work for me, but obviously I have no way of knowing. It would be a huuuuge plunge for me to get the campfire andromeda, but I would save up for it so I can comfortably get them, because having good equipment to listen to music on means that much to me. It's hard to deliberate on. Part of me wants to get the Andromeda and the Hunter, but that would be basically all the money I have for extravagances for the next month. Fortunately I have been saving up a lot of buffer lately though, but still, ugh. It's hard to choose.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,804 of 2,949
What I don't understand is why everyone is emailing Jake about EVERYTHING! He's there for standard customer service type issues -- the kind: this is broken, missing, not working. It's the "enquiry" email that should be used for "cancelling" or "when will mine ship". Jake likely has no idea when anything will really ship and is just repeating what he was told to say.

May 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #1,805 of 2,949
What I don't understand is why everyone is emailing Jake about EVERYTHING! He's there for standard customer service type issues -- the kind: this is broken, missing, not working. It's the "enquiry" email that should be used for "cancelling" or "when will mine ship". Jake likely has no idea when anything will really ship and is just repeating what he was told to say.
then maybe he should have been told to say that instead of 'next week'.

May 26, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #1,806 of 2,949
The Trinity Audio contact page does say "
For all general enquiries please email ONE of the following, emails sent to the incorrect person could result in a long delay in a reply.
For all UK and European enquiries please email: jake@trinityaudioengineering.com
For the rest of the world please email: kieran@trinityaudioengineering.com
Doesn't mention enquiry@, so it's not surprising that people will automatically email Jake (and now Kieran)

May 26, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #1,807 of 2,949
Yeah, it would be nice if the hunters would just work for me, but obviously I have no way of knowing. It would be a huuuuge plunge for me to get the campfire andromeda, but I would save up for it so I can comfortably get them, because having good equipment to listen to music on means that much to me. It's hard to deliberate on. Part of me wants to get the Andromeda and the Hunter, but that would be basically all the money I have for extravagances for the next month. Fortunately I have been saving up a lot of buffer lately though, but still, ugh. It's hard to choose.
You get a chance to demo the Andromeda anywhere near you yet are are you also just hoping the Andromeda would fit your preferences? Cuz I wish I had somewhere nearby to try it. The only place I know of even remotely near me is 3 hours away and I'm not entirely sure they'd have it available for demo. I'd expect they would since the last time I was there (also the first time I ever went there), they had a Noble K10U Aluminum and Shure SE846 there. And I know they sell Campfire Audio stuff because they had a Nova there as well. If you get a chance to demo first, definitely do it. Heck, maybe someone here who ordered a Hunter lives kinda close to you.

May 26, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #1,808 of 2,949

In case it helps: I canceled PM6 and got CA Lyra II from Massdrop. They were 500$ (700$ retail). After a few weeks I have to say well worth the money for me.

They are indeed intricately tuned. I don't miss anything and they keep growing on me every day.

I am not sure that the TOTL of CA are that much better still as one reviewer pointed out that from this price points it's mere nuances.

You must decide for yourself. I however believe you can't go wrong with Campfire A. soundwise!

May 26, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #1,809 of 2,949
12 (!) days ago i was promised a refund for my hunter order , i'm still waiting ! :triportsad:
Anybody else had to wait this long for a refund ?
I'm done with Trinity , even if the hunter shows up at my door "by accident " i will sell it BNIB with seal intact just like my Master and Vyrus 2 just to recover the PayPal costs.
Same here. I am waiting 12 business days now (first email on 8th May, so a week before the no-refund-anymore-update / again-30%-fee-update), I emailed Jake 3 times and everything I get is "we will solve this", but nothing yet.
My emails to the enquiry-mail got totally ignored... Not a single answer to these ones
.i received my refunded amount for Hunters after about 45 days from the date of cancellation of order ( it is a long story how much I send emails, conversations and how much I get frustration) so you guys don't worry and keep waiting with patience one day you will receive your refunds, , , ,

May 27, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,812 of 2,949
I don't disagree with this assessment.
But the comment was made that Hunter would sound as good as £1000 IEM by the creator earlier in the thread

May 27, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,813 of 2,949
I'm not sure what the process is when creating a tunable IEM.
I would expect you pick a base set of filters and optimize the sound signature there. Then create filters that will adjust low-end, high-end and a combination.
That would be my best guess but I admit I'm completely ignorant on that

May 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,815 of 2,949
I don't disagree with this assessment.
But the comment was made that Hunter would sound as good as £1000 IEM by the creator earlier in the thread

It seem to me that the questions about very high end audio seem to be very much about personal preferences.
So I would be little surprised if the creator of a very high end IEM would not feel that it could compete with the absolute best.
Also Brooko (who to me seem to be rather honest and competent) seemed to think that Hunter compete in same league as Sirius, which is 900$ IEM.
Jackpot77 (who to me again seem to rather level headed and competent) compared Hunter to an IEM also in 1000$ category. I don't think that either of them said that it beats or kills or is as good, but I think it sounded that Hunter could compete fairly with these very expensive IEM's. Of course I don't have Hunter or any 1000 dollar IEM so my opinion is probably not to be taken very seriously. On the other hand I'm not sure how many of the peoples who have strong opinions do have.

One comparison in this thread was to a 500$ dollar isine 20, which by the writer was favourable (with some random filters on Hunter and in SQ) for isine20. However, isine20 is not really an IEM, but a mix between open headphone and IEM and these products are not really for the same purpose. This is also the reason why I'm not going to buy Icarus 4 despite the very tempting price. I have enough IEM's and I'm not sure if I can find IEM's of the same SQ as say HE400i with any money. BTW I curse this damn head fi and Trinity as well..I had strict moral limitations on how much I can spend on stuff which is meant for my own pleasure (computers are for work and bikes are for travel so these does not count :wink:), now there is only little pieces left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back