thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,823 of 4,190
Can anyone give me a brief impression of the Opus 1 vs the AR M20 and or X7? I'm in the field for a new DAP.

Others may disagree but i think the opus1 is better than the x7...it sounds more natural to me and more resolving.
The only thing I think the x7 beats it at is it has more body to the sound.
Just my 2 cents and as i said others may disagree.
I like the opus1 so much more I stopped using my x7 and i am now in the process of selling it.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,824 of 4,190
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #2,825 of 4,190
Jul 28, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #2,826 of 4,190
Guys/gals, nobody is changing the output power spec going from #1 to #1metal, they are just replacing one $0.25 opamp with another one which might change the sound tonality, and using a more expensive metal case which suppose to provide a better ground, shielding, emi isolation, etc. The cost difference is because you are going from a plastic case to all metal, and CNC machined dap body costs a lot more money, one of the reasons while Opus#3 is all metal but the back panel is plastic to save on cost.

You will not get a better price than $299 for opus#1 from massdrop, but keep in mind for that price you are NOT getting the otherwise included Dignis leather case. If you are planning to use #1 at home and not dragging it around too much, it's OK and you can save money. Otherwise, it's worth getting it directly from musicteck with a leather case, though you are paying additional money for a leather case. With a metal version of Opus#1, for $440 from MD you are getting leather case as well.

You gotta compare apples to apples. It's $359 Opus#1 (regular with leather case from Musicteck store directly) vs $440 Opus#1 Metal (from MassDrop, with leather case included). So, if you do want to protect your DAP and need leather case (it's a high quality genuine Dignis leather case), than we are talking about $80 difference for an all metal body and finetuning of tonality. You are not futureproofing anything or getting more power. Just getting a higher build quality model with some possible sound improvement (can't comment on it since I never compared both).

If it does actually provide better EMI protection that's not too bad for an upgrade for people in urban areas lol... standard #1 is definitely a little sensitive to that stuff, though for my IEMs at least it only really audible during very quiet passages in music... I should try lining my leather case with aluminum foil or copper tape or something :grimacing:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #2,827 of 4,190
Hi. I know this is a bit off topic so please forgive me. How much useable space would be on a 256 gb micro sd card roughly for when I order my Opus 1 metal and new micro sd cards? I will be getting Sandisk from B&H Photo or Adorama.

Thank you kindly

Riley

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #2,830 of 4,190
Hey all. I succumbed and ordered Opus 1 ABS plastic DAP for same day delivery. Its coming today.

I couldn't make up my mind between opus 1 metal and Questyle Q1PR.

I ended wanting to save money and bought "lesser ABS Opus1"
Twas too late when I made up my mind.

:p oh well. Im gonna be touching leather anyways and keep it away from my phone and other peoples phones from EMI.

Gonna pour rest of my moneys towards CA Andromeda.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,831 of 4,190
Awesome. I look forward to your impressions.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #2,833 of 4,190
Congratulation, pair it with IT03 and you're good to go.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,835 of 4,190
Where can I find the Opus #1 leather case?
Amazon for me, was a combo, I believe Musictek does it too

Edit: OMG. I applied a screen protector on top of screen protector The Bit applied for me already.

DOH :p

All good! Removed. It's a spare Protector for the back??? but the case would... nvm,

Loading up my tunes now on a SD card.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back