The Audio Lounge
Jul 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #211 of 36,151
I don't know if BT5 is going to be everything you're hoping for. Read THIS.

Thanks for the extra info OldDude04. Bluetooth still sucks. Lowest quality I listen to is cd. Bluetooth is worse than that. I have over 300 albums in hi res.

The slap in the face is Flare touts their great sounding balanced output on the Bluetooth dongle, then forces inferior sounding wired single ended use. On an IEM that is supposed to be Pro. Pro isn't about convenience, it is about performance. Like putting balloon tires on a Ferrari because he ride softer.

There were supposed to be 3 new Flare IEM models. That was cut to one. Believe the Isolates were so easy to make and sold in such high quanities, Flare has lost most of their enthusiam for IEMs.

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #212 of 36,151
I don't know if BT5 is going to be everything you're hoping for. Read THIS.

You are right! Bluetooth will never equal data speeds of wires... WIFI can do that, but takes a lot more power...

- We only need 1.411 Mbps of the 6.2 Mbps in Bluetooth 5.x for CD WAV quality, And all my 16/44 flac files are under 1.0Mbps, some under 0.7Mbps... So there is a chance...

Anyway, time will tell. In the mean time, wires are fine, and for real audiophiles will be for a while.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #213 of 36,151
You are right! Bluetooth will never equal data speeds of wires... WIFI can do that, but takes a lot more power...

- We only need 1.411 Mbps of the 6.2 Mbps in Bluetooth 5.x for CD WAV quality, And all my 16/44 flac files are under 1.0Mbps, some under 0.7Mbps... So there is a chance...

Anyway, time will tell. In the mean time, wires are fine, and for real audiophiles will be for a while.
My only argument here is that sometimes, I don't need to be an audiophile. Some days, I'll choose ergonomics over absolute sound quality as long as it sounds good enough :D. I'm a bad person :p

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #214 of 36,151
My only argument here is that sometimes, I don't need to be an audiophile. Some days, I'll choose ergonomics over absolute sound quality as long as it sounds good enough :D. I'm a bad person :p
hey you aren't alone. omg I looked at Shozy Alien+ there's a lot of people saying it's the best sounding DAP in there.

But it's like Pre-Cambrian Age. I thought Aune M1S was Cambrian age was funny.
Alien+ don't even support track titles or Album information. It's filename.flac/wav/mp3 and folder name. khz. nothing else. NOTHING. I mean none.

You are just to turn off the device and leave it in your pocket.

WIth Aune M1S at least I can recognize ok, this is the artist and album. But even this isn't a good complaint. I'm a terrible audiophile. I'm not even an audiophile anymore I guess hahahaha :p

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #216 of 36,151
Hey, I'm a bad audiophile just like y'all. Earlier tonight I posted in the Fidelio X2 thread that I prefer the X2 over the HD600/650 and find them boring. :astonished: That is almost a capital offense to some audiophiles, lol.
How are you still alive? I would think you were be murdered in cold blood by now :p!!!
amazing feat lol

The lynch mob is approaching!!!

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #218 of 36,151
Thanks for the extra info OldDude04. Bluetooth still sucks. Lowest quality I listen to is cd. Bluetooth is worse than that. I have over 300 albums in hi res.

The slap in the face is Flare touts their great sounding balanced output on the Bluetooth dongle, then forces inferior sounding wired single ended use. On an IEM that is supposed to be Pro. Pro isn't about convenience, it is about performance. Like putting balloon tires on a Ferrari because he ride softer.

There were supposed to be 3 new Flare IEM models. That was cut to one. Believe the Isolates were so easy to make and sold in such high quanities, Flare has lost most of their enthusiam for IEMs.

I get your point and as I said im no fan of Bluetooth and probably wouldn't use the dongle, but most iems around this price point don't come balanced just standard 3.5mm...and i have even listened to some iems , the master being one of them where balanced isn't an amazing difference....i do think the flares might be over priced especially if not interested in the Bluetooth and i am still considering options as I will definitely not be using the Bluetooth, the reason they are still in the game for me is some of the comparisons to other iems one review reckons better than isine 20 (I love a planar) which I know are a lot more expensive so equally on sound quality they might not be overpriced ....also on the thread a lot are saying there better than most iems they own which also tjw321 feels and owns a lot of trinity iems.
I'm still considering as I said im a majority/ popular consensus buyer , brooko may give an amazing review but it doesn't stack up to a lot more quantity of lesser reviews for me, no offence to brooko I still appreciate his reviews.
Also im open to other suggestions, anything under £500 as I break iems a lot! Lol, one thing I do feel is the under £500 iem market is realy close, you can buy £100 iems that sound nearly if not better than some at £500 and as a result i feel most nearer the top end of this price bracket are over priced.
So any other suggestions considered also.

Im Also considering the one more quads, they may not be as neutral or as good as the flares but we're recommended to me and also getting attention , and the added bonus there cheaper which means if ( i hope I don't break anymore) i break not such a loss, the ergonomics on them may not be ideal for my ears though but hey they can't be bigger than the master.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #219 of 36,151
Considering you guys are on the topic of Bluetooth: https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/?v=3e8d115eb4b3 - These guys actually had a crowdfunding going for their device. I've actually demo'ed one during a Montreal Audio conference and it looks pretty promising. They use APT-X HD protocol + Amp features built into the device. I have two on order which I'm waiting after... They should start shipping to backers in August.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #221 of 36,151
Not sure what happened but I was disappointed it wasn't there. What really got me bothered was the lack of response by iFi's support team. I love their products as I have the Pro series as well as the iDSD BL and they are all outstanding. The iDSD BL drives all of my cans. It really is a miniature Pro iCan minus the last minute resolution, details and clarity that the Pro series has.

Considering you guys are on the topic of Bluetooth: https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/?v=3e8d115eb4b3 - These guys actually had a crowdfunding going for their device. I've actually demo'ed one during a Montreal Audio conference and it looks pretty promising. They use APT-X HD protocol + Amp features built into the device. I have two on order which I'm waiting after... They should start shipping to backers in August.

I think I'm out of pre order for a while lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back