Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #571 of 694
Some reports said it work with OTG. But reading USB-C standards or lack of it on most cables and adaptors I am scared. Hopefully will get a USB-IF certified adaptor and try. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that your phone had USB C. It's my understanding that USB C is always able to output audio. Please try to double check this first though sine I'm not 100% sure.

May 16, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #572 of 694
Can I ask you for service manual? Windows can not find my Centrance Slim.
The device is warm when i plug it to PC, i can still hear the sound from speakers like "push" when i try to connect to PC but the driver says that there is no device in system.

May 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #573 of 694
You have to go on the centrance website and request a driver, they will email you a link to download it.

Jun 4, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #575 of 694
Don't know if this has been posted before.

Fairly comprehensive breakdown of how the device works:

https://summivox.wordpress.com/2016...rance-dacport-slim-usb-dac-and-headphone-amp/

Pretty much sums up everything I like and dislike about this device.

----------------------

Never really could recommend the DACport to anyone for many reasons, but there are plenty of really good alternatives coming out that have very throughout reviews so people can judge for themselves if it is for them, such as this one:

http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2017/05/measurements-smsl-idea-usb-dac.html

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #576 of 694
Cool, I saw the SMSL writeup but didnt know about the dacport one.

Not like it affects me much anymore since I went full schiit.

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #578 of 694
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #580 of 694
Well, no matter what any NwAwguy fanboy comes to in his/her pre determined "breakdown" I'm still loving this device. Listening to the HD800S from it right now and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I still can't fault this sub $100 device when used with full size cans. Great sound, great power, small footprint and physical volume control. Although I've got loads of much more expensive equipment this little gem never disappoint me.....

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #581 of 694
Well, no matter what any NwAwguy fanboy comes to in his/her pre determined "breakdown" I'm still loving this device. Listening to the HD800S from it right now and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I still can't fault this sub $100 device when used with full size cans. Great sound, great power, small footprint and physical volume control. Although I've got loads of much more expensive equipment this little gem never disappoint me.....
I am pairing it Matrix HPA amp to get better lower end, the combination makes it even better.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #582 of 694
Stupid question. Should this work with a Onkyo DP-X1A? I don't get the "Allow X app to access this USB device" popup and the DACport slim just makes a tapping noise. :rage: :sleeping:
It works great with my Samsung phone.:alien:

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #585 of 694
The CEntrance has AK4490 in it.

Anyway, I solved my issue. I needed an OTG Y cable for it to work with the DPX1A and external power.

Told ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back