Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Jan 26, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #556 of 694
Well, Fulla 2 + Magni 2 for me.

Compared to the DACport Slim the Magni 2 sounds a bit more "filled out" on my HD 6XX.  Subbass and other bass regions are either more apparent or sound tighter/less sloppy.  Soundstage seems a tad bit wider.

Honestly, the DACport Slim sounds good.  The Fulla 2 + Magni 2 sound a little bit better and are great.  What I really like about the Fulla 2 + Magni 2 setup is that I no longer have an audible noise floor.

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #557 of 694
Well, Fulla 2 + Magni 2 for me.

Compared to the DACport Slim the Magni 2 sounds a bit more "filled out" on my HD 6XX.  Subbass and other bass regions are either more apparent or sound tighter/less sloppy.  Soundstage seems a tad bit wider.

Honestly, the DACport Slim sounds good.  The Fulla 2 + Magni 2 sound a little bit better and are great.  What I really like about the Fulla 2 + Magni 2 setup is that I no longer have an audible noise floor.

I'm the future, whenever I need honest feedback on if there is an audible noise floor on something, I'll listen to you over anyone else lol.

XD

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #558 of 694
I'm the future, whenever I need honest feedback on if there is an audible noise floor on something, I'll listen to you over anyone else lol.

XD

I'm a picky perfectionist.  What can ya do.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #559 of 694
It's been a while...just logged in to say in $100-150 price range CE Slim has become my benchmark. If it had more defined and extended bass it would beat anything under $200. Not that it's a slouch but more balanced than fun. Even if I want  I don't want to sell it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #560 of 694
I guess I must be losing it.... I ponied up for the drop @ $99. How could it be bad? Through my ER4Ps, HD650s and LCD3s I struggle to get ANY low end. The ER4P is known to be very neutral with extremely articulate bass, so I expected that but, compared to what I hear with any of those transducers coupled to my Burson HA160D, Grommes driven by a HiFi Berry Dac+, my HT503 amp hat or even just my PC, they are thin with no distinguishable low end and are, simply, not listenable. Even with EQ, which I never use, I could not get anything near close to something I could listen to for more than a few minutes. Anyone have any clues? I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #562 of 694
I'm planning to use the slim with a Pioneer XDP-300R and a Galaxy S7. How is the battery consumption? Would the Shanling Up be better?

I've got no idea about the Up but the Slim drains the phone battery very quickly.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #563 of 694
  I'm planning to use the slim with a Pioneer XDP-300R and a Galaxy S7. How is the battery consumption? Would the Shanling Up be better?

I've got no idea about the Up but the Slim drains the phone battery very quickly.

Since the slim is a Class A device I would imagine that it drains batteries with a vengeance. I used to use a Fiio E18 and it did not seem to effect battery life much at all since it has it's own internal battery and I really enjoyed the sound and the bass boost option, especially on flights since they seem to steal the bass from my PM-3's.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #564 of 694
Since the slim is a Class A device I would imagine that it drains batteries with a vengeance. I used to use a Fiio E18 and it did not seem to effect battery life much at all since it has it's own internal battery and I really enjoyed the sound and the bass boost option, especially on flights since they seem to steal the bass from my PM-3's.

Yeah, for portable usage I'd also strongly recommend a device with internal battery.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #565 of 694
Centrance makes two products with built-in batteries: The Dacportable (i have and it's great) and the DAC Blue. You can use the slim with a usb splitter and connected to a small battery charging both products.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #567 of 694
I was wondering whether an external DAC works or not if the phone doesn't have OTG functionality? Btw, the phone in question is Lenovo Z plus 2(incredibility bad sounding).

No, unfortunately USB audio output needs OTG so it won't work.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #569 of 694
Apr 24, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #570 of 694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back