flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 27, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,261 of 39,414
Thxs and wheres the New Posts located ?

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #1,263 of 39,414
I finally figured out I couldn't post in Chrome, so I dusted off Safari. Is there a button to get to subscriptions or just that link?

Apparently all the reviewers had to sacrifice half of their reviews to the gods. I don't really care because my earlier work sucks and I only had 26 of them or so, but my heart goes out to all the reviewers that had 100+ reviews out there. Hope for them it's just an error.

But as the update post said, we would all understand it after we see it. More adds everywhere!

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #1,264 of 39,414
I finally figured out I couldn't post in Chrome, so I dusted off Safari. Is there a button to get to subscriptions or just that link?
Under "account alerts" there is a button for "watched threads", is that what you are looking for?

Apparently all the reviewers had to sacrifice half of their reviews to the gods. I don't really care because my earlier work sucks and I only had 26 of them or so, but my heart goes out to all the reviewers that had 100+ reviews out there. Hope for them it's just an error.
That is really bad, quite unforgivable. People put so much work in those and for some it is part of their portfolio that they have now lost.

But as the update post said, we would all understand it after we see it. More adds everywhere!
A bit less emphasis on the sponsors and a bit more consideration for the community and the work they do (often for free and for the benefit of the sponsors) would be in order.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #1,266 of 39,414

Very disheartening. I work long hours no reviews and by that I mean minimum 20+ hours per serious review of actual work time. I've discovered you can't view reviews anymore from you profile but if you search your username on google: ike1985 head-fi reviews | then you'll find them all. I'm considering backing all mine up at this point. I worked too hard.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,267 of 39,414
Free work or more like doing something to keep yourself interested. You did it cause you enjoyed doing it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,268 of 39,414
Are Chrome and Safari warning anyone to stay away from this site, because it's unsecured, having issues with security certificate or it could be pray for easy hack attacks? Something went really bad with the new update. Like the modern look, but like w/ all tech, if it's too hard to figure out, it might not have been well thought of. Having a hard time finding threads.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,269 of 39,414
Free work or more like doing something to keep yourself interested. You did it cause you enjoyed doing it.

I love doing reviews, it ticks all my boxes; music, technology, intricacy, detail, assisting in product development, giving back to the community and going deep on something(focusing/mastering), etc.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,271 of 39,414
I love doing reviews, it ticks all my boxes; music, technology, intricacy, detail, assisting in product development, giving back to the community and going deep on something(focusing/mastering), etc.
I only did one as a sort of trial, but I really loved it for quite similar reasons. I love music and am a bit of a gear head, but mostly I love looking at things in minute detail and analysing them. It is a bit like doing academic research, but with a better tune to it. ; ) For instance, I don't just listen to classical music, I study its history and want to understand the idea behind a piece such as Beethoven's Eroica that was meant to celebrate Napoleon, but Beethoven scratched his name after the pompous git named himself "emperor". I then try to read the emotion in the music, which also helps to analyse technical aspects such as separation and how accurate/natural the instruments are reproduced. Really interesting and good fun!

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,272 of 39,414
Not the right thread to post this but this is the first thread I come to on my way back.

The revamped site is one big mess...no warning to anyone so the guys could backed up their work and the entire colourful interface looked downright messy and slow to load. While I won't say it absolutely sucked but I'm not far away from that.

Back on topic...keep up the good work and I looked forward to each and everyone of your reviews

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,273 of 39,414
Not the right thread to post this but this is the first thread I come to on my way back.

The revamped site is one big mess...no warning to anyone so the guys could backed up their work and the entire colourful interface looked downright messy and slow to load. While I won't say it absolutely sucked but I'm not far away from that.

Back on topic...keep up the good work and I looked forward to each and everyone of your reviews

To everyone freaking out about their reviews being gone, if you google the review you can see it's still there. It's just not linking to the profile correctly.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #1,274 of 39,414
Hey Nic, I just realized you published 8.2 review. I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately lol. Thanks, much appreciated!

PS: No we don't have Nic's picture hung as the dart board, he never sent us one :upside_down::beerchug::laughing::laughing:
Hi Piotr thanks for the courteous reply, I'm not sure everyone would take it that well. Like Alex said; I tried try to include the best to start with, and the 8.2 is surely one of them.

I'll make sure to send that pic just in case!

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #1,275 of 39,414
To everyone freaking out about their reviews being gone, if you google the review you can see it's still there. It's just not linking to the profile correctly.

Reviews are there, but if there are multiple reviews under the same product, they all get bunched up together in one review thread, instead of individual review links. Hopefully that will get fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back