flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #1,246 of 39,414
What do "pressure related issues" feel like? I wonder if I have them and are misattributing my issues to a bad fit.
OCD causes a multitude of thinking.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #1,247 of 39,414
OCD causes a multitude of thinking.

You sound like my wife. You both might be right. But my "issues" at the moment aren't sound quality related. I don't yet have custom ITEM's. I have custom sleeves from Jomo. I'm planning on going custom. But these sleeves feel OK when I first insert them but after a half hour they are so uncomfortable I can't stand it anymore.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #1,248 of 39,414
You sound like my wife. You both might be right. But my "issues" at the moment aren't sound quality related. I don't yet have custom ITEM's. I have custom sleeves from Jomo. I'm planning on going custom. But these sleeves feel OK when I first insert them but after a half hour they are so uncomfortable I can't stand it anymore.
same thing can happen with a ciem.

Apr 25, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #1,249 of 39,414
What do "pressure related issues" feel like? I wonder if I have them and are misattributing my issues to a bad fit.

I first thought I might have a fit issue because after half an hour or so it felt like my left earpiece was moving in such a way that the openings were being partially blocked (loss of detail and soundstage). I could push the earpiece and get the clarity back, but would soon feel like it was "sinking" away. Eventually I noticed that this feeling stayed that way after I took my IEMs out. My audiologist told me she could see how the eardrum was pushed slightly back against the bones behind it (she did have to look closely for it), which can also happen when travelling on a plane. It feels a bit like there is water in my ear or like when there is ringing in my ear, but without the ringing sound itself. I keep wanting it to go "pop" (yawning sometimes helps).

Because it is visible I highly recommend seeing an audiologist for a quick check if you feel something similar.

Mind you, I normally use my IEMs a lot, sometimes 10+ hours a day and that is a little excessive. Using them less has reduced the issues and so I am looking around to see what would be a good compliment to my Ei.3. IEMs with ADEL, headphones or possibly IEMs with an ambient vent like the Westone AM Pro series.  

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,250 of 39,414
I first thought I might have a fit issue because after half an hour or so it felt like my left earpiece was moving in such a way that the openings were being partially blocked (loss of detail and soundstage). I could push the earpiece and get the clarity back, but would soon feel like it was "sinking" away. Eventually I noticed that this feeling stayed that way after I took my IEMs out. My audiologist told me she could see how the eardrum was pushed slightly back against the bones behind it (she did have to look closely for it), which can also happen when travelling on a plane. It feels a bit like there is water in my ear or like when there is ringing in my ear, but without the ringing sound itself. I keep wanting it to go "pop" (yawning sometimes helps).

Because it is visible I highly recommend seeing an audiologist for a quick check if you feel something similar.

Mind you, I normally use my IEMs a lot, sometimes 10+ hours a day and that is a little excessive. Using them less has reduced the issues and so I am looking around to see what would be a good compliment to my Ei.3. IEMs with ADEL, headphones or possibly IEMs with an ambient vent like the Westone AM Pro series.  
Dont keep pushing your iem in.

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,254 of 39,414
Hey its back on !

Apr 26, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,256 of 39,414
This is how it was.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #1,257 of 39,414
What the hell happened?! Does anyone know how to subscribe to this now. Looks like all mine are gone!

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,259 of 39,414
Every "subscription" is back to page 1.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,260 of 39,414
Screen-Shot-2017-04-26-at-11.55.41-PM.png

Click the timestamp in the "Last Message" column to go to the most recent post.
Click the blue dot/circle to go to the first unread post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back