flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,036 of 39,414
There is a very variable frequency response in the adolescent... It can be flat in the mids, but go quite wild at the frequency extremes. Smooth would only be a description for those not sensitive to high and low frequencies (or those taking Prozac, which ameliorates the spikes-a highly recommended MOD) .

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,039 of 39,414
Hey guys, a quick update about the earphone. After pairing and trying them with several players, I found that this combo gives the perfect synergy with the KLM:

Although incompatible with the 'Non-stop crying baby behind me', this player can deliver sound with high flying colours. It takes off with a nice black background. The vocals are presented well with a captain-like authority. The mids feels a bit airy, and the treble slightly elevated, but all well-controlled. The bass can be really felt, as it rumbles throughout your body from time to time. In conclusion, this combo, is hands-down one of the best there is to pair with KLM.

there's this famous story that's making headlines apparently involving a man headbutting the arm rest in a desperate attempt to take the matching Dap back to his house for further impressions. public outcry ensued, and the man had to accosted out of the plane ride...

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,040 of 39,414
  I'm pretty sure that's a joke.

"
WARNING: People with neck and upper spine problems should not use this IEM.Any digestive issues may be problematic with this much low end. Too much smooth bass may cause pregnancy (or labor, if already pregnant). Do not be duped by claims more is better. Do not use in a crowded area as this IEM may cause hearing damage to those nearby.
"
lol

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,041 of 39,414
 " 1: Super Subsonic Bass
  2: Sub Bass
  3: Mid Bass
  4: Mo’ Bass™
  5: Treble
· Cross-feed Adjustable, Dual 4-pin Cables per side with Dual Differential Bass Attenuators
  - Terminated to 3-pin XLR (BIG BERTHA AMP™ COMING SOON)
  - Tune up to 25% of opposite channel into each ear, for up to 125% Adjustable Stereo Headroom     per ear
  - Results in Stereophonic, Holographic Pinpoint Smearing of the Stereo Image"
on now i want one

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #1,042 of 39,414
   " 1: Super Subsonic Bass
· Cross-feed Adjustable, Dual 4-pin Cables per side with Dual Differential Bass Attenuators
  - Terminated to 3-pin XLR (BIG BERTHA AMP™ COMING SOON)
  - Tune up to 25% of opposite channel into each ear, for up to 125% Adjustable Stereo Headroom     per ear
  - Results in Stereophonic, Holographic Pinpoint Smearing of the Stereo Image"
on now i want one

I was considering them but might not be enough bass imo. Also I am worried about too forward mids.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,044 of 39,414

I was considering them but might not be enough bass imo. Also I am worried about too forward mids.

no mids, only bass and treble, look at the specs,
1: Super Subsonic Bass

but who is listening to mids nowadays anyway

Still not enough bass

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #1,048 of 39,414
Sometimes I just YouTube bass test tracks for the rumble bcos who needs music anyway.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #1,049 of 39,414
  Sometimes I just YouTube bass test tracks for the rumble bcos who needs music anyway.

I know, right? Still, when you need some classic audiophile music, you can always listen to Nicki Minaj. It doesn't have so much bass but you'll feel like an intellectual and show everyone you have refined tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back