Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1
May 22, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,471 of 2,188
i'm not an attorney nor an engineer but i wouldn't pass judgement on the se-m1 based on an influential critic's review and without having heard it for myself. that looks highly unlikely for the foreseeable future unfortunately, so i'll continue to keep an open mind about it despite what the objective measurements indicate. i have heard the utopia however, and was very impressed by it. as for the measurements, well they also look very impressive to me with one notable exception that the manufacturer is investigating according to innerfidelity.

May 27, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,472 of 2,188
My final assertion/evaluation on the pioneer sem 1......she reveals nuances and the most delicate instrumentation otherwise hidden than any other headphone in my collection...
I say BOLDLY that she's worth EVERY penny and more.
Truly a masterpiece!!
Just for clarification, i own 95%of the audiophile referenced TOTL headphones on the market today minus staxes.

May 27, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,476 of 2,188
I think the Monitor5 comes out next week in Japan. I suppose there will be import sites that would allow shipping to the US. It looks really cool but not in the market now for closed as I pre-ordered the Aeon a couple of months ago. I might have waited had I known about the Monitor5. Comes with both velour and leather type pads too so you probably get slightly different sound signatures.

Hopefully marketing campaign and availability in US is better than what they did for the Master1. It's a shame the Master1 was not promoted properly.

May 27, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,477 of 2,188
I think the Monitor5 comes out next week in Japan. I suppose there will be import sites that would allow shipping to the US. It looks really cool but not in the market now for closed as I pre-ordered the Aeon a couple of months ago. I might have waited had I known about the Monitor5. Comes with both velour and leather type pads too so you probably get slightly different sound signatures.

Hopefully marketing campaign and availability in US is better than what they did for the Master1. It's a shame the Master1 was not promoted properly.
its usually hard for them since it costs so much and its easier and they will get more sales overseas.

May 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,479 of 2,188
PLEASE give some feedback on the Monitor5
While my main Can is the Utopia I am in need of a closed back. While I had the Z1R in house for a long demo twice - in the end they went back. I really liked them however there was perhaps a bit too much energy put out by those massive drivers. It was trapped due to the tight seal and created a touch of discomfort. I still might return to them as I need a closed back pair which does not leak and does not let in sound from the wives tv watching.

I have been waiting to see how these new Pioneers do

May 28, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #1,481 of 2,188
While my main Can is the Utopia I am in need of a closed back. While I had the Z1R in house for a long demo twice - in the end they went back. I really liked them however there was perhaps a bit too much energy put out by those massive drivers. It was trapped due to the tight seal and created a touch of discomfort. I still might return to them as I need a closed back pair which does not leak and does not let in sound from the wives tv watching.

Please look out for them at https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/pioneers-new-totl-closed-back-se-monitor-5-headphones.850957

May 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #1,482 of 2,188

I'd recommend trying the Aeon for a closed back.

May 28, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #1,483 of 2,188
Ok thank you - ah yes yet another thread
I will be on the lookout for some reviews
Curious to know if any US based sellers will stock these

Here is a left field question
Any comparisons or speculation between these new Pioneers, or the new Aeons

AND

B&W P7 wireless???

May 29, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #1,484 of 2,188
Ok thank you - ah yes yet another thread
I will be on the lookout for some reviews
Curious to know if any US based sellers will stock these

Here is a left field question
Any comparisons or speculation between these new Pioneers, or the new Aeons

AND

B&W P7 wireless???
The Aeons are made in the US.

May 29, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #1,485 of 2,188
Thanks however when I inquired about US retailers stocking I was referring to the new Pioneers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back