New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 15, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #303 of 2,616
So (hopefully) experienced people can help the company with finalization of GUI and tuning and then provide feedback to the community. Should be fairly obvious, no?

No, I completely agree. The devices weren't sent out for review necessarily, but for testing and eventually review later on. I still wish Hidizs would have done some more internal testing, but I'm looking forward to seeing improvements down the line. We have to take into account that things are very beta at present and that finished devices will be considerably cheaper than even the X5 III so comparisons aren't particularly fair per say. I definitely don't want a repeat of the AP60, I won't be releasing a detailed review until everything is functioning properly, I hope other reviewers can do the same.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #304 of 2,616
Dear All.

These first few prototype samples of Hidizs AP200 we sent out this time is only for picture shooting, unbox and testing bugs. All the software and firmware are not ready and still under development. Our enigneers are working day and night on this project, every internal firmware update solved a dozen of bugs and problems, So any comparisons now(including sound quality, UI and functions) between these prototype samples and other brands product are not practical. Please have patience to wait for our final review samples,

Thank you all for the understanding and supports.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #305 of 2,616
Dear All.

These first few prototype samples of Hidizs AP200 we sent out this time is only for picture shooting, unbox and testing bugs. All the software and firmware are not ready and still under development. Our enigneers are working day and night on this project, every internal firmware update solved a dozen of bugs and problems, So any comparisons now(including sound quality, UI and functions) between these prototype samples and other brands product are not practical. Please have patience to wait for our final review samples,

Looking forward to it!

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #306 of 2,616
Dear All.

So these samples have the final design and hardware? Only the software is to be polished?

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #307 of 2,616
Dear All.

Hopefully myself and the Samma3a team will also soon be able to check out the AP200

Jun 15, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #308 of 2,616
So these samples have the final design and hardware? Only the software is to be polished?

No I don't think you can make that assumption. This round of testing may reveal something that requires a hardware change, for instance if the WiFi shielding was not up to par. It's still a prototype, so it's subject to any type of change. I applaud the company for doing this kind of real world testing. Most companies don't do this.

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #309 of 2,616
Dear All.

Thanks for being clearly stating that @Hidizs Hk!

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #310 of 2,616
Dear All.

Keep up the good work!

Can't wait to see the final version!

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #311 of 2,616
I got mine today and love it. It fits perfectly in my hand. I'm excited to see what this thing is capable of because the specs are great. Btw I got the black aluminum version and it looks dope. I'll upload an unboxing tomorrow:)

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #312 of 2,616
No I don't think you can make that assumption. This round of testing may reveal something that requires a hardware change, for instance if the WiFi shielding was not up to par. It's still a prototype, so it's subject to any type of change. I applaud the company for doing this kind of real world testing. Most companies don't do this.
That is great by all means:) Keep up the good work, Hidizs!

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #313 of 2,616
Dear All.

Thank you Hidizs team.
Looking forward to test it and connect it with my Hugo 2.
I have a feeling that will sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back