New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 31, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #242 of 2,616
Looks like you were right. Received this from HIDIZS Today:

"Thank you for your patience, We are working hard on optimize all the software and system, We will also shoot the video for AP200 this week, After everything is ready, We will release it on Kickstarter with exclusive discount."

So Hidizs' definition of "pre-sale" is really Crowdfunding on kickstarter...

That's kind of a shame, at least for me. My other crowdfunded DAP is well over a year late and the first few that did go were riddled with problems and need to be returned. Not to say Hidizs won't do much better, but I have a sour taste in my mouth. I do like that they seem to be doing their development work and quality control before starting the campaign, that's the right way to do it.

May 31, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #245 of 2,616
Remember AP300 announcement?

I think AP300 was just an announcement with an outline drawing of the dap, don't recall even seeing a picture of the physical model. Also, probably more than half of the crowdfunding campaigns don't even have a finished product, they show you a semi-working prototype and ask for money to continue the development. AP200 seems to be different because product is finished and they seem to be finetuning the fw. I'm still puzzled why they even need crowdfunding, unless it's just for promotion to get more exposure. Don't know how it sounds, yet, but in theory this is going to be the cheapest android based DAP with wifi streaming support.

May 31, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #246 of 2,616
Yeah, but that wasn't anything close to as bad as the Wave. I understand your concern, but this looks to be much further along than the 300 ever got. Personally I think I'm done with crowdfunding, and will stick to DAP's that have actually been released and have some good reviews. If the AP200 makes it there, it will be a strong contender.

May 31, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #247 of 2,616
I think AP300 was just an announcement with an outline drawing of the dap, don't recall even seeing a picture of the physical model. Also, probably more than half of the crowdfunding campaigns don't even have a finished product, they show you a semi-working prototype and ask for money to continue the development. AP200 seems to be different because product is finished and they seem to be finetuning the fw. I'm still puzzled why they even need crowdfunding, unless it's just for promotion to get more exposure. Don't know how it sounds, yet, but in theory this is going to be the cheapest android based DAP with wifi streaming support.

I agree, this doesn't look to be another AP300 situation. They actually stated at one point, although the statement has now been removed from this thread, that they lacked sufficient capital to take this into mass production. Its kind of honest but a little worrisome at the same time. Lack of capital is probably why most companies turn to crowdfunding though.

May 31, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #249 of 2,616
Message today from HIDIZS: Shipping will start right after the Kickstarter Project. Kickstarter being used because easy way to give lower price to Early Adopters... Kickstarter being used to help get HIDIZS name into Marketplace.

My "paraphrasing" of Hidizs Messages...

So, more of a "pre-sale" than "Crowdfunding" by my definitions... Anyway, sounds promising !

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #252 of 2,616
Saw this on the internet the other day...

"On June 3, 2017, the first section of Shenzhen Audio Carnival, HIDIZS launched its latest Hi-Fi player products AP200. The new product is made of CNC stainless steel / aluminum alloy body. Stainless steel version provides t Options: Carbon fiber texture glass, Natural acid wood and Glass back. Aluminum alloy plate is three different styles: All clear glass back, but provide blue, black And silver colors."

182141v0f5685tx98u78xg.jpg.thumb.jpg

182128nd3ecv3l8vxzlddg.jpg.thumb.jpg

182159odk3zgwn4liw2ekn.jpg.thumb.jpg

182131quvmv7mdr2zvf7kl.jpg.thumb.jpg

"HIDIZS AP200 is equipped with 3.54-inch 960 × 640 display, built-in RK3188 quad-core processor, 1GB RAM. Stainless steel version built-in 64GB storage space, aluminum version of the internal storage space for the 8GB, both support the largest 256GB memory card expansion, equipped with Android 5.1 operating system. Built-in 3100 mAh battery, support 8 to 10 hours of battery life, data interface is the current popular Type-C, support USB 3.1 standard.

HIDIZS AP200 is equipped with left and right channel independent ES9118C DAC, the op amp is a single TPA6120A2. Support DSD64 / 128 and up to 384kHz / 32Bit PCM decoding, 32Ω load output power to 130mW, dynamic range of 117dB, signal to noise ratio of 115dB, THD + N is 0.003%.

At present, HIDIZS AP200 has not yet announced the official price and time to market."

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #253 of 2,616
Saw this on the internet the other day...

"On June 3, 2017, the first section of Shenzhen Audio Carnival, HIDIZS launched its latest Hi-Fi player products AP200. The new product is made of CNC stainless steel / aluminum alloy body. Stainless steel version provides t Options: Carbon fiber texture glass, Natural acid wood and Glass back. Aluminum alloy plate is three different styles: All clear glass back, but provide blue, black And silver colors."

182141v0f5685tx98u78xg.jpg.thumb.jpg

182128nd3ecv3l8vxzlddg.jpg.thumb.jpg

182159odk3zgwn4liw2ekn.jpg.thumb.jpg

182131quvmv7mdr2zvf7kl.jpg.thumb.jpg

"HIDIZS AP200 is equipped with 3.54-inch 960 × 640 display, built-in RK3188 quad-core processor, 1GB RAM. Stainless steel version built-in 64GB storage space, aluminum version of the internal storage space for the 8GB, both support the largest 256GB memory card expansion, equipped with Android 5.1 operating system. Built-in 3100 mAh battery, support 8 to 10 hours of battery life, data interface is the current popular Type-C, support USB 3.1 standard.

HIDIZS AP200 is equipped with left and right channel independent ES9118C DAC, the op amp is a single TPA6120A2. Support DSD64 / 128 and up to 384kHz / 32Bit PCM decoding, 32Ω load output power to 130mW, dynamic range of 117dB, signal to noise ratio of 115dB, THD + N is 0.003%.

At present, HIDIZS AP200 has not yet announced the official price and time to market."

Getting close now. Good stuff, thanks for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back