New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
May 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #181 of 2,616
Gents, I've just helped Hidizs with translating the specs and other detailed info for the AP200 into English, and currently working on the Arabic translation.

I will say this, the AP200 has some very interesting features, quite possibly the most versatile DAP I've come across, and is going to give other Chinese DAP manufacturers a true run for their money

is it possible to help them with the german translation as well? i would like to do it.

okay, just saw your reply:
get in touch with Hidizs on head-fi..... it won't hurt to ask if they could make use of your assistance

i'll contact them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #182 of 2,616
is it possible to help them with the german translation as well? i would like to do it.

okay, just saw your reply:

i'll contact them.
I could do Italian, Theo, if needed of course

May 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #183 of 2,616
I could do Italian, Theo, if needed of course
Sorry gents, I realise that (the way I presented my involvement with the translation process) it may seem like I'm somewhat in charge of this or the main point of contact for you to get involved. If you'd like to get involved, your best bet would be to contact Hidizs directly. I can't guarantee that they'd take you up on it though...but no harm in trying

May 20, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #184 of 2,616
Sorry gents, I realise that (the way I presented my involvement with the translation process) it may seem like I'm somewhat in charge of this or the main point of contact for you to get involved. If you'd like to get involved, your best bet would be to contact Hidizs directly. I can't guarantee that they'd take you up on it though...but no harm in trying

JEFFHAWK:

Try asking it in a question on the Hidizs Facebook page using messenger. They have a pretty fast and high reply rate. Though HIDIZS monitors this forum, asking them directly can't hurt !

May 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #185 of 2,616

I think some people mis-read between the lines of your reply as in "you get a free AP200 for translating the manual" which clearly NOT the case :wink:

May 20, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #186 of 2,616
I wouldn't spent too much efforts in translating manuals for a product which mabe will never hit the shelves.
I would love too see it though. But the weppage isn't updated since months and by May 20th they still say release
"maybe late May or early June". What about the crowdfunding for mass production? Never heard about that anymore...
A lot of questions... I am in the market for a new pocket size DAP and I could wait another few weeks if we get some
firm information. Please don't play the "GeekWave" game with us....

May 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #187 of 2,616
I wouldn't spent too much efforts in translating manuals for a product which mabe will never hit the shelves.
I would love too see it though. But the weppage isn't updated since months and by May 20th they still say release
"maybe late May or early June". What about the crowdfunding for mass production? Never heard about that anymore...
A lot of questions... I am in the market for a new pocket size DAP and I could wait another few weeks if we get some

Oh, "GeekWave" game is legendary by now. A few years of waiting already with a few more to go? :wink: But every indication shows that AP200 is a real deal, just some minor delays in production.

May 20, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #189 of 2,616

Oh it's not the manual that I've translated...just a 6 page document describing some features and other specs. It'll most likely go on the product page, and maybe some promotional leaflets. Actually, they've already used 2 parts on their facebook page (the one describing the CNC process, and the other describing the rosewood rear panel).

Honestly, I'd rather Hidizs sort out any kinks and release the item as a complete product...not this beta-ware BS that quite a few other manufacturers are accustomed to doing.

May 22, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #193 of 2,616
wow, sounds great. Seems this DAP really might materialize.
Well, I guess most readers of the thread had little doubt about it:) Especially, after seeing the AP200 engineering/production sample photos. The case is...what we'll have inside the case:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back