JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Apr 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #286 of 780

But the currents are not high so it shouldn't matter as much.

Per Matt Bond, the owner and designer (he's a schooled metallurgist) of Tara Labs:

The 3 most important design features of cables when it comes to audio performance are:

1) geometry

2) dielectric

3) conductor purity

In that order.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #287 of 780

This is the oc studio zues uex 8 conductor. Build quality is very good. Wires are very flexible, atl mmcx connector is top notch. Price is very modest for an 8 conductor upocc certified wire source from neotech. I have not yet listened intensively, its only been 24hours since i have received the cable. All i can say for the moment that it is very resolving and highly detailed. Nuances is very frequency band is very well presented. More impressions to come. Overall a great match for the fw01. Highly recommended for an excellent silver cable for a great price. David of Oc studio is also very open and transparent about the source of his materials, no fancy marketing terms, very direct and straight forward person. Highly recommended.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #289 of 780
How to compare JVC HA-FW01  to   Sony EX-1000?

Thx

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #290 of 780
Apr 19, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #291 of 780

This is the oc studio zues uex 8 conductor. Build quality is very good. Wires are very flexible, atl mmcx connector is top notch. Price is very modest for an 8 conductor upocc certified wire source from neotech. I have not yet listened intensively, its only been 24hours since i have received the cable. All i can say for the moment that it is very resolving and highly detailed. Nuances is very frequency band is very well presented. More impressions to come. Overall a great match for the fw01. Highly recommended for an excellent silver cable for a great price. David of Oc studio is also very open and transparent about the source of his materials, no fancy marketing terms, very direct and straight forward person. Highly recommended.

Congrats for your new cabe. I am fallen crazy about OC studio cable. I had to force myself not to buy anymore cable as the cables are affordable but bit by bit they add up.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #292 of 780
  Congrats for your new cabe. I am fallen crazy about OC studio cable. I had to force myself not to buy anymore cable as the cables are affordable but bit by bit they add up.

Like you, audionewbi, some time before, I use an Ortofon ec8s SPC cable.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #293 of 780
Like you, audionewbi, some time before, I use an Ortofon ec8s SPC cable.

Ive just passed approximately 100 hours on the oc studio zeus. And its a very detailed sound. Speed and decay is just perfect. It really brings the best out of the fw01. Im using oppo ha2 for dacamp low gain at 35 percent volume.

Ive started swaping with the copper orpheous and early signs are that the treble details and extension are still there..bass slight more rounded and midrange and vocals stand out more..very interesting copper cable, very satisfied

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #294 of 780
I highly recommend oc studio cables to all fw01 owners. Very fair prices especially their 8 braids. The ergonomics of the cables are excellent..so flexible and no memory whatsoever once coiled. The plug quality is fantastic, their unique full copper plug is just beautiful. (Slight maintenaince for copper plug just clean with toothpaste and dry tissue..good as new). Atl mmcx..amazing stuff..it is even is better than the eidolic one i use with my other cable. Comes in a wooden box with velvet pouch.

As a jvc woodie fan, i give top marks for matchability with fw01

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #297 of 780
I'm probably going to get a pair of these soon. Tell me, if there's a problem with these, damage of any kind, can they be sent somewhere to be repaired, or are they basically done if there's damage? Not sure if I'd have to ship to Japan or if USA based JVC would be able to help

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #299 of 780
I'm probably going to get a pair of these soon. Tell me, if there's a problem with these, damage of any kind, can they be sent somewhere to be repaired, or are they basically done if there's damage? Not sure if I'd have to ship to Japan or if USA based JVC would be able to help

Any warranty issues would be handled by the seller. JVC USA likely wouldn't honor any warranty since the FW01 is not made for this market. Frankly, other than audionewbi's issue with the back cap coming off, these are pretty bulletproof, very unlikely with proper use you'll have any problems. Just make sure the seller will take care of any warranty issues should they arise.

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #300 of 780
Any warranty issues would be handled by the seller. JVC USA likely wouldn't honor any warranty since the FW01 is not made for this market. Frankly, other than audionewbi's issue with the back cap coming off, these are pretty bulletproof, very unlikely with proper use you'll have any problems. Just make sure the seller will take care of any warranty issues should they arise.

Agree, FW01 and FX1200 are well built, I often used the FX1200 in the Gym, no problem whatsoever 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back