JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jul 7, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #109 of 739

I've always been a hybrid nut so naturally the Lola was one of the highest priorities for me to try out when it was first announced.

I must say I'm not impressed either, at least on first impressions. The Lola has managed to have its twin DDs control the midrange and yet retain none of the traits that made the dynamics desirable in the first place. Overall tonality is thin and cold with slightly distant mids and little smoothness, sounding slightly off next to my references (UERM, UE18+, Andromeda). The use of BA woofers for bass did not help the note weight at all and the Lola ends up being a soulless, strange-sounding "monitor".

Clearly this is not a review since this was based off an hours' listening session (albeit with intense A/B comparisons). So, take my words with a grain of salt.

Jul 8, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #110 of 739
I've just received my Lola ciem. Could you guy please help suggest the matching upgraded cable?

Attachments

• IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #113 of 739

I've always been a hybrid nut so naturally the Lola was one of the highest priorities for me to try out when it was first announced.

I must say I'm not impressed either, at least on first impressions. The Lola has managed to have its twin DDs control the midrange and yet retain none of the traits that made the dynamics desirable in the first place. Overall tonality is thin and cold with slightly distant mids and little smoothness, sounding slightly off next to my references (UERM, UE18+, Andromeda). The use of BA woofers for bass did not help the note weight at all and the Lola ends up being a soulless, strange-sounding "monitor".

Clearly this is not a review since this was based off an hours' listening session (albeit with intense A/B comparisons). So, take my words with a grain of salt.

And then there's Jude, who says these are "one of the best IEMs" and "the best JH Audio IEM" he's ever heard, something he tends to say ever time JH releases a new product…

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #114 of 739
My carbon Roxanne sticks out of my ear more the 1cm... will it be the same with these? Is this due to the carbon option?

I have both custom carbon fiber Roxannes as well as custom acrylic Roxannes. They both stick out of my ear exactly the same amount. The carbon fiber ones might be the slightest, sliightest bit tighter/bigger, but nothing that remotely bothers me. The carbon fiber shells are hand made, so it's not as easy for them to make as the acrylic versions are. I'm very happy with both of mine.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #115 of 739

If you go on Twitter or Instagram you can find 2-3 people who speak (only 1-2 sentences... not a detailed review...) very highly of Lola...
Gives me hope... Since I already ordered her...
Does anyone know what the current waiting time is?

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #116 of 739
If you go on Twitter or Instagram you can find 2-3 people who speak (only 1-2 sentences... not a detailed review...) very highly of Lola...

shrug Just throwing out my honest opinion. If I like everything then my recommendations wouldn't hold any water, would they?

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #118 of 739

JH normally promises within a month.

Jul 9, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #119 of 739
I didn't mean in any way to criticize you...
Have you ever listened to the Roxanne? Any comparing thoughts to the Lola (cause thats where I'm coming from...)

It's been a while since I listened to the Roxannes. Didn't really like them, not from a technical standpoint but rather from personal preference, so I haven't really gotten to listening to them again.

At any case my favourite JH IEM is the JH13v2 Performance Series edition, but that's not saying much. The JH house sound simply isn't for me and the technical ability of their lineup is rather low compared to the competition nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back