JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Sep 8, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #139 of 739
Hi guys! just tкied 16v2 today and its absolutely amazing for me, very natural and balanced (better than andro dorado mason hum pristine solar imo).
can you compare lola and 16v2 ? especially in bass and treble ?

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #140 of 739
So you're telling me that iPad –> $2k IEMs is better than Laptop/iPad –> Chord Mojo –> $2k IEMs?
Yes that's exactly what I said... if you read that with your head in the sand. Apples to apples. I have a mojo and while it's great for some things, it makes my QP1r worse for instance and using it usb sounds less good than feeding it via SPdif from a proper source. ymmv but those are my results and with a wide variety of kit and DACs.

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #141 of 739
Not sure what is going on here but they sound almost better straight from my iPad vs. MacBook + Dragonfly Red...

I'm not a fan of the usb dac interface. If the internal DAC of the ipad is decent, it has an advantage.

Yes that's exactly what I said... if you read that with your head in the sand. Apples to apples. I have a mojo and while it's great for some things, it makes my QP1r worse for instance and using it usb sounds less good than feeding it via SPdif from a proper source. ymmv but those are my results and with a wide variety of kit and DACs.

When you're talking about $1,000+ DAPs, then I can see your point since those have amazing DAC + Amp components. But we were talking about iPads, MacBooks, and Dragonfly Reds. From my experience, I find the AK120ii –> most of my gear better than a MBP/iPhone –> mojo –> gear. However, the latter slays MBP –> gear.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #142 of 739
It's been a week or so now...
Just did some A/B testing with Roxanne...
I have to say I am glad I upgraded... There is way more detail in Lola...
One thing I noticed is that voices seem more prominent with Roxanne than Lola...
And in some situations, the treble of Lola can seem a little piercing... but that just might be because I am used to the very warm sound of Roxanne.
I ordered a Black Dragon and a Cozoy Takt... Did anyone switch from a stock JH cable to a Black Dragon? What should I expect?

Oh, and also the Lola doesn't stick out (is not as big) as much as the Roxanne! It sits pretty much flush.

I received my JH 16v2 8 weeks ago, and my Lola's a week ago. I love the Lola's and will be trying to compare and contrast vs. the 16's. I did notice as you mention above that the treble of the Lola could seem piercing. This concerned me, but I started running the Lola's 24/7 with my Questyle 2's for the last 5 days. The piercing highs are gone. Just beautiful, fun, sound. More to come later!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #143 of 739
Please do. I just ordered my JH16V2's last week. Have owned the JH16V1's for 8 years and while I loved the bottom always wished they had a little more extension on the hi end. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #144 of 739
Just received my JH Lola today. OMG, it looks better than I thought!

Fitting is so much better than my Layla 2, and I have been using it for the last 2-hours non-stop with no discomfort at all!

Soundwise with Black Dragon V2 cable, it is my ideal type as I am mainly into vocals, and it is much better than my wife's SE846, and more sweet sounding mids than the Oriolus Mk2!

So far, I am very happy with the overall experience (one of the best sounding that I have tried, and most comfortable IEM).

Tried the bass knob at 3pm and 5pm. Not so much impact as my Layla in terms of difference in audible bass difference. I think even at 5pm (max bass), it still feels quite OK, without the bass over powering the overall sound. Definitely a big achievement of JH IEM!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #145 of 739
After a few days of listening, the sound gets better with nice bass impact (keeping it at 3 o'clock).

Very smooth and kept my 5-hrs flight with non-stop listening with no fatigue.

A rare beauty, both from the sound quality as well as the design!

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #146 of 739
Have tried with comply tips and sounds good. As usual, concern is the durability of comply tips.

Any other suggestions for a good tip to use with Lola or other performance series? My other tips fitting the Layla 2 are too "big" bore holes thus a bit loose for Lola.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #147 of 739
I have seen a lot of complaints regarding the same. JH Audio's poor customer service.

I know I'm a bit late to this topic. However, I ordered my custom Lola's last week or so of August. Over Labor Day weekend, JHA discounted the price by I think 15%. I wrote them an email asking for the discount. Jerry's wife responded with a friendly email and said "sure". That was very nice of them I thought. I'm a satisfied customer!

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #148 of 739
I know I'm a bit late to this topic. However, I ordered my custom Lola's last week or so of August. Over Labor Day weekend, JHA discounted the price by I think 15%. I wrote them an email asking for the discount. Jerry's wife responded with a friendly email and said "sure". That was very nice of them I thought. I'm a satisfied customer!

It all comes down to something called survivor's bias. In this case, people tend to only make a huge fuss over anything if they had problems, and the hundreds (or thousands) of others more who didn't have any problems or even had positive experiences to varying degrees aren't as likely to take the time to come and say that everything went as expected or even if they went out of their way. Hell, Andy himself gave me a free pair of custom Roxanne's (very long story), and I couldn't be more thrilled with their customer support and service along the way.

I keep meaning to write a review since I have had my original custom Roxanne's as well as my custom 13v2's since 9/2016 (more than ample time to give my ear time to listen and critique), including my 8-10 interactions with JH Audio's customer service from ordering to my last message to them back in April or May of this year.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #149 of 739
Wow. Sounds like a good deal and a great customer experience!

Was thinking of getting the custom Lola since my last custom was the JH16pro, but didn't want to go through the same waiting time. Tried the universal version at the shop and it fits perfectly!

The performance series is much more comfortable than the metal sirens series.

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #150 of 739
Wow. Sounds like a good deal and a great customer experience!

Was thinking of getting the custom Lola since my last custom was the JH16pro, but didn't want to go through the same waiting time. Tried the universal version at the shop and it fits perfectly!

The performance series is much more comfortable than the metal sirens series.

Good for you! Better resale value down the line, too, should it come to that for some reason! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back