JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Jul 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #121 of 739
There seems to be a lot of new options when it comes to design...
Even solid wood shells... (not just faceplate)
It will be publicly available once the new website launches...
If you contact Angie, she can make it happen Now and give you the cost for each design...

Its incredibly silent in here... nothing like back in the days when I ordered my Roxanne

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #122 of 739
Had a chance to listen to Lola briefly.. Have mixed feelings about it.. Why there are so few reviews and opinions on Lola?

I have Angie, thought about upgrading but I could not say Lola was really step up..

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #124 of 739
wow the impressions so far and not looking good, i was expecting better impressions

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #126 of 739
Not sure I understand some of the comments on the Lola IEM's, I think as Hybrid models their sound signatures will not please pure BA or pure DD fans.

The sound signature is much more complex than a AAW model for example as you have to adjust the Lola's via the dials to get your preference, I don't leave these set in one place as I like tweaking their response.

I find the way they attack the bass very differently than other hybrids and these to be more of a elegant bass than "primitive" type bass found in other hybrids

Vocals and instruments are detailed and for om my personal perspective pretty good

Ergonomics are always something to work with JH as their shell sizing is always on the large side if you compare with AAW, UM, etc

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #128 of 739
Just got them...
They look and feel absolutely beautiful!!!
No refit needed! halleluja!

Sound-wise:
so far so good...
they have more instrument-separation than my Roxanne...
and the Roxanne is a little fuller sounding...

Need some more time to fully evaluate...

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #129 of 739
Make a note of your impressions and then, if you don't mind, run them in pretty hard for a few hundred hours. I'm curious if run in is an issue with early adopters. May not be but it's time to find out. You've got 2 DDs with a steep crossover sharing the mids so they only see a fraction as much energy as other hybrids or DD IEMs.

Aug 1, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #133 of 739
It's been a week or so now...
Just did some A/B testing with Roxanne...
I have to say I am glad I upgraded... There is way more detail in Lola...
One thing I noticed is that voices seem more prominent with Roxanne than Lola...
And in some situations, the treble of Lola can seem a little piercing... but that just might be because I am used to the very warm sound of Roxanne.
I ordered a Black Dragon and a Cozoy Takt... Did anyone switch from a stock JH cable to a Black Dragon? What should I expect?

Oh, and also the Lola doesn't stick out (is not as big) as much as the Roxanne! It sits pretty much flush.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #134 of 739
I have a Black Dragon (use it on my Layla) it adds warmth and a slight boost to the low end while keeping the clarity. Should get rid of that piercing treble or at least tone it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back