[Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter
Oct 31, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #122 of 167
Does the line out work with the Oppo HA-2 Amp/DAC MFi cable? Oppo's website doesn't list the iPod Nano 7G. Also, will I notice a difference in sound quality if it does work?

Already confirmed that it will work on my HA-2 review, and of course the SQ improvement is very dramatic.

However, just to be technically correct - it isn't a line-out, but a digital-out with the MFi cable.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #123 of 167
That's great to hear. I was planning on getting the HA-2, so I just wanted to confirm. Thanks for the quick reply!

Digital-out.... okay, I see. Thanks for the correction.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #124 of 167
Any advice on what to get first...... DAP or DAC/AMP? Here are my options:

1) an Oppo HA-2 connected to an iPod Nano 7G

2) an iPod Touch 6G using headphone out (don't really care about the extra features.... just for music)

3) or a Fiio X5ii gen (only thing that's holding me back is the UI and if sound quality is significantly better than iPod Touch)

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #125 of 167
Any advice on what to get first...... DAP or DAC/AMP? Here are my options:

1) an Oppo HA-2 connected to an iPod Nano 7G

2) an iPod Touch 6G using headphone out (don't really care about the extra features.... just for music)

3) or a Fiio X5ii gen (only thing that's holding me back is the UI and if sound quality is significantly better than iPod Touch)

Both one and three will be excellent sounding, but offer different features. Don't know about iPod Touch to comment about it.

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #128 of 167
So when using the HO to a external amp, what recommendations would you suggest to set the 7G EQ to?

The same as to all of Apple's EQ - off.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #129 of 167
Currently running an iPod Nano 7g into a Pico Slim via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm, they really do fit perfectly together!
Sounds pretty good with my IEMS.

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #131 of 167
  @ClieOS

Have you measured Nano 7G's output impedance? I'd be really interested to know it.

Yes, I had. It is mentioned on the first page review - a quite respectable 1.1ohm.

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #132 of 167
@ClieOS

Whoops, somehow missed that, sorry. 
redface.gif

1.1, that's surprisingly good and the best measured value out of all iPod Nano generations.

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #134 of 167
I have a question can I use a external dac with the apple ipod nano 7g? Such as a fiio eo7k or q1 with the apple lightning usb adapter and mini usb?

For your first question: Yes, you can use an external DAC for Apple nano 7G, but it only limits to DAC that are officially MFi certified for iPod.

For you 2nd question: No, reason as stated above.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #135 of 167
I need to get cables / adapters to connect my gen 7 iPod Nano (line out) to the RCA input of either the Vali 2 or Project Starlight / Sunrise amp. I tried this setup using headphone out into the amp and found I lost detail. The iPod had more detail w/o the amp in this configuration so folks suggested the line out method into the amp.

It looks like I need to go from iPod Nano > Apple OEM Lightning to female 30 pin converter (w/built in DAC) > male 30 pin to 3.5mm male (or female?) end > 3.5mm female to L/R male RCA's into amp?

It would be nice to have 1 or 2 less cables to do this line out from the iPod into the amp............ and perhaps there are!

Any suggestions or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back