IBasso Audio IT03
Jun 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #2,611 of 3,344
I don't know. It was exhibited at the last Potafes show in Nagoya in Japan June the 18th.
My guess is that it will probably be released during the Fall. At least before the end of this year. It's just a guess though.

I'm pretty sure iBasso will exhibit it at CanJam London in mid July next month, and hopefully the release will follow soon.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,612 of 3,344
What tips are you guys using? I got my IT03 yesterday, and have tried all three types in both medium and large and could never get a sound approaching my Shure SE846. My ears are now sore with all the messing around trying to get a decent fit.

Could you give me some suggestions for an IEM that has good bass, I'm a slight bass head, a warm signature and plenty of detail for up to £1000.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #2,614 of 3,344
What tips are you guys using? I received my IT03's yesterday and have tried all three types in both medium and large. I haven't been able to get a sound even approaching my as yet still not burned in Shure SE846. Also, my ears are now sore with all the fiddling around trying to get a good fit.

Can you suggest an IEM for up to £1200, that has plenty of bass and lots of micro detail.

I can't listen to any suggestions, as I live in Jersey, Channel Islands that has no dealers.

I would encourage you to not give up on IT03 quite yet. If you look at two posts I link here:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/ibasso-audio-it03.807881/page-162#post-13437849

you'll see why I say that. The IT03 has very good bass, but it really is tip-dependent.

As you could see from my earliest post, I was initially VERY disappointed with the IT03. But eventually, I found Crystal Tips from Crystalline Audio (Brit company) and suddenly I loved them. Well actually, when I used the largest included silicone tips I started hearing some bass, which made me willing to work a little harder on the relationship. But the Crystal Tips got me in love with them.

Now I'm using Comply 500 Isolation tips, but mostly because of logistics and cost. Plus I foolishly bought large instead of medium from Crystalline.

To my ears, the IT03s has more sub-bass than every other IEM I've tried, and that goes completely missing without a really good fit. Also to my ears, it seems like the 'bass head' IEMs I've heard raise the mid-bass, and I don't hear that from the IT03.

My goto bass evaluation track is 'Jimi's Born Under a Bad Sign' from 'Blues'. The first 8 or so bars is a solo plucked electric bass riff. I both want to feel the notes and also heard the vibration of the strings. Beginning of 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac is very good as well. There's what I think are Tom Toms. I pay attention to how natural the beats sound. Also, Entwhistle's bass lines from 'My Generation' for pure joy.

So I think I first heard 'missing' sub-bass and non-lifted mid-bass, which sounded like no bass. But I'm so glad I persevered as these are now the only IEM I listen to every day, and are battling to a draw with my M1060s (my first planar -- both competent and novel).

I did see that you listed them for sale, so maybe I'm too late to save your relationship :)

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,615 of 3,344
What tips are you guys using? I received my IT03's yesterday and have tried all three types in both medium and large. I haven't been able to get a sound even approaching my as yet still not burned in Shure SE846. Also, my ears are now sore with all the fiddling around trying to get a good fit.

Can you suggest an IEM for up to £1200, that has plenty of bass and lots of micro detail.

I can't listen to any suggestions, as I live in Jersey, Channel Islands that has no dealers.

I did quite a lot of tip rolling. Some Sony Hybrid tips, Spinfit, and other cheaper alternatives. I still went back to the stock tips included in the package, the medium size wide bore tips. Those gave the best fit and sound for me. Make sure the nozzles are flushed to the rim of the tips.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #2,616 of 3,344

It seems like you probably have not found a good seal yet.
Yo could try the SpinFit tips that will give you somewhat more length. For me and my ears, the stock tips work very well though.

With a properly tight seal, the IT03 shouldn't have any less bass than the SE846 (I have both), however as I also told you, the iBasso won't have the richness and fullness as the Shure if you're after that.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #2,617 of 3,344

Try SpinFits, I found the IT03 a bit uncomfortable and the SpinFits helped. They didn't increase the bass though and I've since gone back to the stock Ibasso tips can you get to CanJam, I'm holding off on getting new IEMs until then. Luckily I live in London not Jersey, But I'd rather live in Jersey and have to make the trip. Lovely place to chill out with some nice new IEMs. Good luck

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #2,618 of 3,344
Try SpinFits, I found the IT03 a bit uncomfortable and the SpinFits helped. They didn't increase the bass though and I've since gone back to the stock Ibasso tips can you get to CanJam, I'm holding off on getting new IEMs until then. Luckily I live in London not Jersey, But I'd rather live in Jersey and have to make the trip. Lovely place to chill out with some nice new IEMs. Good luck

So, can we expect a brief impression (and comparison) from you after you try the IT04? :grinning:

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #2,619 of 3,344
So, can we expect a brief impression (and comparison) from you after you try the IT04? :grinning:
I'll do my best, I'm fairly new to all this and probably couldn't give a detailed comparison. ive been into music for over 35 years, got a really nice hi-fi at home and only discovered DAPs because Apple decided to discontinue the IPod Classic I was going to get because I was fed up with my phones memory filling up and the battery giving up !!! Thanks Apple, now I find myself constantly on this website and that's not a bad thing. There's nothing better than when you listen to a piece of music and the sound is so good you find your self with a great big grin on your face. I'll have a good listen to the 04s and do my best to let you know how they perform

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #2,620 of 3,344
I'll do my best, I'm fairly new to all this and probably couldn't give a detailed comparison. ive been into music for over 35 years, got a really nice hi-fi at home and only discovered DAPs because Apple decided to discontinue the IPod Classic I was going to get because I was fed up with my phones memory filling up and the battery giving up !!! Thanks Apple, now I find myself constantly on this website and that's not a bad thing. There's nothing better than when you listen to a piece of music and the sound is so good you find your self with a great big grin on your face. I'll have a good listen to the 04s and do my best to let you know how they perform
Well, maybe you can measure the grin on your face while listening to the IT04. When it's even bigger than the one while listening to your IT03, then we'll know it's an upgrade :wink:
But seriously, I'm also very curious about the differences in signature between these 2 later on...

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #2,621 of 3,344
Thanks for the replies. The best stock tip for me is the large bore medium. This is unusual for me, as I tend to favour tips with a small bore. I use the stock medium with a tiny bore on my SE846's. I should try others, as some seem to like the yellow foam tips.

I've got some medium Spinfits coming for the IT03's, but where could I find some large bore medium tips, like the stock ones, preferably in Europe?

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #2,622 of 3,344
Thanks for the replies. The best stock tip for me is the large bore medium. This is unusual for me, as I tend to favour tips with a small bore. I use the stock medium with a tiny bore on my SE846's. I should try others, as some seem to like the yellow foam tips.

I've got some medium Spinfits coming for the IT03's, but where could I find some large bore medium tips, like the stock ones, preferably in Europe?

I've seen a lot of owners who had love and hate relationship with the IT03 initially. I suggest to give them some time to play around with and maybe you'll get a proper fit and seal. Though it is known that the fit of the IT03 is a hit or miss so it's understandable if you'll end up selling them after failing to remedy the fit problem. Soundwise, only you could tell by your preference.

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #2,623 of 3,344
Well, maybe you can measure the grin on your face while listening to the IT04. When it's even bigger than the one while listening to your IT03, then we'll know it's an upgrade :wink:
But seriously, I'm also very curious about the differences in signature between these 2 later on...
I'll make sure to bring a tape measure just in case it's a close call. I also want to try out the Andromeda, only have enough funds for one purchase, decisions decisions. Which one first,think I already know. :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #2,625 of 3,344
My goto bass evaluation track is 'Jimi's Born Under a Bad Sign' from 'Blues'. The first 8 or so bars is a solo plucked electric bass riff. I both want to feel the notes and also heard the vibration of the strings. Beginning of 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac is very good as well...
Also 2 of my favourite test tracks that usually end up in my playlists :thumbsup:

I'll make sure to bring a tape measure just in case it's a close call. I also want to try out the Andromeda, only have enough funds for one purchase, decisions decisions. Which one first,think I already know. :ksc75smile:
The Andromeda is also a great iem, but I'm pretty sure IT04 won't be that expensive and (who knows) might end up sounding as good (often a matter of signature preference) or even better :thinking:

I don't know if they will stay on the IT03 very well, but you could look for Spiral Dot tips.

Exactly the ones that almost always worked out fine (re fit and sound) for me on most of my universals so far.
With IT03 the SD tips (M) kept sticking in my ears a few times though after removing the iem. Not a big issue as it was always easy (no surgery needed) to get the tips out of my ears after that.
I think (not completely sure) that I have the M silicone ones with the wide bore on the IT03 atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back