IBasso Audio IT03
May 21, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,551 of 3,344
Chris I am not sure if your review states that the resistance of the stock cable and the CB13 are the same. To clarify the CB13 is .2 ohms and the stock cable is .4 ohms per channel. Also the CB13 is a type of Litz construction and uses flat wire for better skin effect with frequencies.

No, I just mentioned the resistance of a cable as one reason why an in-ear can sound different when using aftermarket/upgrade cables.

May 23, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #2,554 of 3,344
I have tried triple flange ear tips. The bass for me became more prominent as well as the highs but the longer I use them hurts my ear but its tolerable. Spinfits are good too, highs were tamed but the bass is there, but I prefer the triple flange tips. The mids were more upfront using foam tips.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,557 of 3,344
Guys, any update on cb13 cable? Very much interested in comparison between cb12 and cb13 both in sound and build quality. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of them, but can't decide which one. :)

May 30, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,558 of 3,344
Hi everyone,

I have issue with mine, the right speaker start to lose sound and I change the cable but still the same issue.

It has less sound volume compare to left and if I twist the cable it comes and goes.

I need your help :frowning2:

May 31, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,559 of 3,344
Hi everyone,

I have issue with mine, the right speaker start to lose sound and I change the cable but still the same issue.

It has less sound volume compare to left and if I twist the cable it comes and goes.

Have you been swapping cables recently? If so, maybe your MMCX pins got dirty or something? I'm saying because same thing happened to me once. I just blew on the pins and ports then the sound came back to normal. But if you mean less sound as in there's an imbalance, maybe there's something wrong with the internal wirings or the drivers themselves.

May 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,560 of 3,344
Have you been swapping cables recently? If so, maybe your MMCX pins got dirty or something? I'm saying because same thing happened to me once. I just blew on the pins and ports then the sound came back to normal. But if you mean less sound as in there's an imbalance, maybe there's something wrong with the internal wirings or the drivers themselves.

Also, a simple test would be to swap the two cables ends (that is, connect the left MMCX to the right IEM and vice-versa). That would isolate the problem to the IEM, or something else in the signal chain.

May 31, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,561 of 3,344
Hi everyone,

I am sorry you are having problems with a driver of the IT03. If it turns out that there is a decrease in sound please contact me at paul@ibasso.com. I can arrange an RMA number to have your IT03 serviced.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 31, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,562 of 3,344
it03 really sounds amazing with the new spin fits cp240 and it is better than any tip i used it with. Bass and sub bass are present and no loss in details in the highs.

now when is it04 coming out

May 31, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #2,563 of 3,344
Jun 1, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #2,565 of 3,344
CB12 is still the best value, but CB13 is so damn sexy!!! Get CB12 for your IT03 and CB13 for your wife or gf, to wear as a necklace :D

CB12/CB13 Review.

ibasso_amp2_cb13-21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back