Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
May 23, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #1,251 of 4,063
Nicely written.

Btw, it is prefereable to leave the DAC in standby mode or just leave it ON when not being used?

Cheers.

May 23, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,253 of 4,063
Nicely written.

Btw, it is prefereable to leave the DAC in standby mode or just leave it ON when not being used?

Cheers.

I'm interested in the answer as well since I received mine recently. I decided to hook it to a power meter and sadly it reported 22.5 W standby and 23.1 W on so I don't think I'll be leaving mine on all the time regardless of the answer. I'll probably leave it on for a few hours before I listen to them.

@MacedonianHero
Nicely written review!

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #1,254 of 4,063
In case anyone is interested, my KTE L3 Spring DAC (with the KTE SU-1) review is now up on our site. :) In short, I found this combination a tour de force! Simply one incredibly transparent and clean DAC that gives you up to DSD512 (or 256 for Mac). Never "digital" sounding, nor slow. It splits the uprights dead and centre in this regard and beats many DACs costing 2-3X more (if not even higher).

Great review Mace! Worth the wait and very detailed.

I'm using a different ladder DAC but am hearing similar audio improvements. So much that I've spent weeks just trying to accurately describe the sound (not done yet though).

May 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #1,255 of 4,063
Have you received them yet?

In case anyone is interested, my KTE L3 Spring DAC (with the KTE SU-1) review is now up on our site. :) In short, I found this combination a tour de force! Simply one incredibly transparent and clean DAC that gives you up to DSD512 (or 256 for Mac). Never "digital" sounding, nor slow. It splits the uprights dead and centre in this regard and beats many DACs costing 2-3X more (if not even higher).

My KTE SU-1 Is on the way, The KTE L3 should be soon, I'll check out your review later today, looking forward too it - I did get my Kitsune Xlr's and Intona industrial, The cables are very nice as well as the Kitsune USB, All made a very nice improvement, really opened up the sound, Really looking forward to the KTE L3 and SU-1
Thank's for checking..!

May 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #1,257 of 4,063
^ Thanks fellas! :) Reviewing great audio gear like this is always a pleasure! Just to conclude, I've since sold my previous DAC (costing 2X) and purchased the KTE L3 Spring DAC and when coupled with the KTE SU-1, this combination is VERY hard to beat. The sound staging is really a revelation actually...I was always happy with my Utopia's ability in this regard, but boy did things kick up a few notches with this new setup!

FWIW, I usually keep it in "Standby" mode when not in use. Tim (from Kitsune) keeps his on all the time...hard to say which is preferred. Can other owners chime in here? I'm a bit curious.

May 24, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #1,258 of 4,063
My KTE SU-1 Is on the way, The KTE L3 should be soon, I'll check out your review later today, looking forward too it - I did get my Kitsune Xlr's and Intona industrial, The cables are very nice as well as the Kitsune USB, All made a very nice improvement, really opened up the sound, Really looking forward to the KTE L3 and SU-1
Thank's for checking..!

Funny you should mention the cables....I am loving Kitsune's USB and XLR cables! Some of the very best I've heard; regardless of price point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back