Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
May 31, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,276 of 4,063
I decided to hook it to a power meter and sadly it reported 22.5 W standby and 23.1 W on so I don't think I'll be leaving mine on all the time regardless of the answer. I'll probably leave it on for a few hours before I listen to them.

Just so you know, 22-23W is not very much -- draws only .2 amps. To compare, a Schiit Gungnir consumes 20w; a Schitt Yggy consumes 25w; and a Audio GD NOS 7 consumes 48w. basically, it's slightly more than leaving a 20w light bulb (think candelabra bulb) on all of the time.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,277 of 4,063
Just so you know, 22-23W is not very much -- draws only .2 amps. To compare, a Schiit Gungnir consumes 20w; a Schitt Yggy consumes 25w; and a Audio GD NOS 7 consumes 48w. basically, it's slightly more than leaving a 20w light bulb (think candelabra bulb) on all of the time.

Thanks, and I agree that it's not that much and can see why people might leave theirs on all the time. I was really hoping that stand-by would consume way less than what was measured and the Spring DAC does give off a fair amount of heat even on stand-by. So for me given my current listening pattern it didn't make sense to leave it on 24x7 even on stand-by. However, I'll probably experiment more and note any differences which may change my decision. It's all part of the journey.

I also measured my Gungnir MB right after my Spring DAC since I was curious as well and mine measured around 14.5 watts.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,278 of 4,063
I bit the bullet and ordered this dac from Tim, this past week.

Looks like a 4 or 5 week wait....can't wait to give it a spin.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #1,280 of 4,063
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,281 of 4,063
Selling my Level 3, going to try to move up to Dave, listed on the trade forum

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,282 of 4,063
Can anybody tell me if Tim, at Kitsune Audio, contacts you before the dac is shipped or after the dac is shipped ?

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,285 of 4,063
Is anyone using a SOtm sMS-200 with this DAC or this DAC+Singxer SU-1?
Are you using DOP or Native DSD?
Any pops at the start of play with Native DSD?

I really want to try this DAC but only if it works with the sMS-200

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,286 of 4,063
Can anybody tell me if Tim, at Kitsune Audio, contacts you before the dac is shipped or after the dac is shipped ?
Most of the time, he does, but not always. In my case, all of the items he informed me of the shipment prior except the DAC, which one day, all of sudden show up at my door without notification, so the same could happened to you. Try to communicate with him if you for sure want to have the notification before shipment goes out.

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,287 of 4,063
Most of the time, he does, but not always. In my case, all of the items he informed me of the shipment prior except the DAC, which one day, all of sudden show up at my door without notification, so the same could happened to you. Try to communicate with him if you for sure want to have the notification before shipment goes out.

Whenever I order expensive audio equipment, I always ask the seller to send signature required.

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,288 of 4,063
I used PayPal so got shipment notifications that way, but Tim did give me a shipping estimate at purchase so I wasn't surprised when I saw the PP notifications. I would say the customer experience is excellent and I would put Kitsune up there with Red Wine Audio, HeadphoneLounge, Moon Audio, and ALO in terms of personal care and passion for their products. It's always great to talk directly to the owner and getting personalized service when it comes to options, accessories, and shipping.

As an aside, I personally love seeing sole proprietors doing well through online shopping and services. It wasn't too long ago that industry experts were predicting the death of small local shops. Of course those same experts didn't realize that internet and technology could level the playing field.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #1,290 of 4,063
Thank you gentlemen, for all the responses.

I will contact Tim, just to make sure it does not show up while i am away on vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back