Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
May 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #1,261 of 4,063
Macedonia, Are you using a Intonia Industrial in your chain with the KTE L3/SU-1 ? The cables are very nice sounding, and built very well. My SU-1 came today, have not had time to play with it, I have to run out and get a AES/EBU Cable for now to connect to my Dac until my KTE L3 Arrives Then I'll connect via Hdmi I2S

May 25, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,262 of 4,063
Macedonia, Are you using a Intonia Industrial in your chain with the KTE L3/SU-1 ? The cables are very nice sounding, and built very well. My SU-1 came today, have not had time to play with it, I have to run out and get a AES/EBU Cable for now to connect to my Dac until my KTE L3 Arrives Then I'll connect via Hdmi I2S

Nope...I'm using the KTE USB cable from my iMac to the KTE-SU1 and the Supra HD5 HDMi i2s (0.5m) from my KTE SU-1 to my KTE L3 Spring DAC.

In case some aren't aware, but Tim also just released some XLR cables and boy are they beautifully put together! Sonically they are outstanding and some of the very best I've heard!
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/xlr-rca-interconnect/

May 26, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,263 of 4,063
My KTE SU-1 Is on the way, The KTE L3 should be soon, I'll check out your review later today, looking forward too it - I did get my Kitsune Xlr's and Intona industrial, The cables are very nice as well as the Kitsune USB, All made a very nice improvement, really opened up the sound, Really looking forward to the KTE L3 and SU-1
Thank's for checking..!

Just stopping by, looks like you are getting very similar components I have such as SU-1 (modded), Holo Spring L3, and Kitsune XLR cable, and I am sure you will be having a lot of enjoyable time once you have them all put together. One component I just added this week is the newly released Uptone IsoRegen, and this little device make a great improvement in overall SQ, and I would highly recommend take a closer look.

SU-1 backside.jpg
6ae5ea89-2e82-412d-83d1-98fa5915cb9e

May 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,265 of 4,063
Just stopping by, looks like you are getting very similar components I have such as SU-1 (modded), Holo Spring L3, and Kitsune XLR cable, and I am sure you will be having a lot of enjoyable time once you have them all put together. One component I just added this week is the newly released Uptone IsoRegen, and this little device make a great improvement in overall SQ, and I would highly recommend take a closer look.

6ae5ea89-2e82-412d-83d1-98fa5915cb9e
Did you have an Intona at one point or did you get right into the IsoRegen? The Kitsune XLR'S are very nice cables, and have a wonderful sound to them.

May 26, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #1,266 of 4,063
Did you have an Intona at one point or did you get right into the IsoRegen? The Kitsune XLR'S are very nice cables, and have a wonderful sound to them.

I didn't get the Intona, I eventually went with ifi iUSB3 Micro along with Gemini cable, and liked the improvement quite a bit, but IsoRegen I received earlier this week managed to improved the overall SQ even further. I was holding off purchasing Intona and was waiting for IsoRegen to be released, since it has great design concept in isolating noise from upstream sources, great clock and ultra low voltage regulators internally to regenerate clean signal to the output, when powering with LPS-1, it also isolates AC leakage current from AC power line, making the signal integrity extremely clean going into SU-1. I feel it could be the best USB grunge blocker on the market today, when combine with modded SU-1, can make a super combo for the Spring DAC.

May 27, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,267 of 4,063
Thought I would join this thread and start reading through it.

New amp coming soon and I think it will be worthy of a new dac.....this Holo Springs is on my short list and after a couple of pm's to a few people that I very much trust their opinions.....I have ended up here :)

Will try to work my way through this thread.

May 27, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,268 of 4,063
Thought I would join this thread and start reading through it.

New amp coming soon and I think it will be worthy of a new dac.....this Holo Springs is on my short list and after a couple of pm's to a few people that I very much trust their opinions.....I have ended up here :)

Will try to work my way through this thread.
Check my signature for my two main setups. Very happy with my Spring KTE 3. A bit more edgy/primary colors than the Yggy, but for some orchestral music, it is a tad more involving than the Yggy. Small differences overall, both very satisfying. I listen only to PCM in NOS mode, so I have nothing to say about DSD or upsampling modes.

May 28, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #1,269 of 4,063
Does anybody here use this dac with windows 7 and foobar.

Wondering if there are any issues with this.

May 28, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,271 of 4,063
No problems for me - worked well. The same with Windows 10, as well.

Great thanks for that....using Foobar and playing DSD also ?

May 29, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #1,273 of 4,063
Just received the Su-1 and straight away the sound quality just goes up another level with the i2S. More detailed, especially in the lower frequencies, wider soundstage, definitely has improved depth.

May 30, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #1,275 of 4,063
I'm using Windows 10 and Foobar2000. I don't have much content in DSD, but no problem playing it.

You will need to get the requisite output components for foobar2000, but that's it.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back