HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 18, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #20,071 of 21,867
What about unstacking the Yggy and Rag and putting them on either side of the desk with the monitor in-between them? At least then you could center everything.
I actually 3D scetched my desk before i bought the monitor. every thing is in scale(the schiits are of by a few milimeters as i rushed them, also I didnt bother creating an yggy.) So i never actually tried splitting them, but it looked to cramped on the photo.

split_amp.png stacked_amp.png upright_amp.PNG

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #20,073 of 21,867
I actually 3D scetched my desk before i bought the monitor. every thing is in scale(the schiits are of by a few milimeters as i rushed them, also I didnt bother creating an yggy.) So i never actually tried splitting them, but it looked to cramped on the photo.

Those are some nice renders.

I think you should at least try the centered option. Doesn't it bug you sitting closer to one speaker vs the other? The monitor arm is also a great idea, if your monitor supports vesa mounting. I used one for my two monitors on my desk and it gives me a lot more usable desk space.

Also, instead of the omega style headphone stand, have you considered going with a Brainwavz underside mount for your desk, or one of their clamps? I use the double sided mount with my HE-6. (one side for headphones, the other side for coiling up the cable. Works really well and keeps everything out of the way and off the desk.

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/truss-the-dual-headphone-hanger

Jul 23, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #20,075 of 21,867
Getting an under desk style mount since you get them for cheap$ on eBay.
Also getting some longer interconnects to try out a centered option along with some speaker cables and an after market headphone cable for the HE-6. All cables are Nordost Red Dawn for those wondering.
Thanks for the inputs :)

Jul 23, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #20,076 of 21,867
Hello,
I have received a Little Dot 6... and really appreciate the He-6 with it... The headphone takes body...
Actually I take pleasure on this association, and with the Audio GD NFB27H or Precision 1 (on the connexion for speakers )...
I heard recently to a pair of HE 1000v2 (excellent for baroque music! And a real progress from the version 1) and finally, on different styles of music I think the HE-6 is not very far off... On complex music i prefer them, for a better balance

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #20,077 of 21,867
Hello,

what are the best Pads for the HE-6? I have the Brainwavz Sheepskin angled. But i think there must be better Pads for the HE-6s.

For my HE-500 i have the Alpha Pads, and i love them. Maybe i buy another pair for the HE-6.
But i have read that many have the Ori Pads.

I live in Germany so i pay around 90.- for a Pair of Alpha Pads and Ori Pads.

Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #20,078 of 21,867
Hello,

what are the best Pads for the HE-6? I have the Brainwavz Sheepskin angled. But i think there must be better Pads for the HE-6s.

For my HE-500 i have the Alpha Pads, and i love them. Maybe i buy another pair for the HE-6.

Thank you

I used the Alpha pads for a long time, but have switched to these Dekoni pads, which offer better detail and soundstage:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N02FMFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't tried the Ori pads but would be interested to comparisons among those and Alpha and Dekoni.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #20,079 of 21,867
Hello,

Thank you
Which sonic improvements are you looking for?

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #20,080 of 21,867
No sonic improvements. But i want the best for my best Headphones. Maybe someone switched from HM5 sheepskin and can tell the differences.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #20,081 of 21,867
No sonic improvements. But i want the best for my best Headphones. Maybe someone switched from HM5 sheepskin and can tell the differences.
Well, fair enough, but if you don't know what to improve I would think you are happy with the sound? If someone says that x is better than y, but don't qualify the statement, then you might feel the opposite when you hear the two yourself.

If you have an idea what you want to improve, then it will point in certain directions and the guys in this thread may have an idea what you want more of or less of and know what to recommend or advice against. For instance if you want better imaging and resolution, use fabric (velour or micro suede) instead of leather/pleater since the first absorbs more of the high frequencies and the latter is more reflective (causing a slight timing distortion). If you want a darker overall tone with more bass, use a pad with smaller opening (inner dimension). If you want a more open sound with less bass emphasis, then get a pad with larger opening. If you want it even more open sounding with even less bass, get a velour or micro suede pad.

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #20,082 of 21,867
Getting an under desk style mount since you get them for cheap$ on eBay.
Also getting some longer interconnects to try out a centered option along with some speaker cables and an after market headphone cable for the HE-6. All cables are Nordost Red Dawn for those wondering.
Thanks for the inputs :)

Stacking audio decks isn't something I'd do. I'd avoid that if possible. On a side note, I have great memories with those KEFs LS50 you have. Great speakers for the price.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #20,083 of 21,867
Stacking audio decks isn't something I'd do. I'd avoid that if possible. On a side note, I have great memories with those KEFs LS50 you have. Great speakers for the price.
They do get hot so getting a little more heat dissipation will probably be fine. But the raggy/yggy is designed to be stacked so it should work anyway.
For me I don't think there are any better speakers in my tiny room. Had to remove my sub when I got them because they have enough slam on their own. If I get a bigger place and I feel them lacking, the next in line is probably something like a KEF Reference 1.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #20,084 of 21,867
A shameless plug:
Im selling my HE6.It still has a transferable warranty from HiFiMan...probably the last HE6 on the planet with warranty.
Zero hours on brand new factory installed drivers.
No mods
mint condition.
PM if interested.

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #20,085 of 21,867
A shameless plug:
Im selling my HE6.It still has a transferable warranty from HiFiMan...probably the last HE6 on the planet with warranty.
Zero hours on brand new factory installed drivers.
No mods
mint condition.
PM if interested.

Hey, hold on there a second. My HE-6 was purchased brand-new from Upscale Audio in November 2016 and still has a warranty as well. No mods. Only difference is... mine's not for sale. :beerchug:

Good luck with the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back