= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 8, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #17,732 of 21,174
Hi All,
I was trying to find whether there have been any good EQ profiles, fellow head-fiers have created for HE-560.
I did a search, but seems like it is all over the place (so many search results for 'eq', but very little detail regarding the profile)

Would really help, if you guys could share your EQ profiles, if any. Do let me know if a separate thread makes more sense for this or not.(Perhaps having a link to some EQ profile in the OP, might make sense?)

EDIT:
Secondly, I see that there are quite a few people who have mentioned using HE-560 with their Geekout dac/amps. Would be interested in knowing whether you are using the balanced out for HE-560 (with balanced cables? - Anyone bought them from VE)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #17,733 of 21,174
Hi All,
I was trying to find whether there have been any good EQ profiles, fellow head-fiers have created for HE-560.
I did a search, but seems like it is all over the place (so many search results for 'eq', but very little detail regarding the profile)

Would really help, if you guys could share your EQ profiles, if any. Do let me know if a separate thread makes more sense for this or not.(Perhaps having a link to some EQ profile in the OP, might make sense?)

EDIT:
Secondly, I see that there are quite a few people who have mentioned using HE-560 with their Geekout dac/amps. Would be interested in knowing whether you are using the balanced out for HE-560 (with balanced cables? - Anyone bought them from VE)

Unfortunately, for the most part this thread is about amp (and even source) matching. You may want to have a look at Post #17427 for the EQ settings I use. Good luck!

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #17,734 of 21,174
Unfortunately, for the most part this thread is about amp (and even source) matching. You may want to have a look at Post #17427 for the EQ settings I use. Good luck!
Thanks a ton for the post number suggestion (please note, however that the link which you have put doesn't work)

With regards to amping, I'm looking to hear specifically about how they fare with balanced out on geekout v2 and its variants. Can someone chime in? (Also, anyone got their balanced cables from VE)?

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #17,735 of 21,174
Not sure, where to post this, but for those who have been always interested about HE-560, and are yet to get them, there seems to be a great deal on Walmart for these headphones (399$):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HIFIMAN-HE560-Over-Ear-Full-size-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones/51251704

It seems to be sold by a seller with no ratings in Walmart. But, they seem to be genuine (they even have a store in Amazon). But, the only question is whether these are resellers, as they don't seem to be listed in the distributors list for HiFi Man. But, I guess it shouldn't be a problem, as there is a 30 days return available for the product.

Anyone has experience with buying electronic goods from Walmart? Would the Walmart Care Plan (4 years extended care) make sense, or would it be a waste of money?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #17,736 of 21,174
Would the Walmart Care Plan (4 years extended care) make sense, or would it be a waste of money?

Most likely a waste of money unless you will keep the headphones that long. The warranty is 1 year so you are buying 3 additional years, but how does it work, what is covered? I would really want to know how they support the warranty and what type of exceptions, the claims process all that stuff factors into the value of the warranty. Ultimately if they sell it, it is because it works for them more than it does the customer. Still, if you feel comfortable with the program (make sure you understand everything about it first) and you have the money and want to keep the headphone that long, go for it. Otherwise, not likely a good investment.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #17,737 of 21,174
Most likely a waste of money unless you will keep the headphones that long. The warranty is 1 year so you are buying 3 additional years, but how does it work, what is covered? I would really want to know how they support the warranty and what type of exceptions, the claims process all that stuff factors into the value of the warranty. Ultimately if they sell it, it is because it works for them more than it does the customer. Still, if you feel comfortable with the program (make sure you understand everything about it first) and you have the money and want to keep the headphone that long, go for it. Otherwise, not likely a good investment.

They claim to cover normal wear and tear only. No accidental claim. There is an option for a lower 3 year plan as well. I am unlikely to sell them in a couple of years, and considering that some have reported build quality concerns with He-560 , is why I was considering this. Having said that, if they claim say a headband breaking or channel imbalance happening was not wear and tear, but accident, then it would become a problem.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #17,738 of 21,174
They claim to cover normal wear and tear only. No accidental claim. There is an option for a lower 3 year plan as well. I am unlikely to sell them in a couple of years, and considering that some have reported build quality concerns with He-560 , is why I was considering this. Having said that, if they claim say a headband breaking or channel imbalance happening was not wear and tear, but accident, then it would become a problem.

Yes wear and tear is up to them to decide and it is very hard to anticipate how they will be. I would see how many testimonials if any you can find from people who have bought the warranty on electronics. As I said, it is a profit generating product for them, that is why they sell it. That isn't to say that you would never benefit from it, but statistically speaking it is unlikely. I owned an HE-560 and very much liked it and thought the build quality was fine. The other thing they never tell you is about how lengthy the claims process is, who pays shipping and other annoyances. Tread carefully with warranty plans is all I can say. I used to sell them at Best Buy on computers, they really made it part of our weekly review to push those warranties so that should tell you something.

Now to be fair, when people had to make warranty claims the vast majority of the time Best Buy and before that Futureshop (bought by Best Buy) were actually very good about honouring the warranty.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #17,739 of 21,174
Yes wear and tear is up to them to decide and it is very hard to anticipate how they will be. I would see how many testimonials if any you can find from people who have bought the warranty on electronics. As I said, it is a profit generating product for them, that is why they sell it. That isn't to say that you would never benefit from it, but statistically speaking it is unlikely. I owned an HE-560 and very much liked it and thought the build quality was fine. The other thing they never tell you is about how lengthy the claims process is, who pays shipping and other annoyances. Tread carefully with warranty plans is all I can say. I used to sell them at Best Buy on computers, they really made it part of our weekly review to push those warranties so that should tell you something.

Now to be fair, when people had to make warranty claims the vast majority of the time Best Buy and before that Futureshop (bought by Best Buy) were actually very good about honouring the warranty.

Yeah. Unfortunately, was not able to find much information on them, especially the headphones. (A few reviews there were positive w.r.t Tv care) Heard it from a distant friend that Walmart, was bad for buying electronics due to bad experience with buying tv in the past.

So, seems all over the place at the moment.

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #17,740 of 21,174
If it's not a Hifiman authorized dealer, the warrantee may not be valid, in which case you'd want the Walmart plan.

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #17,741 of 21,174
Yah, just looking at that link man that low price concerns me. Almost certainly you would expect these are B stock, or refurbished units. There has to be a reason for such a drastic price difference, but I could be wrong of course. I would want to call that vendor and ask exactly what you will be getting and if they are guaranteed to be original factory fresh units. I agree with doctorjazz, if they are an unauthorized dealer and the likely lack of manufacturer warranty that goes along with that, the extended warranty from Walmart is almost a must have. Just be careful. If Walmart only assumes the coverage beginning in the second year and you have an issue in the first year without coverage, I suspect you have to wait. I could be wrong, but I have sold and bought extended warranties on electronics on many occasions and typically it is the second year that kicks in with them as it is assumed the first year is with the manufacturer so clarify this with Walmart first.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #17,742 of 21,174
Yah, just looking at that link man that low price concerns me. Almost certainly you would expect these are B stock, or refurbished units. There has to be a reason for such a drastic price difference, but I could be wrong of course. I would want to call that vendor and ask exactly what you will be getting and if they are guaranteed to be original factory fresh units. I agree with doctorjazz, if they are an unauthorized dealer and the likely lack of manufacturer warranty that goes along with that, the extended warranty from Walmart is almost a must have. Just be careful. If Walmart only assumes the coverage beginning in the second year and you have an issue in the first year without coverage, I suspect you have to wait. I could be wrong, but I have sold and bought extended warranties on electronics on many occasions and typically it is the second year that kicks in with them as it is assumed the first year is with the manufacturer so clarify this with Walmart first.
Thanks. I'll get that clarification from Wal-Mart. Yet to get any response from the seller.

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #17,743 of 21,174
Thanks. I'll get that clarification from Wal-Mart. Yet to get any response from the seller.
Let us know how it works out. If you end up needing another vendor I purchased my HE 560 from Razordog Audio and was very pleased all round.

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #17,745 of 21,174
How much did you get them for? They are authorized dealers, I suppose.

Currently, seems like the HE-560 is sold out there.
You can e-mail Brian at info@razordogaudio.com and see if he has any specials running. If he is sold out I'm sure he can at least give you an accurate time when he will have stock again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back