Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #8,851 of 15,897
Also as it's bypassing the X5 amp, dac, player and decoders you might as well stick all the files on a USB stick (converted to 24/96 flac) and leave it in the car. :confused:

Do not agree. I did this a while (...converting my library to 320 mp3).

To reduce the efforts I therefore was using some softwaretools for syncing the usb-stick. But even if I were more consequent in synchronizing, at least (growing) playlists were not possible.

At last I bought the X5 iii and connected it to my car's stereo. Now I can even play Tidal offline content.

I think Tidal might be the one thing, that the Audi-WiFi could not handle.

Regards
Günter

May 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #8,852 of 15,897
I almost pulled the trigger on that amp until a friendly user reminded me that via PM :)

Speaking of...what does that really do??.....Neutron is now not borking when direct driver and follow freq are both selected. I love the FiiO player but I love love Neutron for the EQ

I have no problem ticking both direct drive and follow source boxes. I'm on fw 1.1.5

I need to check the unit I just bought for a friend.

Heres a pic of pha-3 and x5 stacked. Hi-f light is on

Edit: this was connected through usb otg

0511171153_zpsabcvvnip.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #8,854 of 15,897
Well, I just tried to output via Digital Coax from Fiio X5iii to Mojo using PowerAmp (from Fiio store) and unlocked (as I have purchased prior). High-Res is being re-sampled to 48Khz. Using the Fiio app, it is being sent properly.
0511171610a.jpg 0511171611.jpg

May 11, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #8,856 of 15,897
I have no problem ticking both direct drive and follow source boxes. I'm on fw 1.1.5

I need to check the unit I just bought for a friend.

Heres a pic of pha-3 and x5 stacked. Hi-f light is on

Edit: this was connected through usb otg

0511171153_zpsabcvvnip.jpg

Nice pic bro!

Thanks for that.
That confirms it. :frowning2:

Confirms what?

Neutron is not re-sampling (confirmed by PHA-3)
FiiO player is not re--sampling

Poweramp is re-sampling

May 11, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #8,857 of 15,897
Dear Brian A,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Could you please tell us what's the DLNA server you are using? We will try to improve this issue in later firmware. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

I am using Serviio Pro ver. 1.8. I have used this server for years with many DLNA clients without any problems.

May 11, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #8,858 of 15,897
I suspect that you have your profiles set up wrong on your server. My default profile includes FLAC and my X5 can see all my FLAC files on my server.
I don't know which DLNA server you have, but here is some information about DLNA profiles from Plex:https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73702/writing-profiles-for-dlna-devices

I am using Serviio Pro ver. 1.8. Thanks for the link, but I have been using this DLNA server for years with it's default DLNA profile without any issues. I have used at least ten different clients, and they have all recognized my FLAC files.

May 11, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #8,859 of 15,897
@superuser1 - Dunu DN2000 , you do not find neutral ? just curious

@mandrake50 - Yes Sony 1000 is something i look for. See there is always a "diminishing margin on return to $". So someone say my player at work and told me why didn't i buy mp3 player, and all of my explanation etc didn't make him understand whats the point of spending so much. it was to him does it give you such high returns??? . So no judgement, but i personally feel people put price points to various things. I will only spend X$ on one thing, and anything above it seems overspending or unnecessary, and all people have their own "X". I might feel $300 for Meze is worth it, and someone finds $1000 as right worth of some other brand. (though i too cannot afford Sony :) )

[

I just butchered the quote. As a response, yes we all have our limits and budgets. My thoughts on this are these. When I am listening portable, I seldom have the ability to listen critically. I want something that sounds "good" especially tonality, but the ultimate in response or "sound stage" is not really critical. I am mostly paying attention to surviving... or doing my job, with not enough attention span to divide up for listening to nuances. I have some decent desktop gear, but never even think of listening to IEMs on it. So, other than just spending money, for me, I don't see the point.
Just as an example, I got some new tips for the MDR EX 1000 today. Fired up the X5III and found it was more of a hassle that it was worth to play the fitment, analysis, game. I plugged in the 1More triples and listened all day happily. I know I did not spend one second considering soundstage or frequency response during the entire day. I was building servers... but it was nice to have music going... :beyersmile:

I guess it is all about what works for any particular person. Not the cost. I can only speak for myself. Obviously!!

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #8,861 of 15,897
May 12, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #8,863 of 15,897
I am using Serviio Pro ver. 1.8. Thanks for the link, but I have been using this DLNA server for years with it's default DLNA profile without any issues. I have used at least ten different clients, and they have all recognized my FLAC files.
A quick google shows that there may also be generic Android profiles which transcode to mp3. You may be getting one of those instead.
Basically your server changes it's config to match what it thinks the client needs and that may be going wrong - so just because it works for one client, doesn't mean it will work for everything under the sun.
Here is a quote from the Serviio "Getting Started" page which may help:
"You can select the appropriate profile in the Status section. You will see a list of devices that were found on your network. If your device has been recognized and a proper profile has been determined you can start viewing your content. In other cases you might have to select a profile for the found device, by clicking the Edit button."

May 12, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #8,864 of 15,897
Well, I just tried to output via Digital Coax from Fiio X5iii to Mojo using PowerAmp (from Fiio store) and unlocked (as I have purchased prior). High-Res is being re-sampled to 48Khz. Using the Fiio app, it is being sent properly.

Hi WayTooCrazy,

I have the same third-party app's S/PDIF problem as the following post of the FiiO forum.
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41957&page=1#pid118555

The following is the audio_policy.conf file of X5 3rd. This may not matter.

Code:
# Global configuration section: lists input and output devices always present on the device
# as well as the output device selected by default.
# Devices are designated by a string that corresponds to the enum in audio.h

global_configuration {
  attached_output_devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPDIF
  default_output_device AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER
  attached_input_devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC
}

# audio hardware module section: contains descriptors for all audio hw modules present on the
# device. Each hw module node is named after the corresponding hw module library base name.
# For instance, "primary" corresponds to audio.primary.<device>.so.
# The "primary" module is mandatory and must include at least one output with
# AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY flag.
# Each module descriptor contains one or more output profile descriptors and zero or more
# input profile descriptors. Each profile lists all the parameters supported by a given output
# or input stream category.
# The "channel_masks", "formats", "devices" and "flags" are specified using strings corresponding
# to enums in audio.h and audio_policy.h. They are concatenated by use of "|" without space or "\n".

audio_hw_modules {
  primary {
    outputs {
      primary {
        sampling_rates 44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPDIF
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY
      }
      hifi_direct {
        sampling_rates 6000|8000|11025|22050|16000|24000|32000|64000|128000|44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_FLOAT|AUDIO_FORMAT_DSD64|AUDIO_FORMAT_DSD128|AUDIO_FORMAT_DSD256
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPDIF
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT
      }    
    }
    inputs {
      primary {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BLUETOOTH_SCO_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET
      }
    }
  }
  a2dp {
    outputs {
      a2dp {
        sampling_rates 44100
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP
      }
    }
  }
  alsa_usb {
    outputs {
      alsa_usb {
        sampling_rates 44100|48000
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET
      }
    }
    inputs {
      alsa_usb {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET
      }
    }
  }
  usb {