Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 12, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #8,881 of 15,897
You guys are persistent :) I honestly have no idea how FiiO did this, or it could simply be a case of having a audio_policy.conf that no one follows ...

A simple test:

1) Install Stellio from Play Store,
2) Install 3C System Tuner from Play Store,
3) Play a 192k music file from FiiO,
4) Switch to 3C and go to the "Logs" button,
5) Watch the logs and pause and play with the hardware button,
6) Watch for AudioFlinger-thread messages, you will see information of the sample rate that was pass to the subsystem
7) With Stellio, turn off any form of sound processing, like EQ, crossfade, etc.
8) Play the same 192k music and watch the 3C logs while you play, pause.
9) You can try the same track with say PowerAmp and see what rate audioflinger is getting...

May 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #8,882 of 15,897
@superuser1 - Dunu DN2000 , you do not find neutral ? just curious

@New Fiio Owner - My bad i said Meze, as Meze 99 which many of us end up praising. So i meant headphones not earphones. However, my requirement was instead to look for an IEM now. As my current set of in-ears are not giving me same joy as Meze 99 and searching one that gives similar sound as Meze and lot more mobility, that too under a certain budget and hopefully with a mmcx connector. (i already have balanced cables :frowning2: )

@dsrk - I would check 1more for sure, have you tried Magaosi? Thanks

@mandrake50 - Yes Sony 1000 is something i look for. See there is always a "diminishing margin on return to $". So someone say my player at work and told me why didn't i buy mp3 player, and all of my explanation etc didn't make him understand whats the point of spending so much. it was to him does it give you such high returns??? . So no judgement, but i personally feel people put price points to various things. I will only spend X$ on one thing, and anything above it seems overspending or unnecessary, and all people have their own "X". I might feel $300 for Meze is worth it, and someone finds $1000 as right worth of some other brand. (though i too cannot afford Sony :) )

@JaeYoon - Trinity Phantom i would for sure check it feels little out of my budget :D . Thank you.

Westone 40 in my country is for 900$ USD :frowning2:..... so for sure out of my budget

You can try 1more triple driver or even quad driver. Nice sound and worth the money. Have not tried the quad driver though, I have the triple driver only.

May 12, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #8,885 of 15,897
May 12, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #8,886 of 15,897
Very succinctly explained. It's time the 3rd party app makers be requested for a AK specific driver.

FiiO's comment.
Dear nekromantik,

If some third party APPs have their own decoding library and down sampling the songs, it is not affected by the X5III but the software itself. If the third party APP doesn't have decoding library, it will use our decoding library instead and the X5III have no SRC for it.

Best regards

I will imagine the following from FiiO's comment .
But I do not have technical knowledge of the audio system.
Please point them out.

3rd Party App -> sends HD stream to DAC -> do i know this DAC model and its specs ? do i have a driver ? oh no i don't -> if App has setting of "force system decoder use" -> use X5 3rd's custom generic driver -> sends HD stream natively to the DAC.

May 12, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #8,887 of 15,897
Drive-by note: Tuff-Luv is taking pre-orders for the X5III/A5 case. They indicate it will begin shipping in about 3 weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been hitting their site practically daily waiting for this to show up and on the ONE day I don't check... :)

I'm definitely ordering the X5III/A5 case. Now I just have to decide if I want the X5III case as well.

May 12, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #8,888 of 15,897
Nice pic bro!

Confirms what?

Neutron is not re-sampling (confirmed by PHA-3)
FiiO player is not re--sampling

Poweramp is re-sampling
Hello, can i ask something? i use Neutron player, not the fiio player... is the neutron not-resampling as default or must i check some settings? in pic is my current Neutron setup, i hope for best sound...
or i am wrong? thanks for help, nice day...

Joseph
Nice pic bro!

Confirms what?

Neutron is not re-sampling (confirmed by PHA-3)
FiiO player is not re--sampling

Poweramp is re-sampling

hello, can i ask something? is neutron not resampling as default or must be something checned in settings? here are my settings... thank you for help...

Joseph

Attachments

• 20170512_201154.jpg
    20170512_201154.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170512_201210.jpg
    20170512_201210.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170512_201221.jpg
    20170512_201221.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170512_201256.jpg
    20170512_201256.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170512_201305.jpg
    20170512_201305.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 0
May 12, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #8,889 of 15,897
Thanks for the heads up. I've been hitting their site practically daily waiting for this to show up and on the ONE day I don't check... :)

I'm definitely ordering the X5III/A5 case. Now I just have to decide if I want the X5III case as well.

The Tan X5III case is made of real leather and is better quality. I have them for my Note 3 and X5II, both of which are pretty old now, however, the cases are still like new.

I have their rawhide case for my Tab S, this case just improves with age.

May 12, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #8,892 of 15,897
The Tan X5III case is made of real leather and is better quality. I have them for my Note 3 and X5II, both of which are pretty old now, however, the cases are still like new.

I have their rawhide case for my Tab S, this case just improves with age.

I appreciate the recommendation. I considered ordering the real leather case but I just don't like the colour of it (first world problem, I know). I ended up pulling the trigger on both the stacked and the player-only faux-leather cases. If they ever offer a real leather case that is black (or a deeper brown) then I might order one.

May 12, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #8,893 of 15,897
X5 and Viper Effects

Somehow... I thought I had read that the "Tube Sound" effect offered different selections of output tube simulations you could try. So... I paid for the module - and it does have a nice subtle sound - but it only has one selection. Not multiples. Can anyone confirm or deny what the real answer is?

Thanks in advance.

May 12, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #8,894 of 15,897
For Fiio Support

Album Art Issue: I finally got all of my music tracks load - mostly WMA10 VBR files. Both 128gb cards full and functioning. In order to get it to read all of the album art, I had to un-embed the album art from each individual track and place one jpg image named Folder.jpg in each album folder. If the single file is NOT in each folder it will not display the album art or randomly displays the art. If it is both embedded in the individual tracks and an image in the folder - no album art displayed. Only removing all embedded art and moving it to a single jpg file within the folder - did it work - everytime.

A suggestion: Once you select an album or folder and tap on its Album Art icon, it displays all of the tracks - each with the same album art (kind of redundant). It would be a much more nicer looking interface if you deleted the small album art renditions and replaced it with a larger image at the top of the screen with the tracks listed below. Just a suggestion.

Other than these two quirks, interface is very nice and the sound is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back