Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 16, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #7,666 of 15,897

Yes i use Foobar2000 to play .WV

What if you renamed those files to ".wav"?

it would illicit a response which would look exactly like your avatar 
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #7,668 of 15,897

I don't know the advantages of WV, but seems like having a collection if FLAC would make it compatible with more devices and make the whole process less of a hassle 
biggrin.gif

Or was WV a good / better container for something exotic like DSD or DXD or similar? 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #7,669 of 15,897

I don't know the advantages of WV, but seems like having a collection if FLAC would make it compatible with more devices and make the whole process less of a hassle 
biggrin.gif

Or was WV a good / better container for something exotic like DSD or DXD or similar? 
wink.gif

Lol no such thing and from what i have learnt .WV is a resource hog. I just had a Floyd Album : A Momentary Lapse of Reason" in wavpack format and therefore used foobar to play it. I am mostly sorted with FLAC and DSD/ DSF files. :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #7,670 of 15,897

Apparently Dignis and Tuf Luv are working on their versions for the X5III. I want a nicer one, too.

The folks at Tuf-Luv said that they should have a X5 III/E12 (or A5) case ready for market on or about May 1.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #7,671 of 15,897
Foobar 2000 assistance!!!  I'm toying with a few 3rd party players.  Does FB-2000 have a "play through folders" option?  so far, all I can do is play a single album, then it stops.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #7,674 of 15,897
  Help.. My x5 won't connect to my iphone 7 plus via bluetooth . it says on my iphone that the x5 is not supported?.is this a common issue?.

Are you trying to get it for internet access or music library? I'm not sure if it does the latter. I just tried it with my S6 edge and while it does work it only provides internet access.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #7,675 of 15,897
Here we go:

You can download TWRP (custom recovery) for FiiO X5-III here.
SuperSU package (root) for installing through TWRP is here.

Brief instructions:
- Unzip twrp-2.8.5.0-X5.zip, install drivers (run DriverInstall.exe);
- Power off the X5, connect it to the computer via USB while holding the Previous track button.
- Start AndroidTool.exe, make sure that only  checkbox #2 is checked and LOADER device is found;
(for flashing stock recovery just untick #2 checkbox and choose #3 - recovery_stock.img).
- Press <Run> button, wait till flash operation is completed;
- Go to Advanced function tab and click <ResetDevice> button.
- We're done.

To enter custom recovery:
- Power off the X5;
- Push Previous track button, Play/Pause Button and Power button simultaneously.
- Wait 5 sec, release Power button;
- Wait till logo appears and then release all buttons.

The guide about using TWRP is here.

Enjoy!

If you appreciate my work, you can donate at the website in my sig...
Thank you.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #7,676 of 15,897
If you already need a better phone, then of course the V20 is a better investment. I enjoy and think it sounds very nice, almost like a Tube amp and has a very liquid sound and feel to it. It is an enjoyable phone especially with headphones that compliment it. I tried it, headphone out into the Audeze Deckard and purchased the Deckard on the spot (driving my LCD-2F with the Deckard). Then I tried the DAC in the Deckard and noticed that while it had more detail, the V20 still sounded more "tube like" to me. That is pretty much where my love affair with the V20 ends. I prefer the X5iii to it, and the Mojo as well. I do not "yet" have a favorite between the Mojo and X5iii, but if I were told I had to choose one of those 3 devices for listening to music and that is it. It would be the X5iii, as I prefer to not stack. I also think the V20 does have robust power, but it isn't linear, nor is it "full". It can drive harder headphones but depending on the headphone, it will reduce the "fullness" on them for loudness. I'd prefer something more like the X5iii which may not be "as loud", but maintains integrity. The Mojo does well here too. Just my 2 cents, but your best bet is to grab your headphones and head over to your local carrier that has the phone and stream music or anything you can to it to try it out in person before purchasing.

Because of my tight budget I have to take a viable decision.I will first go to a near store and compare v20 with my first gen x5(cannot try x5 3rd only available online).if they both sound same quality I will go for 3rd gen and if I find any improvements on v20,I will buy v20.thanks for the help bro.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #7,677 of 15,897
It worth. I owned X5iii and sold it to get DX200.

X5iii surpasss many DAPs in his price rate up to 1000$ but DX200 surpass many DAPs that cost more than itself too.

I still in love with X5iii sound which smooth and sweet which I can't find it in my DX200 but DX200 give me a delicate, reference sound which X5iii can't give me.

I don't say that X5iii is bad.
My intention is both DAP are giant killer DAP in their price range.

But it just my comment plus my taste of listening and pairing. With different ears, taste, headphones, I may judge in opposite way.
Not that equal, X5iii still get over this phone in many categories eventhough not a hugh step.

But from other dactor, I recommend you to get new phone which you'll get many profits for your life then you can aim for higher DAP later. In my opinion, V20 can compare to DAPs in range of x3ii which is great for smartphone.

Thanks for the advice bro...

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #7,678 of 15,897
Because of my tight budget I have to take a viable decision.I will first go to a near store and compare v20 with my first gen x5(cannot try x5 3rd only available online).if they both sound same quality I will go for 3rd gen and if I find any improvements on v20,I will buy v20.thanks for the help bro.

If you are indeed looking for a phone upgrade at the same time, you will not regret purchasing the V20. It sounds great with my VE Monks, TH-X00, SHP9500, and Audeze Sine. The LCD-2 and VE Zen 2.0 are a little more finicky.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #7,679 of 15,897
Here we go:

You can download TWRP (custom recovery) for FiiO X5-III here.
SuperSU package (root) for installing through TWRP is here.

Brief instructions:
- Unzip twrp-2.8.5.0-X5.zip, install drivers (run DriverInstall.exe);
- Power off the X5, connect it to the computer via USB while holding the Previous track button.
- Start AndroidTool.exe, make sure that only  checkbox #2 is checked and LOADER device is found;
(for flashing stock recovery just untick #2 checkbox and choose #3 - recovery_stock.img).
- Press button, wait till flash operation is completed;
- Go to Advanced function tab and click button.
- We're done.

To enter custom recovery:
- Power off the X5;
- Push Previous track button, Play/Pause Button and Power button simultaneously.
- Wait 5 sec, release Power button;
- Wait till logo appears and then release all buttons.

The guide about using TWRP is here.

Enjoy!

If you appreciate my work, you can donate at the website in my sig...
Thank you.

man you are way too awesome!!!. Where is the donation link, I could not find it in your signature. PM me if this is wrong to ask in this manner.

REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back