DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #7,081 of 22,021
Then why post here. I use the 200 every day with zero issues. Also the latest FW sounds excellent.

Not me. Once I had a problem and resolved it thanks this great forum. The device did not want to boot stopping at 'DX200 REFERENCE DAP' description. I was able to repair it using the batch tool procedure. But the problem was coming back for not known reasons. Funny that after certain period of time of not using the dx200, sometimes it started as it should. Now I can't even use the batch tool while the device manager does not see the device at all. No possibility to boot, not to repair, just one way to sent it back with this ironic REFERENCE DAP description blocked on the screen.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #7,082 of 22,021
Not me. Once I had a problem and resolved it thanks this great forum. The device did not want to boot stopping at 'DX200 REFERENCE DAP' description. I was able to repair it using the batch tool procedure. But the problem was coming back for not known reasons. Funny that after certain period of time of not using the dx200, sometimes it started as it should. Now I can't even use the batch tool while the device manager does not see the device at all. No possibility to boot, not to repair, just one way to sent it back with this ironic REFERENCE DAP description blocked on the screen.
Try doing this: Pres play/pause and then the ON button. It should start on Android Mode. This is a trick learned from Lurker's instructions to install his Modified FW (Which Works like a charm BTW)

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #7,083 of 22,021
IMG_6408.PNG
Hey man! Layman1 here. Living up to my username lol. Where and how do I download the latest FW onto the DX200? Note that I'm using it exclusively in Mango thus far and have never enabled (or at least consciously used) wifi on it :)
How goes it Layman1, go to the Ibasso web site and download the update file direct from there. There are two zip files, one will tell you what is in the update and how to install it. The other one is the one you drop into your ad card. I think Expatinjapan explains in better detail in his review. Hope this helps you out

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #7,084 of 22,021
Still no details about AMP3 or AMP4?

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #7,085 of 22,021
Jul 20, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #7,086 of 22,021
How goes it Layman1, go to the Ibasso web site and download the update file direct from there. There are two zip files, one will tell you what is in the update and how to install it. The other one is the one you drop into your ad card. I think Expatinjapan explains in better detail in his review. Hope this helps you out
For some strange reason, I can't get my unit to update firmware. I am still on the first firmware it came with. At first I was having problems with the swiping issue but, it seems to have corrected itself. I am desperate for the latest firmware update but, I can't seem to figure out the problem.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #7,087 of 22,021
For some strange reason, I can't get my unit to update firmware. I am still on the first firmware it came with. At first I was having problems with the swiping issue but, it seems to have corrected itself. I am desperate for the latest firmware update but, I can't seem to figure out the problem.
I had a bit of difficulty at first and was about to give up with it. Not sure what I did right the last time, but it worked. Have you taken the ad card out and put it in a reader? Keep trying, I got really frustrated and then it loaded with me still scraping my head. Don't give up the faith :ksc75smile:

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #7,088 of 22,021

OTA update still not available. You need to download from iBasso Website first and put it in the first level of directory of device.
Also you need to unzip the file to get the real update.zip for install. Hope it helps

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #7,089 of 22,021
Hi again all,
Assuming I can get it to work, does this FW update change anything if I'm just using the Mango OS only?
As in does it change/improve the sound signature and if so, how? :)
And/or does it add any new functionality etc?

Thanks!

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #7,090 of 22,021
Hi again all,
Assuming I can get it to work, does this FW update change anything if I'm just using the Mango OS only?
As in does it change/improve the sound signature and if so, how? :)
And/or does it add any new functionality etc?

Thanks!
Aren't you on the latest FW? You should have let me know at the show and I could have gone through the FW update with you. The latest FW is the best I have had the DX200 sound on either Android or Mango.

All you have to do is download the FW, unzip the file and use the zip file you find in the folder. There are also instructions there on how to do the update.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #7,091 of 22,021
Aren't you on the latest FW? You should have let me know at the show and I could have gone through the FW update with you. The latest FW is the best I have had the DX200 sound on either Android or Mango.

All you have to do is download the FW, unzip the file and use the zip file you find in the folder. There are also instructions there on how to do the update.

Thanks for the swift reply! :D
I've no idea what FW I'm running, I just heard talk of an exciting new update and thought I wouldn't be on it.
Just logged onto the iBasso website and it says the latest FW for DX200 is V2.3.125
When I've gone into the advanced menu on Mango and selected system info, it says I'm on Firmware version: V1.6.6 (!)
Is this because I'm looking in Mango rather than Android? Or I'm just really out of date lol?
What does yours say in Mango? :)
I've tried switching it to Android and looking in the settings, but can't find the FW version listed anywhere.. :S

EDIT: I seem to have found a way to run Mango from within Android and that's listing the FW as version V2.1.10
More strangeness..

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #7,092 of 22,021
Another issue I do not understand. On the Android level the information is that the FW version is 2.3.125, certainly afer downloading the last one. At the same time on the Mango App under Android there is an information in System Info : FW version 2.1.10.
Thanks for the swift reply! :D
I've no idea what FW I'm running, I just heard talk of an exciting new update and thought I wouldn't be on it.
Just logged onto the iBasso website and it says the latest FW for DX200 is V2.3.125
When I've gone into the advanced menu on Mango and selected system info, it says I'm on Firmware version: V1.6.6 (!)
Is this because I'm looking in Mango rather than Android? Or I'm just really out of date lol?
What does yours say in Mango? :)
I've tried switching it to Android and looking in the settings, but can't find the FW version listed anywhere.. :S

EDIT: I seem to have found a way to run Mango from within Android and that's listing the FW as version V2.1.10
More strangeness..
I have exactly the same. Different FW description on Android (it is 2.3.125), Mango as Android app (2.1.10) and Mango pure (1.6.6). All defined as 'Firmware'. No idea what is the last FW in fact.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #7,093 of 22,021
Another issue I do not understand. On the Android level the information is that the FW version is 2.3.125, certainly afer downloading the last one. At the same time on the Mango App under Android there is an information in System Info : FW version 2.1.10.

I have exactly the same. Different FW description on Android (it is 2.3.125), Mango as Android app (2.1.10) and Mango pure (1.6.6). All defined as 'Firmware'. No idea what is the last FW in fact.
According to the iBasso website, the latest FW is V2.3.125
Where in Android do you go to view the FW version? I've never used Android before so I'm a bit lost..

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #7,094 of 22,021
Try doing this: Pres play/pause and then the ON button. It should start on Android Mode. This is a trick learned from Lurker's instructions to install his Modified FW (Which Works like a charm BTW)
Thanks for this trick. Once again back to life. It seems this device is not for IT idiots like me. I do not undestand for example how to install the Lurker modification. Should I update the driver in the device manager first and use the Rockchip factory tool ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back