Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jun 13, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #346 of 569
@Rei87 Great feedback, disclaimer and comparisons very helpful to make an informed decision :)

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #348 of 569
I would say the Vega, but it needs a good powerful source, or it will sound very very horrible. Imagine an uncontrolled overwhelming bass that lacks impact. That, is what you will get out of a smartphone when using the vega.

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #349 of 569
incidentally, this is the minimum time before the sound really starts to stabilize without too much changes....and reaches its full potential..

Plus, before this the iem also spent 2-3 weeks in my burn in rig for the single end plug...

So to those who just got the dream or are using it for reviews or testing, good luck lol 20170615_215400.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #350 of 569
@Rei87 Thank for the feedback. I have one question, if I want a smooth relaxing signature, will the Awesome Truth or the Vega be an option for me?
I would say the Vega, but it needs a good powerful source, or it will sound very very horrible. Imagine an uncontrolled overwhelming bass that lacks impact. That, is what you will get out of a smartphone when using the vega.

Well, I wouldn't peg the Vega as relaxed, my 64 U12 were relaxed but the Vega is so dynamic and lively (and yes it craves power!) it's very involving and for late night listen maybe too much :p This being said the more I listened to the Vega, the less I found that to be an issue (but other IEMs and headphones can sound "flat" afterwards you need to reset your brain :)

That's one of the things that have me look at The Dream, I get that it's more revealing with better resolution, separation and texture but from what I read on this thread I thought as "reference slightly colored" it would potentially be more relaxed.

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #353 of 569
When you just can't get enough of dynamic Drivers

Throw in the Xelento, Rhapsodio Galaxy v2 (and maybe the Ocharaku Kayeki) and the TOTL DD collection will be complete!

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #356 of 569
@Rei87 Thank for the feedback. I have one question, if I want a smooth relaxing signature, will the Awesome Truth or the Vega be an option for me?

I'd say the biggest problem for the Vega is not the bass (which is actually impressively controlled for the amount of quantity it delivers) but the treble. There's definitely a peak or two that gives the Vega a good amount of energy and aggressiveness which is great for a lot of things but I wouldn't really classify it as relaxing in this case (@flinkenick would agree).

If you're into the DD craze, I'd consider something like the T8iE, Xelento or Dita Brass to have a relaxed enough tonality. If you're willing to consider beyond the dynamic, there's the W900 (laid back, ruler-flat treble), the Harmony 8.2 (laid back everything) or the UE18+ (extremely balanced sound).

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #357 of 569
Is it possible to change the cable? It's a different one (not 2 pin?)? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I already got the answer in the forum. :p

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #358 of 569

Users who are viewing this thread

Back