Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
May 4, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #1,306 of 14,511
I found tubes for HD800S (tube for HD650 dont suit)
Pre tube : Shylavia 5692 brown base.
Power tube : Tungsol JAN-CTL-5998.
Good combination.

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #1,307 of 14,511
My game end with JAN-CTL-5998 Tungsol and JAN - CHS-6SN7GT Sylvania.
3.5 to RCA Furutech iD-35R

When drive HD650, I find out that I wasted $ on HDVD800 amp.
Paid in total : $250 for DV336se, $155 for tungsol, $ 65 for sylavian and $78 for furutech cable.
I think Furutech 3.5 to rca did an excellent job to those tube

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,308 of 14,511
My game end with JAN-CTL-5998 Tungsol and JAN - CHS-6SN7GT Sylvania.
3.5 to RCA Furutech iD-35R

When drive HD650, I find out that I wasted $ on HDVD800 amp.
Paid in total : $250 for DV336se, $155 for tungsol, $ 65 for sylavian and $78 for furutech cable.
I think Furutech 3.5 to rca did an excellent job to those tube

It looks like you have some nice tubes there. Some of my favorites for sure!

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #1,309 of 14,511
So finally after months of fiddling w/ the cable from whatever headphones I was using.. I got well tired of my DV336SE dropping the right channel. Using relevant caution and care I opened the thing up and tracked down a poor solder connection and managed to fix it... but since mine lasted all of a month before I started having trouble with it... I wouldn't ever recommend this amp..

if you can't fix it yourself.. or if you don't know people with tube amp repair experience or whatever anyways... oh well at least mine is working again..
glow.jpg

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,311 of 14,511
Never had any problem with my DV336se even though I bought it 2nd hand. As with any gear, it's just the odd ball.

I mean fair enough.. but with this an a lot of the stuff from overseas you're really in a bad spot if you end up with the "odd ball" the fault with mine was pretty blatant and demonstrates a lack of QC as it shouldn't have left the factory like it did..

If you don't have any experience with tube amps / diy skills this thing would either cost a fortune to send back for warranty service or cost you more than it cost to buy to get it serviced in the States (assuming you can find someone willing to work on it)... or of course been landfill /doorstop..

Jun 15, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #1,312 of 14,511
?????????? I don't understand.

I mean fair enough.. but with this an a lot of the stuff from overseas you're really in a bad spot if you end up with the "odd ball" the fault with mine was pretty blatant and demonstrates a lack of QC as it shouldn't have left the factory like it did..

If you don't have any experience with tube amps / diy skills this thing would either cost a fortune to send back for warranty service or cost you more than it cost to buy to get it serviced in the States (assuming you can find someone willing to work on it)... or of course been landfill /doorstop..

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #1,313 of 14,511
?????????? I don't understand.

I won't recommend this amp anymore.. after seeing the lack of QC ..as it is uneconomical to send it back to China for service and would cost more than the amp to have it worked on locally...

My amp should have never shipped with the poor QC/soldering work it did.. as such I wouldn't recommend this amp to others.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,315 of 14,511
I certainly can recommend DV 336se. Not every unit is a lemon. Any manufacturer can have some units that are defective. These amps are cheap but they don't sound nasty at all on the ears. Being cheap, QC could suffer a bit. However if you get a working unit, you'll be a happy man.

Roll in some nice tubes and hear this tube amp sing. You'll be impressed.

Raytheon 6sn7gt vt231 black glass (most likely a National Union equivalent) and Gec 6as7g. DAC used is Yggy and headphone is HD800. Yup the DV 336se is not out of place with gear such as these. My main tube amps though are Elise and Euforia by Feliks Audio.

20170622_202625.jpg

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,316 of 14,511
I certainly can recommend DV 336se. Not every unit is a lemon. Any manufacturer can have some units that are defective. These amps are cheap but they don't sound nasty at all on the ears. Being cheap, QC could suffer a bit. However if you get a working unit, you'll be a happy man.

Roll in some nice tubes and hear this tube amp sing. You'll be impressed.

Raytheon 6sn7gt vt231 black glass (most likely a National Union equivalent) and Gec 6as7g. DAC used is Yggy and headphone is HD800. Yup the DV 336se is not out of place with gear such as these. My main tube amps though are Elise and Euforia by Feliks Audio.

So can your elise and Eufiria justify the cost cwhen omparing to 336SE?

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,317 of 14,511
So can your elise and Eufiria justify the cost cwhen omparing to 336SE?

Definitely. :L3000:

DV336se is outclassed by Elise and Euforia big time. Resolution, refinement, tonality and smoothness. The FA amps are in another league, especially Euforia. If I don't compare, DV336se sounds ok but once I listen to the FA amps, 336se sounds coarse and have the jagged edge roughness to the tone. However, it's a great introduction to OTL tube amps.

I've also listened to Woo Audio WA6 and WA2. I much prefer Elise and I greatly prefer Euforia. :smile_phones:

FYI, I also have the La Figaro 339 and I much prefer Euforia. :smile_phones:

Audio is very subjective though. Someone else may come along and present a different view point and that's ok. Everyone have their preferences.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,319 of 14,511
So thanx to my soldering prowess??? whatever.. my DV is working fine again.. however I still think the QC / build is iffy and I wouldn't buy one again.. or recommend it to anyone without the DIY skills to fix it if it eats it..

but it does sound nice when it is working certainly.. I think mine should be fine going forward /touch wood.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,320 of 14,511
Definitely. :L3000:

DV336se is outclassed by Elise and Euforia big time. Resolution, refinement, tonality and smoothness. The FA amps are in another league, especially Euforia. If I don't compare, DV336se sounds ok but once I listen to the FA amps, 336se sounds coarse and have the jagged edge roughness to the tone. However, it's a great introduction to OTL tube amps.

I've also listened to Woo Audio WA6 and WA2. I much prefer Elise and I greatly prefer Euforia. :smile_phones:

FYI, I also have the La Figaro 339 and I much prefer Euforia. :smile_phones:

Audio is very subjective though. Someone else may come along and present a different view point and that's ok. Everyone have their preferences.

Thanks! So you said you much prefer Elise over Wa6 and wa2, but you only say you much prefer Euforia that LF339. So what do you think of Elise over 339, which has similar price range?
I also notice Euforia has the same circuit as Elise, just upgrade parts. How much improvement of Euforia over Elise?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back