CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #31 of 2,466
Oooh Piotr, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. Seriously though, what you recommend FIBAE 1 for... I can't wait to try it out for myself. Seems like genre-wise it is the perfect fit for me. Order placed, impressions sent, now the waiting game begins :D

Jul 18, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #32 of 2,466
Oooh Piotr, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. Seriously though, what you recommend FIBAE 1 for... I can't wait to try it out for myself. Seems like genre-wise it is the perfect fit for me. Order placed, impressions sent, now the waiting game begins :D
Basically FIBAE1 is meant to be an all-rounder much like Music One. It has rather flat but appealing signature and now with changes done to the tuning it's much more capable of pop/edm genres.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #33 of 2,466
That sounds really appealing to me. I wasn't really sure whether to go with FIBAE 1 or 2, because most people seem to prefer the 2 for its fun factor, but according to what you are saying, I think I made the right choice for me, but I think I would be happy either way. Considering how much time I spent with the designer tho, I went with a super simple design at the end, with just plain Zebrano faceplates :D Couldn't really decide what would look better, so I went with the simplest option. Oh the indecisiveness... Anyway, super excited!!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #34 of 2,466
Hi Piotr

I know we talked a little about the fibae 2 in emails, was just wondering how the 1 would cope rock and metal? Just weighing up budget options (as ever!) before deciding.

Thanks

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #35 of 2,466
Hi Piotr

I know we talked a little about the fibae 2 in emails, was just wondering how the 1 would cope rock and metal? Just weighing up budget options (as ever!) before deciding.

Thanks
Tough question, generally it will work, but it won't have the presence or the sparkle of your Music Two. For me personally I need Effect Audio Ares II or Ares II+ cable to fully enjoy metal genres - those cables bring out a little bit more saturation and resolution

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #36 of 2,466
IMG_0460.JPG

Well finally made my mind up and placed an order for Fibae 2 this morning (I find I make most of my decisions before my brains had time to wake up and start over analyzing things!). Popped these in the post today.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #37 of 2,466
Well finally made my mind up and placed an order for Fibae 2 this morning (I find I make most of my decisions before my brains had time to wake up and start over analyzing things!). Popped these in the post today.
Great strategy! :wink: Now there is just the wait...

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #38 of 2,466
Hi Piotr, am just about to receive my FIBAE 2 and am already thinking of the "next" thing in my setup. Which cable would you recommend that will complement the sound signature of the FIBAE 2 in your opinion? I saw that you recommended Effect Audio cables in the recent post, am thinking along the lines of Thor Copper OCC SPC or the Thor Silver OCC Silver. Other comments from FIBAE 2 owners are most welcome on this topic. Cheers.

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #39 of 2,466
Hi Piotr, am just about to receive my FIBAE 2 and am already thinking of the "next" thing in my setup. Which cable would you recommend that will complement the sound signature of the FIBAE 2 in your opinion? I saw that you recommended Effect Audio cables in the recent post, am thinking along the lines of Thor Copper OCC SPC or the Thor Silver OCC Silver. Other comments from FIBAE 2 owners are most welcome on this topic. Cheers.

Before that though, I would consider a good source/DAP, and make sure all music files are lossless or at least 320kbps MP3s. Cables are supposed to augment the last 5-10% of your SQ.

I get that FIBAE is supposed to play nice with all sources, but as good as a phone is, getting notifications mid-song is a huge turn-off for me.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #40 of 2,466
Before that though, I would consider a good source/DAP, and make sure all music files are lossless or at least 320kbps MP3s. Cables are supposed to augment the last 5-10% of your SQ.

I get that FIBAE is supposed to play nice with all sources, but as good as a phone is, getting notifications mid-song is a huge turn-off for me.

Hi ezekiel77, yes am already in possesion of a fairly good DAP Fiio X5 III (as my 1st DAP so wanted something versatile and not break the bank) and also 80% of my collection are Lossless FLAC and the rest 320kbps. Just looking to expand further into the experience and discovering/experimenting different/improve/exciting new sounds along the way.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #41 of 2,466
Hi ezekiel77, yes am already in possesion of a fairly good DAP Fiio X5 III (as my 1st DAP so wanted something versatile and not break the bank) and also 80% of my collection are Lossless FLAC and the rest 320kbps. Just looking to expand further into the experience and discovering/experimenting different/improve/exciting new sounds along the way.

That's great! This thread will be helpful. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/h...ressions-pics-comparisons-and-reviews.804952/

Effect Audio's Ares II and PW Audio's No.5 are frequently mentioned as good cables under $200. Unfortunately I can't help much since I haven't listened to any FIBAE IEMs yet.

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #42 of 2,466
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #43 of 2,466
I checked FIBAE2 with different EA cables and personally I liked more something like Eros or Thor SPC - basically something to give it more sparkle/brightness. I didn't like higher gauge cables like Ares II+ with FIBAE2 though it was amazing with FIBAE1!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #44 of 2,466
I checked FIBAE2 with different EA cables and ersonally I liked more something like Eros or Thor SPC - basically something to give it more sparkle/brightness. I didn't like higher gauge cables like Ares II+ with FIBAE2 though it was amazing with FIBAE1!
Great stuff Piotr.. will share at a latter stage what i've decided on and hopefully give some feedback. Cheers.

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #45 of 2,466
Should finally be getting ear impressions done tomorrow for FIBAE1 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back