Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #31,411 of 42,765
  2094 pages. so i take it there are a few people who have this lil beauty, or else a couple of people who post a LOT. then i guess i'm not breaking any new ground when i receive mine in 3 days, but heck, i'm still excited as can be. 

this beast will free me from only listening in one spot in the house, which is in the basement (or cellar as we call em around here), and allow my grandchildren to know for certain that i'm still with them (i listen a LOT!). i am also fairly certain that the dac in this thing is gonna out perform the old grant fidelity tube dac i'm using. have an AQ cinnamon and an AQ golden gate coming, so i can also use it as dac only with my burson soloist amp. 

i still can't get over being amazed at the idea that i can listen to my lcd-3f (2016 ver) anywhere i please. spring is coming and sitting outside is gonna be amazing. i think I better 'spring' for that fresh battery for my laptop! 

is this thing half as good as they say it is? c'mon wednesday, hurry up and get here!

I was listening to a system that had a mega DAC a few days ago - a reference DAC that has been very well reviewed, and the overall system cost at least a third of a million USD. Now I get to listen to these systems at shows a lot; but this time I was relaxed with a friend, and I could play whatever I wanted.

And I was shocked as to how bad it was - the biggest problem was the sound-stage was utterly and completely flat (OK I admit I am a depth freak). But it had large amounts of digital glare, with the loudest instrument dominating, and no timbre variation. A Mojo based system would very easily beat this in every single regard.

So I am sure you have no worries about it being as good as they say it is...

Happy listening, Rob

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #31,412 of 42,765
It really is something special. I've had mine a couple weeks now and everything else sounds flat and dull after adjusting to the mojo sound. When I auditioned it, I thought it was nice, but didn't realize HOW nice until I got one and spent some time with it. That depth and the dynamics really do bring a new dimension to the music. It continues to impress me daily.

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #31,413 of 42,765

prepare for a new experience
biggrin.gif

says the guy who's selling his?

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #31,414 of 42,765

Welcome to the club (in 3 days). I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Chord posted a few days ago, that they have sold nearly 50k Mojos, and still the number grows.

This does mean that there is a vast reservoir of knowledge built up on Head-Fi, with a lot of common questions/answers documented in post #3.

I always suggest spend the 3 days compiling your music list, then enjoy the music and see where it leads you - it has certainly led me to explore many new musical styles/artists/etc during the last year.

There is also the Mojos greatest hits thread, where some of us discuss tracks that sound very good using Mojo. 
biggrin.gif

I dont know why but i expected at least 200,000 units. Being so involved in this hobby makes me forget its still a niche market.

oh man, these numbers are MASSIVE compared to 20 years ago when i got my 1st pair of grado rs1's and people would stop me on the streets in manhattan because seeing a wooden headphone was so bizarre. 50k mojos along with all the other sales of other models/brands is fairly huge. look at how many manufacturers are staying alive in headphone gear and you know that this is no niche any more really. it's like, if they had made "the graduate" now, the older guy would've said to the kid; "headphones. the future is headphones".   

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #31,419 of 42,765
  Here's one several people have used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Left-Angle-Micro-USB-to-Type-C-OTG-Cable-for-Portable-Digital-Audio-Amplifier-/301996162871?hash=item46505fbf37

Yep, that's the one I use for my G5.  It works but too much EMI/RFI with the phone.  Probably fine for the M1 I'm sure.  

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #31,423 of 42,765

The Mojo is amazing, thank you for making it.

I just wish customer support was better.  Mine had a loose 3.5mm jack so lost connection in one channel if I wiggled it at all.  After waiting a week for a reply I opened it up and found 2 of the tabs were never even soldered to the pcb.  Took me less than 5 minutes to fix, and isn't really a big deal, but a reply to my emails would have been nice.  

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #31,424 of 42,765
1st post!

Thank you

First thing I did was get out every headphone I have access too,  a poor selection I might add,  Sennheiser HD 600,  m50x, Momentum's, Panasonic RP-WF 600-s, my brothers Beyers, wish I could rent headphones. 

Took the plunge on this last week after obsessing over it for a while as a wanted to get away from my 6-7 year old Onkyo 805, and several soundcard headphone outs like the x-fi, xonar, sadly never the essence headphone out's im a pc nut though

Next thing will be to get myself a dap? portable music device to keep the source as good as it can be, tried usb audio player pro on my samsung s6, but i need to find a better solution for the long term. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #31,425 of 42,765
  1st post!

Thank you

First thing I did was get out every headphone I have access too,  a poor selection I might add,  Sennheiser HD 600,  m50x, Momentum's, Panasonic RP-WF 600-s, my brothers Beyers, wish I could rent headphones. 

Took the plunge on this last week after obsessing over it for a while as a wanted to get away from my 6-7 year old Onkyo 805, and several soundcard headphone outs like the x-fi, xonar, sadly never the essence headphone out's im a pc nut though

Next thing will be to get myself a dap? portable music device to keep the source as good as it can be, tried usb audio player pro on my samsung s6, but i need to find a better solution for the long term. 

I'm in the same boat. I've had mine for 2 mos. or so and love the sound. I currently pair with my Sony Z3v as a source (spare phone), but stacking is silly as the phone is huge. I wish they had smaller phones roughly the size of the Mojo for stacking. I originally bought an LG V20 thinking that was going to solve my "mobile" situation. Though, the Mojo squashes the V20 and made me realize that vocals on the V20 aren't as good, Highs can be sibilant at times and bass is too fuzzy. So, I now 'am looking for a DAP to pair with it (as I didn't like the Shanling M1). If only the Poly weren't crazy priced and was in the $400-450 range... it'd be hard not to grab that instead of a DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back