Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 16, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #1,021 of 7,153
Hmm, from the graphs the Pro82 actually looks to have more recessed mids than the Pro80. I'm sure I'll try a pair eventually but I don't feel any need to rush from the graph.

May 16, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #1,022 of 7,153
Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #1,023 of 7,153
If you want to discuss in detail what Pro 82's FR really means, welcome to Takstar Pro 82 Review, impressions and discussion thread

I don't really have any need for that. Just like you I have two pair of the Pro80 and I don't find either of them to have a particularly U shape (and their graph isn't much I shaped either) so we obviously hear things quite differently. That happens all the time in here so no worries but I've also learned that it's quite fruitless to participate in that kind of discussions.

If anything I'd say that the Pro80 is a bit L-shaped:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/t...ni-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread.585356/page-18

May 17, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #1,025 of 7,153
How do the Bosshifi B8 sound?

May 19, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #1,026 of 7,153
After almost 3 months, I received today the ISK MDH9000, but the headphone came with volume imbalance... The right speaker is 25% louder than the left. Anyone have any suggestions to solve this without having to replace the headphone? Thanks in Advance.

May 19, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #1,027 of 7,153
How do the Bosshifi B8 sound?

People rave about it, I know that. It's very neutral though, so don't expect a v-shaped basshead experience.

Here's a few of the most recent posts about it (and if you do a site-wide search for 'Bosshifi B8' you'll see a lot of discussion about it over the last few years):

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...r-ear-headphones.822184/page-68#post-13491473

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...r-ear-headphones.822184/page-68#post-13493634

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #1,028 of 7,153
After almost 3 months, I received today the ISK MDH9000, but the headphone came with volume imbalance... The right speaker is 25% louder than the left. Anyone have any suggestions to solve this without having to replace the headphone? Thanks in Advance.

3 months? Did it come delivered via Pony Express? Why did shipping take 90 days?

As far as the channel imbalance, sometimes it's a wonky cable, especially if the cable has in-line controls and/or mic. Other than trying a different cable, there's not a whole lot you can do other than get a new pair. You can workaround the issue by adjusting the channel balance via your music source, but I am from the school of thought of if you pay goof money for something it is supposed to work. But sometimes with ChiFi, that is not the case.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,030 of 7,153

1st of all, you have my sympathies. It totally sucks to wait 3 months for what should be excellent/inexpensive HPs...then have this.

My 2 cents is simple: even though it's a huge pain in the ass, send 'em back.

My reasoning is:
  • While the cable on these is replaceable, it also has a proprietary locking mechanism that makes testing these HPs w/other cables rather difficult.
  • IF you happen to have another HP w/same cable/locking mechanism, then by all means test, and hopefully it's the cable that defective, not the headphones.
    • Of course, if the ISK's happened to come w/2 cables, not the usual one, then just use the 2nd cable for that test.
  • But that's rather unlikely. Which leaves you w/a difficult/blind choice: ask them for a new cable (assuming the cable is defective, not the headphones); or just send this back and ask for a new pair.
Good luck w/whatever you do. And when you finally get a working pair of these headphones--if they sound anything like their 4-5 "clones," I think you'll be happy...

May 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #1,031 of 7,153
Are the hinges & arms on the B8 metal or silver painted plastic? Everything looks plastic from the photos.
Plastic.
Looks good though.
Anyway, you don't buy them for materials - sound is the star of the show.

P.S. You can even tune bass on them - it's a hidden feature...

Matte surface looks like plastic but when you scratch it there is a metallic shine underneath. Also the hinges get a bit cold like metal does. It's not magnetic so propably aluminium. Atleast this is the case with my B7 and I assume B8 has same hinges?

May 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,032 of 7,153
Matte surface looks like plastic but when you scratch it there is a metallic shine underneath. Also the hinges get a bit cold like metal does. It's not magnetic so propably aluminium. Atleast this is the case with my B7 and I assume B8 has same hinges?

B6/7/8's hinges do get cold, so maybe they are aluminum.
It's a shame they used such a plastic-y color.

May 30, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,033 of 7,153
Hi all, new to this thread here.
I usually listen to vocal oriented stuff and occasionally classical. Just wondering if the Superlux HD681EVO would suit my tastes or is there a better option for the price that better suits my tastes in music for a similar price. Thanks.

May 30, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,034 of 7,153
I usually listen to vocal oriented stuff and occasionally classical. Just wondering if the Superlux HD681EVO would suit my tastes or is there a better option for the price that better suits my tastes in music for a similar price. Thanks.

Personally I'd go with the standard Superlux 681s. The EVOs have a much stronger emphasis on the bass. The standard 681s are a lot brighter. As with most things in life its a question of personal preference.
I for one like the bright nature (very clear highs) of the 681. For others it might be too much. Mids are better on the standard 681 imho. I had both and returned the EVOs.

May 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,035 of 7,153

How much isolation are you looking for? Superlux HD-668B are legendary around here, and are a ridiculous value for the sound they provide. They are semi-open though, so you'll get some sound leakage. But if that doesn't matter to you, it would be at the top of my budget list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back