Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #1,006 of 7,153
Hi all, Is the Senicc/Somic ST-80 the same as Status Audio CB-1? The enclosure and hinges seem very similar though the pads seem thinner, have no idea about the drivers.

May 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #1,007 of 7,153
The CB-1's (which I just sold) are definitely a rebranded Somic HP. Without spending lots of time reading this thread plus various reviews, I can't recall exactly which Somic it was.

Here's the Somic MM185, which looks virtually identical to the CB-1...but I think it was an earlier Somic model that's now unavailable, not the MM185, which Status Audio used:
https://www.amazon.com/Somic-MM185-Music-Headphone-Black/dp/B00JFP2HE8

The open-back HP sold by Status Audio is also a rebranded Somic--believe it's either the MH-463:
https://www.amazon.com/Somic-MH438-MH463-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00F8VM4PK

...or V2: http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_349492.html

May 12, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,009 of 7,153
NVM I believe CB-1 is equivalent to Somic MM185

EDIT: Sorry didn't see your reply, thanks!

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #1,010 of 7,153
After a couple of days with my new stuff I believe I am going to turn from a mainly IEM user (currently the very good Sendiy M1221, Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, MusicMaker Shockwave III) to an Over Ear (closed back) guy.

Addicting sound from...
(listed in order of my current preference from top/best to bottom)
Bosshifi B8
(balanced and neutral - all frequencies are present and well-defined, enough rumble in bass section, very good isolation and low emission, after cushion adaption after a few days very comfortable but might be not best suiting for small heads)
ISK HD9999
(warm, overall very refined, not 100% balanced but slightly v shaped with a relative sub bass enhancement, same time mid bass is lacking a bit, slightly enhanced and very addicting but never sibilant or harsh treble. A pleasure. But voices may appear slightly recessed. Wished to have more mids presence. I am using the thinner and harder replacement cushions. Big diameter cushions which may not fit for every head but the default mounted pair is softer and bolder and may fit better. For me nevertheless a very comfortable headphone. Isolation and emission are still ok but not as good as the others)
ISK HP2011
(more presence, clearness and sharpness in the mids and treble but less refinement than the others, might be too sharp for someone (only a view hours burn in - hope this is going to tame later), more an analytical character, very comfortable with no limitation for my head, isolation and emission are ok but not the best)
AKG K551
(so called "reference" headphone. I believe this may be true. Balanced and still neutral. This said I would call it though a thinner sort of sound nature. Maybe like a "thinner" Version of the Bosshifi. Very comfortable, too!)

This is a first sight on the candidates from a hobbyist but for now I won't miss any of these in my collection. Of course there are differences between these, but they all provide a very, very good, clean and in most cases airy and more or less balanced sound and high comfort - and this is not related to their price level which is partly not understandable low (have to say I got the AKG used for only 40€).
Times before I spend up to 350€ for single over ear headphones but never got what I get from these four candidates in respect of the combination of sound quality and comfort level.

I would recommend each of these.

Edit: new order and some edits after my yesterday's listening session

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #1,013 of 7,153
Do you still think that the ISK HD9999 beats your other headphones in overall sound quality?
According to my list from my yesterday post this statement is valid for all the headphones I had the chance to listen to so far - except the Bosshifi B8 which I would rate slightly better.

May 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,016 of 7,153
I have all three.
B6 and B7 are far worse than B8, not even close.

Are the hinges & arms on the B8 metal or silver painted plastic? Everything looks plastic from the photos.

May 16, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #1,017 of 7,153
Are the hinges & arms on the B8 metal or silver painted plastic? Everything looks plastic from the photos.
Plastic.
Looks good though.
Anyway, you don't buy them for materials - sound is the star of the show.

P.S. You can even tune bass on them - it's a hidden feature...

May 16, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #1,018 of 7,153
Takstar Pro 82 is finally here:
Takstar Pro 82 Review, impressions and discussion thread
A great improvement over Pro 80 all over - time to upgrade!
upload_2017-5-16_16-37-51.png

upload_2017-5-16_16-38-20.png

May 16, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #1,019 of 7,153
May 16, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,020 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back