Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jun 30, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #2,584 of 3,093
Hi,

I have the Amanero384Combo interface in 6 different gears. The only issue I have experienced was one module that "decided" to be instable with a bad habit/behavior with dropouts in some higher quality material. The module was replaced and voilá, problem was solved. Drivers have never been an issue for me with the Amanero's. -Are You sure Your computers are in a healthy condition? -Not polluted by regretted driverinstallations? For me, working flawlessly in both linux and Win10 64 bit.

The Amanero gives a very high performance when working proporly and it is worth trying quite hard to get it to work. The sound quality rewards the efforts, I'm sure. Don't give up too easy.

/Jan

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,585 of 3,093
. Drivers have never been an issue for me with the Amanero's. -Are Yo
Hi,

I have the Amanero384Combo interface in 6 different gears. The only issue I have experienced was one module that "decided" to be instable with a bad habit/behavior with dropouts in some higher quality material. The module was replaced and voilá, problem was solved. Drivers have never been an issue for me with the Amanero's. -Are You sure Your computers are in a healthy condition? -Not polluted by regretted driverinstallations? For me, working flawlessly in both linux and Win10 64 bit.

The Amanero gives a very high performance when working proporly and it is worth trying quite hard to get it to work. The sound quality rewards the efforts, I'm sure. Don't give up too easy.

/Jan
Hello,

The unit I'm having issue with has the older USB-32 interface, not the Amanero 384. It seems the Amanero interface is much better so I think I'll try to exchange mine, it's just a shame I'll have lost 2x postage cost and import duties.

Can you give any other impressions compared to your older 11.32? I'm interested in how the ES9028 chip changes the sound as that's the only big difference from what I can tell.

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #2,587 of 3,093
Hi,

@ MVink: The differences I can find are: 1. an overall less syntethic reproduction. The older version was more on the analytic side. The 11.28 is more true. 2. Clearer and better defined soundimage. 3. and most of all...more musical loving and very easy flowing sound. 4. The digital filtering (Not tested yet, still burning in)
So to wrap that up - A more mature component than its older version.

@ ma_t14: No, I can not spot any of this problems with the NFB-11.28

/Jan

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,590 of 3,093
Hi trilobites,

I'm sorry to hear Your confusion. The 11.28 is a very solid and thought through piece of equipment. If You got the money, I recommend You to buy one with the TCXO option. You will not regret it. The 11.28 sounds very good. Too good really for its price. I have bought a lot of gear from Audio-gd over the years. The very few times any issues has appeared, Kingwa and his workmates has been very coopertive and helpful to solve the issues.

Because of this and the fact that the gears are very good, I am a returning customer to them.

/Jan

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #2,592 of 3,093
If your source is PC and you have optical out, use that, the option works well, and optical cable is $5 on ebay, I see no other choice.

Interesting. Does that bypass the dac though?

EDIT

Upon some reading I now realize that my question is probably dumb. Since toslink transmits digital signal then digital to analogue conversion is not taking place (in the soundcard) so the dac is not involved. Is this correct or there's more to it?

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,593 of 3,093
Interesting. Does that bypass the dac though?

EDIT

Upon some reading I now realize that my question is probably dumb. Since toslink transmits digital signal then digital to analogue conversion is not taking place (in the soundcard) so the dac is not involved. Is this correct or there's more to it?
Yes, the DAC from your PC's soundcard is bypassed when you're transmitting digital signal via optical cable.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,595 of 3,093
Francisk thanks for the confirmation. Are there any disadvantages in using the optical connection of the NFB-11 instead of USB?

USB model: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz , 192kHz, 352.8kHz,384kHz
Optical model: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back