Are you a console or PC gamer?
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #542 of 968
Has anyone else here played Einhänder on PS1? It's a scrolling shooter with 3D graphics that's one of the most challenging games I know of. Even with a near-invincibility GameShark code, I don't think it's possible to beat it without getting blown up countless times. haha. The electronic soundtrack is amazing too. I bought it on CD. It would be epic if this game was ported to PC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einh%C3%A4nder

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #543 of 968
74cd44f0_3667328-anime-gamer-girl-wallpapers2.jpeg

Girl-Playing-Video-Games-Wallpaper.jpg

49193_anime_girls_girls_room.jpg

0cc894eff249e9bf0bc4ed903581d6ac.jpg

latest

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #544 of 968
Went PC gaming
Playing on max settings, 144hz, 1080p, and surfing/multitasking on a separate screen is the best
Don't miss console gaming at all especially having to pay additional subscription fee on top of my internet bill in order to play online

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #546 of 968
Started out as a PC gamer until about say 2010. Now exclusively a console gamer. First PC was a Amiga 500. Earliest game I can remember was Midwinter. First console I played was my brother's PS1 when he would let me, or he wasn't around. First console I ever owned was the Xbox 360 and I currently own the Xbox One.

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #547 of 968
Started out as a PC gamer until about say 2010. Now exclusively a console gamer. First PC was a Amiga 500. Earliest game I can remember was Midwinter. First console I played was my brother's PS1 when he would let me, or he wasn't around. First console I ever owned was the Xbox 360 and I currently own the Xbox One.

It's interesting to see someone go that route. More often, in this thread, I see people that have switched from console to PC. Anyway, you missed out on so many great console games! When my mom bought me an SNES in the early '90s, it blew my mind.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #548 of 968
Hi all, just saw that there was a section on video games and thought I would jump in too.

I'm going to say that about 80% of the time, I'm gaming on the PC and have been for years and years. That being said, I also have had both Nintendo and Sony consoles, and just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4. This is probably more to do with the fact that I mostly play games on the PC, but I find that pressing the left stick inward to sprint in games to be pretty tedious on my left hand, and it cramps after a while. I've never had an issue like that on the PC, and I think it's mostly due to muscle memory.

I'm actually a bit curious, looking through the posts before, how many people who are PC gamers also use the PC as their primary music source.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #549 of 968
I've never had an issue like that on the PC, and I think it's mostly due to muscle memory.

I'm actually a bit curious, looking through the posts before, how many people who are PC gamers also use the PC as their primary music source.

My wrists/hands/fingers have been hurting from PC gaming lately. Need to get a controller for it... lol

I'd bet the majority of members use a PC as their primary music source.

May 4, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #552 of 968

I would guess many of us. I'm one of them. My music system starts with a Gustard U12 connected to my PC via USB, which is connected to my DAC via coaxial (Bel Canto DAC 3). The DAC feeds my KGSS clone which powers my SR-007.

The gaming audio setup is completely different, starting with my sound card as the source (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD) which is connected to an A/V receiver via optical TOSLINK, powering a 5.1 surround setup. Once I get better front speakers I will just use the speaker setup for music (in 2.1 mode) unless I'm not entirely satisfied with it.

Pretty interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_games

So what's your favorite video game released after 2010?

I might catch some flak for this, but mine is probably Final Fantasy XIII-2. Played it for hundreds of hours on PS3 and would love to try the PC version from Steam sometime. The soundtrack is also phenomenal.

The 2010s has been a far weaker decade for gaming than the 2000s to be sure, but I will have to say it is either SOMA (a horror game) or The Talos Principle (a puzzle game). The writing quality and thematic depth of both of them make them forces to be reckoned with. Anyone who thinks gaming cannot be a serious, high quality storytelling medium and works of art needs to play those.

Although if we include remasters/remakes, then my answer is Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition which just came out this year. That's an RPG as well, although a wRPG opposed to a JRPG.

May 4, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #553 of 968
The 2010s has been a far weaker decade for gaming than the 2000s to be sure, but I will have to say it is either SOMA (a horror game) or The Talos Principle (a puzzle game). The writing quality and thematic depth of both of them make them forces to be reckoned with. Anyone who thinks gaming cannot be a serious, high quality storytelling medium and works of art needs to play those.

Although if we include remasters/remakes, then my answer is Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition which just came out this year. That's an RPG as well, although a wRPG opposed to a JRPG.

I'm a sucker for JRPGs. They have such great stories too. I rarely make time for gaming nowadays, but I've been replaying Mother 3 (the sequel to my second favorite game EarthBound) lately.

May 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #554 of 968
I love consoles, I love the idea of them, and making games that squeeze the most out of the hardware (ie. Naughty Dog). Also enjoyed that I don't think I ever ran into a hacker problem, and even if there were it is not even comparable to the issues on certain PC titles. I had both PS3 and then a PS4.

The big problem, was that the controllers gave me tendinitis. Moving a little stick around with your thumb is just a bad idea. I always end up going back to PC, where especially for FPS the experience IMO is just superior - by a large amount. The mouse just gives you so much finer control.

And then there is Steam sales (actually some of the Sony sales were pretty good).

[off to play Day of Infamy on PC]

May 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #555 of 968
The big problem, was that the controllers gave me tendinitis. Moving a little stick around with your thumb is just a bad idea. I always end up going back to PC, where especially for FPS the experience IMO is just superior - by a large amount. The mouse just gives you so much finer control.

Hmm. Mice and keyboards do far more damage to me than any controller ever did, and I've owned a good number of the well-known consoles. It's interesting how even something like this can be subjective.

I've been meaning to get a controller (probably another PS3 one) to use on PC. I still have a USB adapter that I used to use with an SNES controller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back