Android: Neutron Music Player
May 31, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #511 of 1,374
Does the 32 bit output option upscale your music to that bit depth?
No DAC or Amp had a DR that can begin to approach 32 bit. If one could realize 32 bit into sound waves they might cause an earthquake. It would probably be hard to find an audio chain that could actually exceed 21 bits at the audio end or along the chain.

May 31, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #512 of 1,374
No DAC or Amp had a DR that can begin to approach 32 bit. If one could realize 32 bit into sound waves they might cause an earthquake. It would probably be hard to find an audio chain that could actually exceed 21 bits at the audio end or along the chain.
So Neutron doesn't do any upscaling like Poweramp does?

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #514 of 1,374
Hi. Sorry if that was answered before. Can Neutron stream the music from Spotify? If not, there is any app that can stream Spotify in Android to the external DAC (I am using a Chord Mojo and a Samsung S7e).
Thanks,

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #515 of 1,374
why cant I get the exact parameters when using the sliders in freq., Q value, etc.?? I get close to what I want. Is there a way to input the exact parameters? I try to click on the number to bring up my keyboard to type in the exact measurements but it just flashes and wont stay on to let me input.

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #516 of 1,374
So Neutron doesn't do any upscaling like Poweramp does?
No, also neutron does not output high res files like poweramp, all go trough the android system resampler unless the device manufacturer implemented a different path for it to see. it can downscale but not upscale. There is no reason for it to do that since it only sends the 16bit/48khz signal to the dac(unless you are super lucky and your device supports 44,1khz as default output)

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #517 of 1,374
Fwiw, Neutron is now available for Windows Phone (Windows 10 Mobile) for the 6 (myself included) of you that own such a device. :wink:

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #518 of 1,374
why cant I get the exact parameters when using the sliders in freq., Q value, etc.?? I get close to what I want. Is there a way to input the exact parameters? I try to click on the number to bring up my keyboard to type in the exact measurements but it just flashes and wont stay on to let me input.
Works for me. Do you have the pay for version? I'm not sure if the Trial does everything, it's been a long time since I did the trial version.

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #520 of 1,374
Mine is paid. Have the galaxy s8 if that helps. I tap it and it just flickers and bumps me out again
I have a Galaxy S8 (unlocked US Version) and it works fine. It also works on my old non-exploding Galaxy Note 3 as well as my ancient Galaxy S3. You can try to force stop the app, clear the cache and start it again. If that doesn't do it, you can force stop and then clear the cache and data, then try again. That last bit means you will lose your configuration and have to rescan your folders, etc.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #522 of 1,374
When I'm attaching my sd card reader to my HTC M8, Neutron does not recognize the USB (card formatted via phone). Am I missing something or is Neutron not able to recognize USB connected cards?

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #523 of 1,374
When I'm attaching my sd card reader to my HTC M8, Neutron does not recognize the USB (card formatted via phone). Am I missing something or is Neutron not able to recognize USB connected cards?
Settings->Media Library->Sources + File System and keep drilling down to your SD card.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #524 of 1,374
Settings->Media Library->Sources + File System and keep drilling down to your SD card.

Not working.
I see only this:
Screenshot_20170830-195433.png
hnzaP5

hnzaP5

- under external storage is my sdcard
- I imagine I should see a second external storage option when usb is connected?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #525 of 1,374
Not working.
I see only this:

hnzaP5

hnzaP5

- under external storage is my sdcard
- I imagine I should see a second external storage option when usb is connected?

External refers to both the SDcard in the phone's SD card slot and USB storage drives, whether they're thumb drives or card readers. Click on that and let it scan - Neutron should scan both the SD card in the phone and the SDcard in the USB OTG card reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back