1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android: Neutron Music Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by drtone, Aug 11, 2011.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. Rioter
    [​IMG]
    In Neutron -> Settings -> Audio Hardware. Look at rate.
    My HTC 10 after one or two updates got hi-res.
    Settings:
    1) Generic Driver = ON
    2) Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Codec (Offload) = OFF
    3) Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Speaker = ON
    4) Generic Driver -> Custom Format = ON
    5) Custom Format -> FORMAT -> 32-bit int (all options worked).
    6) Custom Format -> Frequency -> 44100-192000 (352800-768000 is working too but sounds dull).
    7) Custom Format -> Mode -> selected all (all working, tried by selecting each separately).
    8) Low Latency = OFF
    9) 32-bit Output (IEEE 754) = OFF

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Windforce0511
    Settings needed for Hi-Fi provided by Neutron developer work for me:
    http://prntscr.com/h8c70r

But I don't know if it is working correctly. How can I be sure? Music is playing great using these settings.

3. skingg
    Anyone have any decent settings for the AKG K712 Pro with Neutron? From my experiences it doesn't really go well together unlike the Fostex T50-RP.

I'm playing them on the LG V10 by the way.

4. Rpg2
    Does this mean with the Custom Format options in Neutron that android phones can now output to 44.1Khz without any forced 48khz resampling problems?

Using the High-Res Codec for the first time and my music is outputting to 16bit 44.1Khz and the songs have a cleaner, more black background. I used to get lite hiss and static when a song started even on stock neutron 48Khz output with generic driver (without High-Res Codec). I'm pretty happy with the improvement. This is all with my V20 btw so maybe it's accessing the Sabre DAC?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  5. nort ycagel
    I can't find HI-Res codec on my htc10. it's just not there

6. BLmusic
    Me too, there is no Hi res codec in Generic Driver.

7. skingg
    It wasn't there when I first installed the player on the Sony XZ Premium. However after the latest Neutron update it's now available.

8. Sound Eq
    can i ask in neutron what settings to use so that playback happens without down sampling on fiio x5iii

9. BLmusic
    For the Generic Driver under the custom mode which one should we switch on?

10. Rioter
    Screenshot_20171214-095925.png I checked this.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  11. lantian
    One that is working, chek either by clicking on the info bar where the sampling rate/channels/bit depth are stated. Or use tinymix and look at the logs to figure it out. Each device will be different, many devices will not work with anything other than 48khz, make sure it actually works.

12. dogears
    checking in...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  13. Sound Eq
    can anyone please what are the best settings to use with neutron for samsung galaxy s8 plus so we can get access to the dac without down sampling I am using the exynos version

14. myusernameislove
    Interesting. I have xperia xz1 and I plan to use Neutron to play music over BT using ldac codec at 990kbps. All my source files are 16bit 44.1khz flacs. Any advice on recommended settings for this scenario? Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  15. stuck limo
    Hi guys, I have an LG V20 and downloaded Neutron. I CANNOT get it to load files/folders from my SD card. I have it set to scan, and then it gives me the "Searching for Music Files" message and then never loads or finds any. Am I doing something wrong?

screen1.png screen2.png screen3.png

First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last