Android: Neutron Music Player
Feb 7, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #496 of 1,369
EDIT:

OT
How to save/import/share custom EQ presets with a name under Neutron for iOS?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #497 of 1,369
I've come across a strange issue with the evaluation version. I've just purchased a Fiio E18 to go with my Galaxy Note 4. I downloaded the evaluation version, hooked it up to the Fiio and hey presto got it working with the note as a source through the Fiio as an external DAC/Amp. Sound quality was pretty good. All well, so I thought.

I ran through the 30 or so albums in my phone and found that 50% of them wouldn't play. Everything seemed normal I could pull up tracks as normal, it's just that no tracks on the album itself wouldn't play. I wen't back to the installed music player and all albums ran ok. I then downloaded HibyMusic, and again all albums played. Back to back I didn't think the SQ of Hiby matched Neutron with the E18.  So how do I fix this, is it a known issue with Neutron, or are there settings I can use to fix it.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #498 of 1,369
I'm using E18 too with HTC One M9, no problem with Neutron at all, actually Neutron is the only one I tried works (not including USB Audio Player Pro). In 'Audio Hardward' I unchecked 'Generic Driver' and checked 'Direct USB Driver'.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #499 of 1,369
Question, does the most recent updated Nuetron have something like incremental volume (similar to PowerAmp Alpha)?  If not, does the developer plan on adding it in the future?  53% to 60% jump in volume is too much.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #500 of 1,369
Has anyone - author or consumer - verified functionality on the new 2017 Chromebooks that run [most] Android Phone apps?

Thinking of a HP, Lenovo, or Samsung CB Plus , in that order. My desire is not to listen to music from the device, but to use the player to read & process the music then stream it over OTG to an external DAC-AMP.

Thanx.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #501 of 1,369
Got a response from Dmitry on incremental volume control.

"Such volume management requires changing hidden API of the OS
framework that can result in serious bugs on some devices and also
Google dislikes such hacking. It can not be done without public API
from Google's side unfortunately."

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #502 of 1,369
Hello everyone..I am new here..Just came to know about neutron player..I am using an LG v 20..With v Moda crossfade m100s..The app is a bit complicated for me..can someone help me out for getting the maximum output from my current setup..I listen a music genre from many languages..Mostly English..Sort of a bass head ..But..Gives importance to clarity too..i thought there was no better player than power amp.. But..I think..Neutron output better audio.... planning to get a Sennheiser HD 599..Just to utilise the quad sac setup in the v20..The high impedance mode only activates if a head phones above 50ohms is connected..Would love to hear your opinions and comments.. Thanks in advance ☺️

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #503 of 1,369
Hello everyone..I am new here..Just came to know about neutron player..I am using an LG v 20..With v Moda crossfade m100s..The app is a bit complicated for me..can someone help me out for getting the maximum output from my current setup..I listen a music genre from many languages..Mostly English..Sort of a bass head ..But..Gives importance to clarity too..i thought there was no better player than power amp.. But..I think..Neutron output better audio.... planning to get a Sennheiser HD 599..Just to utilise the quad sac setup in the v20..The high impedance mode only activates if a head phones above 50ohms is connected..Would love to hear your opinions and comments.. Thanks in advance ☺️

Neutron's best features are variable Crossfeed and the parametric EQ. The first one depends on what compromise you can deal with as increasing the sound being filtered across both channels can create depth but might narrow the soundstage beyond just putting the cymbals near the center.

As for EQ, that depends on your headphone/IEM. You need to look up the response graphs of what you have and level off everything to where 1000hz is as much as possible. Read up on how to understand EQ, particularly Q Factor and the curve types.

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #504 of 1,369

Neutron's best features are variable Crossfeed and the parametric EQ. The first one depends on what compromise you can deal with as increasing the sound being filtered across both channels can create depth but might narrow the soundstage beyond just putting the cymbals near the center.

As for EQ, that depends on your headphone/IEM. You need to look up the response graphs of what you have and level off everything to where 1000hz is as much as possible. Read up on how to understand EQ, particularly Q Factor and the curve types.

does neutron have channel balance

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #506 of 1,369
May 7, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #507 of 1,369
Hi everyone,

I'm new to sound, and recently bought M6 Pro. I wasn't happy with the flat sound ,and went online seeking for help to improve it. The first thing I learned is that I need parametric EQ. After checking the evaluation of Neutron, USB Audio Player PRO and Onyko I liked Neutron the most and preparing to buy the full version now that the evaluation is over. However, I'm pretty new - so working directly with parametric EQ is tough for me. I'm currently using it with values I'm given by people who are trying to help, but I think it's a good idea for me to be able to play around with EQ. Identify the areas and what changing the EQ settings does. So - to the question:

Does Neutron has the option for 'graphical eq' like most other players has? I can't verify it now as the trial is over and it's something I will probably need.

Also - besides settings the suggested EQ settings given to me, is there anything else I should do before I'm trying to burn-in my brain with the new headphones? or the default Neutron settings should decent to start with?

Thanks!

May 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #508 of 1,369
My eval ended quite some time ago, so I can't check the following anymore:
- does Neutron play gapless?
- does it support external sd cards? from what I remember for some reason it wasn't showing them - only the music folder in the root. is there something I have to do to show them? I'm using always folder view/browsing, if that helps.
- is it possible to add music (songs, whole folders) to Now Playing (it's called dynamic playlist, I think)? the last I checked it had only playlists creation

May 22, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #509 of 1,369
Hi.

I'm using a Dragonfly Black with Neutron music player via Android 6 with an OTG cable. When I try to play music at 44.1khz I get awful digital distortion (think Aphex Twin mash up!) over the music for about 5 seconds every couple of minutes or so. When I run at 48khz it seems better.

My phone is a P9 Lite and I have modded it to get OTG working. Has anyone experience something similar with Neutron and OTG DAC's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back